Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 11:04 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by supernac
I get a similar message (with the latest firmware that was released a few weeks ago); I think the PVT file itself needs to be updated to match the firmware on the PV3. When I hit "yes" on mine it seems to update the file and then pops up a window with some items that were added (like options you can set). My guess is the latest PV firmware added some settings that can be changed, and the PVT file needs to address that. I've got a case opened with dynojet about it just be sure.
With the latest round of updates for the original touch screen Power Vision the firmware, tune database, & WinPv software needs to be individually updated via the PV Update Client, once these updates are performed when you open a tune in the software you will be prompted to update and it will 'sync" the tune or if a tune is flashed the PV device will update it automatically as part of the flash process.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (05-05-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 11:07 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07UltraGuy
I just received an updated/revised tune file from Dynojet.
Added it to the PV3 without incident.

Trying to write the new tune to the ECU & I get an error “Battery voltage too low to write to ecu”…
WTF? Is 12.4 VDC suddenly ‘not enough’?
🤷‍♂️
Make sure the handlebar run switch is in the "run" position, if the switch is in the run position cycle the main ignition switch.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:27 AM
supernac
Tourer
Received 234 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
With the latest round of updates for the original touch screen Power Vision the firmware, tune database, & WinPv software needs to be individually updated via the PV Update Client, once these updates are performed when you open a tune in the software you will be prompted to update and it will 'sync" the tune or if a tune is flashed the PV device will update it automatically as part of the flash process.
Thanks Jamie, that’s what I suspected but wanted to confirm.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:50 AM
Pender1
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, I'm shopping for a tuner for my '16 Ultra Limited and it's come down to the PV3 or PV4. Being that we're 1 year+ after the release of the PV4 and it seems like features are still limited on it, is the 4 worth buying at this point or am I better off grabbing a 3? Going stage 1 for now, cams will probably follow in the next couple of years. I'm buying from Fuel Moto either way, so I'm expecting good support for either unit based on their reputation.

The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (06-03-2023)
Old 06-03-2023, 08:52 PM
Rollbar
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Pender1
Hey guys, I'm shopping for a tuner for my '16 Ultra Limited and it's come down to the PV3 or PV4. Being that we're 1 year+ after the release of the PV4 and it seems like features are still limited on it, is the 4 worth buying at this point or am I better off grabbing a 3? Going stage 1 for now, cams will probably follow in the next couple of years. I'm buying from Fuel Moto either way, so I'm expecting good support for either unit based on their reputation.
I'm stage 1 and will go to 2 etc in the future/at some point and for now the PV4 works for me.
Easy and I can us my phone and monitor the bikes system and temps while riding etc.
I'm sure they will come out with more features and hopefully auto tune soon.
But for me, it is worth it for my stage 1.

Old 06-11-2023, 09:35 PM
BajaBabe2023
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Power vision tuner with 2023 street glide st

I just purchased a 2023 street glide st “fast Johnnie”. I also ordered a 135 crate motor, D&D 2-1 exhaust with a cyclerama CR 515 cam with a powervision tuner. So yes I know I’m voiding the warranty…but I just want some big numbers. I called moonshine and they wanted a minimum of 25k to start a “massive” build. I have a 23 street glide with a 131 kit and it’s a dream. But it’s all screaming eagle parts so the warranty is still good. So my real question is who do you recommend on the “aftermarket” warranty companies?

The following 2 users liked this post by BajaBabe2023:
don_evo (06-14-2023), Reaper53 (06-26-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 05:32 PM
don_evo
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to clarify, will the unlock license (bought from Fuel moto) that I installed on my PowerVision device be sharable to the tuner for him to dyno tune. Just applied the unlock license to my PV touchscreen device and have a dyno tune appointment with the shop in two weeks. The tuner shop uses PowerVision. I know the Tune license can be shared, wanted to understand if this applies to unlock license too.

Thanks!

Old 06-15-2023, 10:14 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by don_evo
Just wanted to clarify, will the unlock license (bought from Fuel moto) that I installed on my PowerVision device be sharable to the tuner for him to dyno tune. Just applied the unlock license to my PV touchscreen device and have a dyno tune appointment with the shop in two weeks. The tuner shop uses PowerVision. I know the Tune license can be shared, wanted to understand if this applies to unlock license too.

Thanks!
You cannot share an unlock, however if you have your Power Vision there is no need or reason to; the dyno tuner will use your Power Vision device.

The following 2 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
don_evo (06-15-2023), Rollbar (06-15-2023)
Old 06-17-2023, 08:25 AM
brianfl67
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have discount ESP have never had a problem getting them to cover anything that's gone wrong with my bike

Old 06-18-2023, 03:31 AM
don_evo
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Applied the fuel moto map for my dyna 117 SE but there is something off between 3k and 4K rpm with huge decel popping in the range. Right around 3.2k and at 3.7k rpm’s. What would you recommend to get this fixed? Seems like the bike could be running lean in this range. Will auto tune help?

Also while I try to get this fixed is it safe to ride the bike or can this damage the engine? I am getting the bike on the dyno in two weeks. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread