Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

best place to buy 2007 PCIII online

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 PM
cnielsen4130
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best place to buy 2007 PCIII online

i havent found the 2007 pc3 online. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: best place to buy 2007 PCIII online

I just bought my PCIII from Fuel Moto http://www.fuelmotousa.com/. You can call Jamie and order direct or go to thier Ebay store and order the the PCIII for the same price with free shipping.
I installed mine with the stock configuration and the SE slipons. Runs great. One downside is that it takes slightly longer to start. I can live with that because it runs better and about 20 deg. cooler.

Good luck

Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

FUELMOTO

Jamie is awesome to work with and prices cant be beat.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:06 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm with these guys...FuelMoto. I am using Jamie's map on my '07 Ultra and it runs great!

Old 10-13-2006, 12:28 PM
cap_njack
Novice

Fuel Moto...best prices....best warranty.....call Jamie

Old 10-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my PCIII from Eatern Performance. At the time, theirs was the best price.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Slick
6th Gear

Ditto on Fuelmoto...Ordered my PCIII last Thursday, got it yesterday with custom map. $269 to the house!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep. FuelMoto!

His maps are sooo friggin different that Powercommanders.

I tried theirs just to see, and wow bike doesn't run good at all.
His it runs great!

Old 10-17-2006, 03:00 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New post on his site should be coming about o2s and how they work maybe as soon as today.Fuelmoto

Old 10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because of the large amount of questions I receive about the O2 sensors and all of the incorrect information we have seen on the 07 Harley EFI, I will further explain how the closed loop EFI system works on the Harley Delphi system and why Dynojet has developed the Power Commander with O2 sensor eliminators. First I will start by explaining how the narrowband O2 sensor works. Keep in mind the O2 sensor is only one of the many sensors which monitor engine functions in the EFI system. The narrowband O2 sensor can only accurately measure a small area within 14.7:1 stoichiometric air/fuel ratio range and works by providing a voltage signal to the ECM which then will continuously monitor the stoichiometric mid point crossover and adjust accordingly until the A/F is in the 14.7:1 range. The ECM is only using the O2 sensor feedback signal when the system is in closed loop mode. Closed loop mode occurs only under certain conditions which are light load, steady speed part throttle, constant mode under 3500 RPM's. It is only after these conditions that the will EFI go into closed loop mode and the ECM will adjust until the O2 crossover point is in the 14.7:1 A/F range. This is not at idle, not while accelerating, and certainly not at full throttle. Simply put, an narrowband O2 sensor only works for adjusting low load/cruise area and does not work well in performance applications because it can only monitor a small area within the stoichiometric A/F range. With that being said, yes the EFI can adjust itself on the 07 Harley models. That is if you consider the small amount of time it is in closed loop, and then when the ECM is able to adjust A/F it can only adjust it to 14.7:1 which is WAY too lean. For reasonable performance and drivability this 14.7:1 A/F is extremely lean and this is the reason for the 07 bikes to run very hot with poor drivability. This condition gets even worse when you change your exhaust or air cleaner. Optimum A/F ratio for cruise area is 13.4-13.6:1 and 12.8-13.2:1 for wide open throttle. When you install an aftermarket EFI module (regardless of manufacturer) you will need to eliminate the O2 sensors with eliminators that send a fixed signal. This will prevent the EFI from going into closed loop mode and you will be able to tune to an optimum A/F ratio for the bike to run properly, otherwise the stock O2 sensors and closed loop mode will try to lean the mixture within the 14.7:1 range. Even with the Harley Screamin Eagle Race Tuner in which you can retain the O2 sensors, again you can still only work within the stoichiometric range in which the O2 sensors can measure. Dynojet certainly has the technology to develop a Power Commander for the Harley models with a Wideband sensor that replaces the stock O2 sensor which would be able to tune in real time to target A/F ratios, Power modes etc.. although with the relatively simple design of the Harley/Delphi injection the current Power Commander USB is more than capable of adjusting what we need to adjust at the moment. Keep in mind in Japanese applications the Power Commander is widely used as well in EFI systems that are far more complex with technology such as Dual ECU's, computer controlled secondary throttle blades, multiple staged injectors for each cylinder, fly by wire throttle and for 2007 computer variable intake length. From our experience tuning bikes everyday we know the Power Commander is the best EFI module available and works like no other to effectively adjust the EFI in the full range of RPM's and throttle positions, including the light load/steady cruise areas. Keep in mind that our maps are developed using different modes for light load/cruise area and for upper RPM full throttle performance. We have seen excellent results on the 2007 bikes and hope this has helped with any questions

Quick Reply: best place to buy 2007 PCIII online