Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Problems with Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM
reissman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F0xtr0t
I am having problems with using my new powervision from fuelmotousa. I can't get my computer to reconize the device. It says the drivers are not compatable.

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit. I downloaded the software from dynojet.com. I have reinstalled the 64 bit software from the site using the compressed file and the uncompressed. Can I get some help or is this not compatable?

Powervision when plugged in displays 'PC link mode Active'

Also I can't get the device to turn on. The power button has no response. I tried plugging in the port turn on ignition and run switch. Bike is up but power vision does not do anything. The only time I get any response from the unit is when I plug it into my pc. Could I have gotten a defective unit and that is why it is not recognized by my computer and will not load the driver?

***update***
Ok tried a different USB port and the driver installed. I updated the map base with the update client and that seemed to go fine. When I plug the unit into the bike I still get nothing.

***update 2***
I called Jamie at fuel moto and he got it up in 3 seconds. I had it plugged into the accessory port not the j1850 port. The j1850 port is located underneathe the left side cover that mirrors the battery box.
I had the same exact problem (plugged into the wrong place)...LOL live and learn.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about showing a photo where u connected it ...

Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive had the pv on my bike for awhile now and now all of a sudden it won't power up while on the bike. Nothing has been added or removed from the bike. The pv does boot right up when connected to the computer. Any ideas? Gonna call FM in the AM.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownSanta
ive had the pv on my bike for awhile now and now all of a sudden it won't power up while on the bike. Nothing has been added or removed from the bike. The pv does boot right up when connected to the computer. Any ideas? Gonna call FM in the AM.
Bad cable?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe have some crud in the connector that goes to the bike's data port?