Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 10:02 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Just an FYI that Dynojet has been building on the Power Vision FAQ section of their website with enhanced information that PV users should find helpful http://dynojet.com/powervision/powervision-faqs.aspx#6c

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-28-2016, 11:15 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by adkg12
Hello all...I was wondering how this log & tune looks in MLV? I have no real issues or problems. It pulls hard, it has just the right amount of decel rumble and popping (I like it), negligible knock (nothing audible), and heat is fine. Just a general curiosity...if I could fix any one thing, it would be a tiny bit better eco in the crusing ranges (65-75mph). Again, just a general curiosity...
Thanks all....as always, love reading this forum thread!
Glen
Looking at your calibration and log it is setup for closed loop operation in only a small area, 40/50Kpa-2000-3500RPM. If you are looking for a bit more mileage and fuel control I would extend closed loop to cover a larger region of the tune. I also generally set the Closed Loop Bias to a single value between 680-700mv. Most importantly it appears that there has been a large amount of smoothing applied to your VE tables, and while I do not know the specific mods that are done to the bike in this example they do not look typical of most tuned VE tables. I can see in your log that closed loop is pretty solid (see image below) no reason not work with that. If you are looking to improve your tune I would recommend doing a series of Auto tune sessions, I would start with three, 20 minute session with your current map. In the Auto Tune settings screen set the Min MAP to 30Kpa and the Max MAP to 70Kpa for the time being. Between each session export learned and re-enable the new map you created for you next session. After your third session post your map and lets take a look at the corrections that were populated. If you can also get a 20+ minute log (not in Auto Tune mode) on the final map created under normal conditions that would be great as well, for log channels go to the Signal List and select Narrowband Logging and this will give us everything we need to see. If you need any help along the way just post up your questions.

Here is a MLV screenshot of the closed loop corrections from the log you posted, I have noted your current closed loop area in red. The scale on the Y axis represents the +/- % of the closed loop integrator. This area of your tune is pretty solid

Old 03-28-2016, 03:03 PM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all. I will do this today...Oddly enough, the bike runs very well...pulls really strong everywhere...Wouldnt it run badly if it was so far out of tune? Merely asking..As for mods, stock A/C for 2007 SERK, added V&H Cruiser Slash Cut Rounds w/ stock V&H baffle. I did install Fulsac's true dual conversion kit. Other than GMR lifters and S&S Quickie PRs...nothing.
Glen

Last edited by adkg12; 03-28-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:23 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Thanks all. I will do this today...Oddly enough, the bike runs very well...pulls really strong everywhere...Wouldnt it run badly if it was so far out of tune? Merely asking..As for mods, stock A/C for 2007 SERK, added V&H Cruiser Slash Cut Rounds w/ stock V&H baffle. I did install Fulsac's true dual conversion kit. Other than GMR lifters and S&S Quickie PRs...nothing.
Glen
Its not that I feel it may be running badly, I simply think we could make some really nice improvements with not too much effort

Old 03-29-2016, 07:39 AM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah I see...
So I took your advice and ran AT on my tune but I actually did it 4 times. It did in fact make some changes. Not too many, but the few it made did in fact smooth out the "pull". I am attaching the original tune, the after AT tune and the after AT log. It did increase my decel rumble to more rumble and additional pop...but I can fix that easy enough. I like a little rumble and pop..call me crazy.. ! I am thinking that maybe extending the length of the AFR CL range into 60KPa @ 2500-3000Rpm to experiment with the eco goal. I would LIKE to see 40mpg or so @ 65-70mph...if that isnt too realistic of course, without much sacrifice to my low-speed, low gear, roll on the throttle hard, power. If that makes sense. Anyway, here ya go..
Glen

PS. Feel free to email me if you prefer. My email is my screen name here, at the gmail
Thanks
Glen

