Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

understanding pcIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:56 AM
cnielsen4130
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default understanding pcIII

i just recently bought a pcIII from fuel moto, and i understand the concept and all behind a tuner, but i cant find good information about the actual product. the reason i need some, is because it seems like my bike is running worse now, i installed a pcIII and k&n filter, and it runs good at high rpms, but will ping when i hit the throttle, and at when i stop and start, it sputters at low rpm, i need to understand the tuner before i try and do anything, i dont know what the buttons on the outside do, i want to understand some of the technical side of it.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:10 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: understanding pcIII

You don't need the buttons if you use your computer. The buttons are very limited.

You adjust the percent over stock (or upgraded ecm) for each rpm in 500rpm increments and at each throttle position from 0-100% in strange increments.
On the second tab you can adjust the timing curve, but I don't think you need to make changes with just pipe/ac. Mine are all 0's and work very well.

There is the revxtend, accelerator pump, and start fuel that you can adjust by hitting ctrl-f. I'd leave start fuel alone.

I changed the acc pump a little at a time until I got a real solid take-off from stand still.

Most important thing is to zero your throttle. If you have not done that, it is a must. The PCIII needs to accurately know what throttle position you are at. Directions on Fuelmoto or PC site.

Pretty basic instruction, but I hope it helps. Jamie will also offer quite a bit of assistance if you call him or email.

be sure to save the original map somewhere else before modifying it. Also make sure to use the send map button to deliver the changes to your PCIII.

Pretty simple in concept, but complicated to do just right and not waste fuel.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 AM
mlbuckner
Novice

Rhubarb, just curious on what final settings you came up with for your bike in reference to the PCIIIUSB Accell Pump. I am curretly set at the recommended setting for crusing but looking for better options. Would you provide your settings?

Thanks,

Matt

Old 10-29-2006, 08:31 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

l

Old 10-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

Hmm, guess you can't look at it in your map!

I thought it would save there. I honestly don't know, but I'll try to take a look today. Have to hook back up.

I've been thinking of changing some values anyhow. I'm running well, but gas mileage has suffered greatly. Plugs look great, but only doing 33mpg now. Thats down 10!!!

Could be just me hitting the throttle more now.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Mark
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested in taking a look at your map also Rhubarb if you don't mind.

Thanks

Mark

Old 10-29-2006, 07:33 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

\

Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry no fuel pump data yet. Honeydo's got out of control today.
Here is my map. I haven't made any changes yet in trying to get better milage. Maybe later this week if work doesn't get too busy.

Name:  PCMAP.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  873.8 KB