Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

best place to buy 2007 PCIII online

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Hollywood
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best place to buy 2007 PCIII online

This goes along the lines of what the service manager at my dealer told me last week. I asked him what they needed to do to install a complete exhaust system. He stated that they run a code that turns off the 02 sensors. I don't remember what module they used.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EASTERN PERFORMANCE CYCLES....$299 free shipping at my door in LESS than 2 days. The $299 is for the '07 with the o2 eliminators.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Hollywood
Banned

I just corresponding back and forth with Zipperperformance. I was inquiring about thier system checking to see if they had anything where I could keep the 02 sensors. Below is their reply. Let me know what you guys think.

We do have our Auto Tune System that is being released. It is a true closed loop system that will continually monitor and adjust the AFR to meet the setting that is programmed into the ThunderMax ECM.
This system is a two part system consisting of the ThunderMax ECM and the Auto Tune System. The ThunderMax comes with the Smart Link software and the communications cable. The Auto Tune Kit includes the wide band O2 sensors and the Auto Tune Module. This system will plug into your existing wiring harness and will not require you to splice into any of the wires on your bike.
We will have this system available very soon.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:39 AM
hjdistl
Advanced

Hollywood,

I have been running the Thundermax (TM) ECM since July. Best money I have spent. They did not have a map for my setup so I called them. 30 Days later they e-mailed me that they had a setup for me. It made a huge difference in the way my bike ran. The TM today does not use the O2 sensors. I am anxiously awaiting the add on Auto Tune System. I understand you will be able to set it up for the AFR you want and then get out of its way because it will give you what you want.

There does seem to be a partnership between Zippers and Daytona Twin Tec on their products. I have heard nothing but praise for the Twin Tec products also.

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/TCFI.html

IMHO the TM is a better item that either the SERT or PCIII. The TM has more tuning points which to me means I have more control over overall tuning of my bike. Compare to PCIII or SERT - ThunderMax has over 1,900 points of adjustment compared to Power Commander (279 points) and Race Tuner (153 points). Points of adjustment meaning if my throttle position is at a given point I can adjust how much fuel I can deliver, and what my spark advance is for that position. This breaks down to being able to make these adjustments for every 1.5 degree of throttle position.

The biggest complaint I have seen in many different forums is that not to many tuners know or want to learn the Thundermax tuning software. I personally do not see this as a problem. The software is very straight forward. I have made several adjustments to my bike very effortlessly and it is running like a scalded dog. I have shown the software to a local tuner who is well versed in PCIII & SERT, he thinks it will be easy to pick up and learn in a very short time. The key to him is that he is willing to learn something new and knows that not one particular product will fill all needs.

Let me repeat “Not one particular product will fill all needs.” My point is that everyone’s needs and requirements for what they want and expect out of their bike will dictate which “tuning” product is best for them. For me it is the Thundermax, for you it might be the Thundermax, or the SERT or the PCIII.

The selling points to me were the points of adjustment and the 30 day money back guarantee, plus the willingness of Zippers to work with me to get a map built for my setup. Pete & Randy are 2 of the best I have ever worked with and their product has delivered exactly as they told me it would.

No I have not put my bike on a dyno. HP & TQ to me are meaningless. Who really cares? My bike fills my needs and I am quite happy with it. When it is all said and done that is all that really matters. HP & TQ number plus $5 and I can get a Grande Latte @ any Starbucks

Good luck with which ever way you decide to go.