Attached Files
File Type: zip
adkg12_Tune.zip (112.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-29-2016, 09:50 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Ah I see...
So I took your advice and ran AT on my tune but I actually did it 4 times. It did in fact make some changes. Not too many, but the few it made did in fact smooth out the "pull". I am attaching the original tune, the after AT tune and the after AT log. It did increase my decel rumble to more rumble and additional pop...but I can fix that easy enough. I like a little rumble and pop..call me crazy.. ! I am thinking that maybe extending the length of the AFR CL range into 60KPa @ 2500-3000Rpm to experiment with the eco goal. I would LIKE to see 40mpg or so @ 65-70mph...if that isnt too realistic of course, without much sacrifice to my low-speed, low gear, roll on the throttle hard, power. If that makes sense. Anyway, here ya go..
Glen

PS. Feel free to email me if you prefer. My email is my screen name here, at the gmail
Thanks
Glen
Looking at the data you posted I can see that your original tune was very lean in some places and there were some pretty significant corrections populated with Auto Tune. I have made some additional adjustments to your VE tables, I reconfigured your AF table for a broader closed loop area, and set the closed loop bias to 700mv. I emailed a revised calibration to adkg12@*****.com please give this a try.

The following users liked this post:
oldhippie (03-30-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 01:13 AM
shrekmoose
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How are you changing what MAP readings and RPM your bike opperates at closed loop? I cant find an option to change that anywhere. My cruising mpg isnt the greatest but I think I may be cruising out of closed loop as I usually cruise around 85.......

Old 03-31-2016, 03:34 AM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by shrekmoose
How are you changing what MAP readings and RPM your bike opperates at closed loop? I cant find an option to change that anywhere. My cruising mpg isnt the greatest but I think I may be cruising out of closed loop as I usually cruise around 85.......
You can take the bike in and out of closed loop using the values entered into the AFR table. Generally 14.68 is closed loop. Anything outside of this is generally open loop. You can alter this a slight bit by changing the Mv in the closed loop bias table (non lambda bike). He changed the closed loop bias table to 700 Mv so this guy's AFR table is probably targeting something like 14.50 AFR in closed loop.

If you pull the original poster's log you will see that his AFR table was set to 13.0 to 13.5 (open loop) in the cruise KPa ranges. I cannot see the corrected MAP but I'm guessing that when FM said that he "broadened the close loop" he put the MAP in the closed loop (14.6) in the cruise range to help with fuel economy.

Have you added anything to the bike or is it stock? What kind of mileage are you getting now?

I'd caution you before you start fiddle farting around with the AFR table to make sure you have mapped your VE tables and that they are correct. Note that he made changes to this guy's VE tables, probably based on what he saw with the CLI in this guy's log.

Last edited by oleboy; 03-31-2016 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:06 AM
shrekmoose
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

bike has Screamin eagle AC jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe and JPE slip ons. Ive done some auto tuning and have gotten my VEs close very minor changes on the last few auto tune runs. Have gotten pretty much all of my timing spot on. Bike gets around 36 to 37 cruising between 80 and 85 which isnt terrible but i was hoping to hit 40. the areas I cruise in are set to 14.4 AFR right now, would changing those areas up to 14.68 maybe get me a little closer. Bike also seems to really come alive right at 3k rpms but im guessing thats just the stock cams in the rushmore bike waking up there.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:39 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by shrekmoose
bike has Screamin eagle AC jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe and JPE slip ons. Ive done some auto tuning and have gotten my VEs close very minor changes on the last few auto tune runs. Have gotten pretty much all of my timing spot on. Bike gets around 36 to 37 cruising between 80 and 85 which isnt terrible but i was hoping to hit 40. the areas I cruise in are set to 14.4 AFR right now, would changing those areas up to 14.68 maybe get me a little closer. Bike also seems to really come alive right at 3k rpms but im guessing thats just the stock cams in the rushmore bike waking up there.
I'm not sure whether that adjustment would yield you 3-4 MPG because I have never tried it.

Are you using the PV to calculate your MPG or are you calculating it manually using your odometer and the gallons per the pump? If you are using the PV to do it, I would calculate it manually a couple of times and see if there is a difference.

Since you seem to have your VE tables mapped pretty good, I would post a picture of your AFR table. There are allot of professional tuners (I'm not one) on this site that could probably look at your table and offer some help or suggestions.

Just curious, what method did you use to adjust your spark tables? I saw the PV had a AT feature to adjust them however I haven't used it. They recommended that you get the mapping for the VE tables correct before doing so. I'm still fooling around with that.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread