Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No spark to 03 Ultra??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011 | 08:41 PM
mikestrikes
|
Intermediate
Default No spark to 03 Ultra??

I have no spark to my Ultra. It started missing on the front cylinder when it warmed up, but ran fine for first 5 minutes. After reading other posts, I saw alot of Crank sencors going bad, so I put mine on my wifes 06 Street glide and no problems, so I exchanged my Volt Reg with an old one I had that was known good when I removed it. Now, no spark to either cylinder, I even replaced the coil and batteryl with hers and no help. I'm stumped. Any suggestions out there?

Old 03-14-2011 | 06:30 AM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mikestrikes
I have no spark to my Ultra. It started missing on the front cylinder when it warmed up, but ran fine for first 5 minutes. After reading other posts, I saw alot of Crank sencors going bad, so I put mine on my wifes 06 Street glide and no problems, so I exchanged my Volt Reg with an old one I had that was known good when I removed it. Now, no spark to either cylinder, I even replaced the coil and batteryl with hers and no help. I'm stumped. Any suggestions out there?
Is the engine light coming on? If so, you need to check for codes.

Old 03-14-2011 | 06:23 PM
mikestrikes
|
Intermediate

No codes, came home today, put it back together and it started, got warm then started cutting out again, pulled front plug wire, no spark at 2500 rpm to front plug. Found a stealer 45 miles away that had crank sensor in stock. Fixing to go put it on and see if that was it. If not, I guess I will take it to stealer for diagnoses, they said 75 per hour to diagnose the problem. Hopefully it was the crank sensor

Old 03-14-2011 | 08:17 PM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mikestrikes
No codes, came home today, put it back together and it started, got warm then started cutting out again, pulled front plug wire, no spark at 2500 rpm to front plug. Found a stealer 45 miles away that had crank sensor in stock. Fixing to go put it on and see if that was it. If not, I guess I will take it to stealer for diagnoses, they said 75 per hour to diagnose the problem. Hopefully it was the crank sensor
If your engine light isn't coming on you can check off the sensors, the ecm would pick it up. Have you tried plug wires?

Old 03-14-2011 | 09:16 PM
mikestrikes
|
Intermediate

Crank sensor fixed my problem, well one of them. I noticed about 2 weeks ago that it was cutting out between 5500 and 6500 RPM, and then the crank sensor went out, I thought it was related. After replacing the crank sensor, I warmed bike up and it ran great up to 5500. I just painted it about a month ago and I guess I twisted my fuel line during assembly, when I pulled fuel pump, I noticed the line was kinked down by the petcock, so after untwisting the line, I'm riding wheelies on my Ultra again. Life is good........

Thanks for the suggestions.......

Mike
www.mikestrikes.net