Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 07:51 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,349 Likes on 5,493 Posts

Forget 3and 4 go with the real deal with no phone involved.

The following users liked this post:
LRS (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 12:05 PM
LRS
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahog
I would go with the 2 or 3. The 4 is only if you plan on tuning it yourself.

Dyno shops don't use the 4 yet and might not use the 4 ever.
I don't understand why though.
I wonder why? Fuelmoto says the pv4 can be dyno tuned.

I really have no gripes with the way my 2015 103HO performs. It gets good fuel mileage & Im not racing. I have no plan to do anything other than stage 1 unless something breaks. Only reason Im looking into tuner is the heat at cat. Im considering decatting. Already have v&h 4.5” slip ons on it and a stage one ac sitting on the work bench. I know if I decatt, and add the open air filter It will be super lean.

Rollbar (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 12:24 PM
yamahog
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LRS

I really have no gripes with the way my 2015 103HO performs. It gets good fuel mileage & Im not racing. I have no plan to do anything other than stage 1 unless something breaks. Only reason Im looking into tuner is the heat at cat. Im considering decatting. Already have v&h 4.5” slip ons on it and a stage one ac sitting on the work bench. I know if I decatt, and add the open air filter It will be super lean.
I know it can be dyno tuned, but the method is different in how it's done. The pv4 is more of an access doggle for the software to use that being a stand alone unit.

The best way to to loose the cat is with a new headpipe, better flow all the way around. There are headpipes that you can still use your existing slip-ons with that will flow better than your stock pipes with the cat punched out

The following 2 users liked this post by yamahog:
LRS (10-24-2023), Rollbar (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 09:25 PM
Rollbar
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I know it can be dyno tuned, but the method is different in how it's done. The pv4 is more of an access doggle for the software to use that being a stand alone unit.

The best way to to loose the cat is with a new headpipe, better flow all the way around. There are headpipes that you can still use your existing slip-ons with that will flow better than your stock pipes with the cat punched out
Agreed, but the stock intake can only bring in so much air if I'm not mistaken so it's a total volume thing on both sides of the air pump.
I'm thinking of doing the catalytic converter removal as well.
PO=no baffles but I did add the DK Thunder Torque inserts so that might help, not sure.

Old 10-24-2023, 10:30 PM
yamahog
Novice

Originally Posted by Rollbar
Agreed, but the stock intake can only bring in so much air if I'm not mistaken so it's a total volume thing on both sides of the air pump.
I'm thinking of doing the catalytic converter removal as well.
PO=no baffles but I did add the DK Thunder Torque inserts so that might help, not sure.
I have 2019 with a SE stage 4 kit that has the 64mm throttle body and intake manifold, CNC Ported heads, SE 515 cam, Rinehart 4.5 slip-on mufflers and super suckered air folter system. My restriction in the stock headpipe. I just don't have the money now. I have a powervision pv1/2 that I was able to transfer from my 2011 that was totaled out from a hit-n-run

Old 10-26-2023, 05:01 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,032 Likes on 600 Posts

I would go with the 2 or 3. The 4 is only if you plan on tuning it yourself.

Dyno shops don't use the 4 yet and might not use the 4 ever.
I don't understand why though.
Originally Posted by LRS

Just went through this. The shop I went to pulled the license from my PV4 and used their shop PV to tune my bike. Apparently that's easier than just using the powercore software that the PV4 uses.

They did say that they didn't know how plugging the PV4 back in and pulling the new tune with it would turn out, so they didn't plug it back in when they were done. They did send me the tune file, so I think some day this week I'll try and plug the PV4 in and see what happens. I do like the available gauge layouts in the ap. I'd hate to lose literally the only useable feature of the PV4.... we'll see.

Rollbar (10-26-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 11:07 AM
yamahog
Novice

Originally Posted by brownie4412
Just went through this. The shop I went to pulled the license from my PV4 and used their shop PV to tune my bike. Apparently that's easier than just using the powercore software that the PV4 uses.

They did say that they didn't know how plugging the PV4 back in and pulling the new tune with it would turn out, so they didn't plug it back in when they were done. They did send me the tune file, so I think some day this week I'll try and plug the PV4 in and see what happens. I do like the available gauge layouts in the ap. I'd hate to lose literally the only useable feature of the PV4.... we'll see.
At this point the PV4 will be a monitoring tool

brownie4412 (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 06:07 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,032 Likes on 600 Posts

At this point the PV4 will be a monitoring tool
Exactly this.

Old 11-11-2023, 08:47 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by brownie4412

All you need to do is open powercore and convert the pvt file (map they made for you) to a djt file and save that to your cloud. When I tune w/ a PV4, I transfer the license to my PVOG and tune w/ that, then transfer the final map to the djt file and use the PV4 to flash into the bike, that way the owner will have that file in their cloud should they need it for whatever reason.

Rollbar (12-26-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 06:12 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,271 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by LRS

Is it your first harley or first newer harley? I am really happy with the same bike. I bought it used, so I don't know if if decatted, I forgot to look when pipe was off. He said stock. It is stock pipe and pretty much everything else.

My 2007, first year of 96 and epa changes, that is hot. Myself and OL don't notice it on this bike.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread