Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ECM Map or FuelPak???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM
kgspride
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question ECM Map or FuelPak???

Installing a Rinehart 4" Slip-On (keeping stock 2-1 headers, for now atleast) and a Screamin Eagle Ventilator Kit on a '10 FLHX. A local shop said I wouldn't need anything more than the standard Harley mapping and that it would be "close enough" to a good setting. Also considering pulling out the baffle for local rides. Will that significantly change the fuel/air mix requirement from what the local shop wants to set the mapping to??? Thanks!

God Bless Our Troops and Vets!
Semper Fi

Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will likely need some sort of tuning device. I also believe you will experience some decel popping with the harley download and that may be enough to drive you crazy. The ECM has some ability to compensate, but it is probably not enough to make the bike run the way it should.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
kgspride
6th Gear

Thanks TickTock. I will do some follow up research. Anyone had any experience with the FuelPak being sufficient for my set up?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
LimitedLou
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kgspride
Thanks TickTock. I will do some follow up research. Anyone had any experience with the FuelPak being sufficient for my set up?
I have used the fuelpak with my 2009 FLHX with slip ons, se air, and a harley download.. (Witch was a wast). Was suffitiant.. Used the same Fuelpak on my now 2010 FLHTK with the same but NO Download.. Was suffitiant.. I now have the TTS set up with a Dyno Tune. I wish I would of tried the V-Tune before I got the Dyno.. Just to see.. But all in all happy with my set up... Hope this helps..

Old 05-27-2011, 12:59 AM
kgspride
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LimitedLou
I have used the fuelpak with my 2009 FLHX with slip ons, se air, and a harley download.. (Witch was a wast). Was suffitiant.. Used the same Fuelpak on my now 2010 FLHTK with the same but NO Download.. Was suffitiant.. I now have the TTS set up with a Dyno Tune. I wish I would of tried the V-Tune before I got the Dyno.. Just to see.. But all in all happy with my set up... Hope this helps..
Thanks LimitedLou. After reviewing a bunch of info, I will settle in on the FuelPak and see how that goes. I appreciate the input!