Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII tuner in Maryland ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 PM
RjCapp
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII tuner in Maryland ??

Anyone recommend or not recommend a shop that could DYno tune my 07 Heritage equiped with a Power Commander?? I am in Harford County , Maryland. I would like to do the advanced map and tune each cylinder individually! I was going to go to Eastern Performance on Friday.
I already installed V an H Big Radius, Big Sucker A/C stage 1, and Power commander.
Downloaded the map from power commander.
The bike runs well . Starts fine.
I did the throttle zero from 4% down to 0% after bike was run and warm, now have very minimal decel pop.
Downloaded installed the accelerator pump option and set it up with tech support . To help with throttle response
The rear jug head pipe has some blueing front jug head pipe shinny. Obviously I did not install the heat shields yet.
Slight hesitation of throttle response after bike sits at idle, example sitting and red light.
Minimal puff of smoke when bike is first started and I give a little bit of throttle. ?? rich when could??

I have to say I am fortunate and the downloaded map works well. I worked with power commander tech help and everything seems fine and makes sense. They said their map gets 90-95 % out of a bike.

I want to dyno tune it to get every bit out of the new set up in cluding gas milage, throttle reponse, and no decel pop.

I checked and the plug gap is fine.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:00 PM
LockNut
Cruiser
Default RE: PCIII tuner in Maryland ??

I would stay away from Eastern Performance. They were suppose to install the PCIII, Big Sucker and Dyno the bike. They DID NOT install the PC correctly. They charged me for a dyno tune they did not do. The bike was surging on the way home. I called DynoJet, told them what they had done and was told they did it wrong. They are suppose to be an approved center but they suck. I called Eastern back and they tried to wiggle out of it by placing the blame on each other. Basically I caught them stealing from me by charging me for something they didn't do and then doing a crap job on the other work. They asked me to bring the bike back so they could remove all the stuff and refund all my money. I bought the PCIII and installed it myself.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:17 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Want to take a cruise up to Pennsylvania?

I am planning on taking my '07 Ultra to Battlefield Harley-Davidson. They are an approved Power Commander dealer and DynaJet dyno tuning center. I really have not heard good or bad about these folks. I have visited the dealer several times and havce decided that unless I hear otherwise I will be going with them.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:20 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

american cycle performance in glen burnie.... talk to gil ,he did the dyno tune on my bike, excellent job, excellent service, excellent price!

Old 10-25-2006, 11:27 PM
JRFLHR
Cruiser

Hi
I'm in Harford county too.
I know a guy in parkville that has a brand new Dynajet 250 w/all the stuff and is very good with power commanders.
He is certified and has the dyno installed in the floor of his garage so it easy to drive right in.
He does this at night and weekends.
His name is Keith and his number is 410-663-3312.
I use to work with his brother.He does a lot of upgrades and likes to use the Zippers stuff.
Joe

Old 10-26-2006, 07:26 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

WOW
Glad I asked.
I will talk to both guys in Glen Burnie and Parkville!

Much Appreciated

Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 AM
RKC2001
Cruiser

Just another plug for American Cycle Performance. I live in Harford County and rode to Glen Burnie to get my dyno done. Great guy and he explains everything while he's doing it.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:50 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

I too now highly recommend Gil @ American Cycle Performance in Glen Burnie.
Very profesional and straight up.
Explained the whole process. Did not over charge.

Just got the Dyno results and did not need a custom MAP. Go figure! Only charged for the Dyno testing like qouted.

Thanks for the head up!

Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
gabhart
Road Master

How about those dyno results?

Old 10-27-2006, 05:56 PM
gabhart
Road Master