Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Well, don't get to caught-up in the MPG Calibration thing, because it may be superseded with something along the lines of what we've been wanting. Coming soon, if it works as hoped in beta testing, will be the Trip Center. This window shows Distance, Fuel Used, and MPG for Trip A and Trip B, along with a Correction factor. I haven't tested it yet but will today.

This window exists mostly to correct these three MPG-related values, and the old gauges will still be available. No longer will there be the MPG Calibration and VSS will no longer calibrate distance. Viola! Keep your fingers crossed, as I'll be testing this today on an 80-mile ride I'm planning.

You can make corrections by touching a value, like Fuel Used, and then enter the real
fuel-used that you just got at the pump. It will then calculate a correction without making you use a calculator, which is very slick if it works. I.e., if the PV Fuel Used shows 4.0 and you fill with 4.2 gal., the correction will move from 1.0 to .95, or at least I presume that's the way it works.
Nice proposed improvement!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Sorry to barge in but what should my idle be on a 07 FXST with a 555 and D&D fatcat. Jamies map is set at 700 and its giving my compensator a hellofa workout. If there is a PV for dummies thread let me know. I have read every post and you guy's are way over my head right now. This is my daily driver and I have had to borrow my neibors truck for 3 day's and I thought the FM map whould be close enough to get me going. No slam on Jamie at all.
As we spoke this morning load the copy of our calibration that I emailed you as you may have programmed it with something other than our map. Also note the idle in our calibration is 1000 RPM, if the calibration you have is 700 it is not our map. If you need any assistance just give me a call.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I contacted DynoJet and they confirmed that the description of the Decel Enleanment Multiplier field is incorrect in WinPV. I updated post #900 in this thread to reflect this. They will correct the description.

In the meantime, if you want to richen the mixture during the decel event using the Multiplier you should decrease the DE Multiplier. If it is currently 1.00, changing to .90 will richen the mixture 10% during the decel event. I still prefer using the DE table as described in post 900 because it gives you the flexibility to change by temp.

Attachment shows incorrect Description in WinPv
You generally will not use the DE Multiplier. You can work with the DE table directly if you are getting an instant decel pop especially if only does it when the motor is hot or cold as you can change this by engine temp. However for most decel area tuning I recommend going right to 20Kpa column of the AFR/Lambda table and adjusting it as required.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Jamie thanks agian. I loaded your map at break time and it idled fine. No comp noise. I think I rode her to work on the old pre cam tune. And the 700 rpm was the lower limit I saw and not the actual idle. Nothing but great things to say for you guy's. Now if somebody can start a thread for "dummy's with Power Vision's" that would be great.

Last edited by soft 02; 07-07-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: oops
Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
eja
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help please. I just installed the auto tune with wb sensors and I'm trying to download a map with adaptive control turned off. I keep getting a failed to unlock error. Any ideas?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default New MPG functionality

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Nice proposed improvement!
Well, I just took a ride of about 80 miles and based on that alone the new MPG functionality works great. And, what's amazing is that the default correction of 1.0 (i.e. none) was spot-on for my bike. It showed that I used 1.81 gal. and I filled with 1.80 at the pump after the ride. Distance was very close to actual, so MPG was also spot-on. If it holds like this I won't ever need to calibrate. Of course filling with fuel isn't a precise practice, so I may need to make some changes over time, but it appears to be very close.

These values (Economy, Distance, and Fuel Used) extend into the gauge parameters, and the Trip Center section is designed primarily as a correction medium. I hope they get this out as a regular firmware upgrade soon, as I think you guys are going to like it. The FW version will be 870 or higher, so look for it. Whoever sees it first it the Update Client list should post here.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Well, I just took a ride of about 80 miles and based on that alone the new MPG functionality works great. And, what's amazing is that the default correction of 1.0 (i.e. none) was spot-on for my bike. It showed that I used 1.81 gal. and I filled with 1.80 at the pump after the ride. Distance was very close to actual, so MPG was also spot-on. If it holds like this I won't ever need to calibrate. Of course filling with fuel isn't a precise practice, so I may need to make some changes over time, but it appears to be very close.

These values (Economy, Distance, and Fuel Used) extend into the gauge parameters, and the Trip Center section is designed primarily as a correction medium. I hope they get this out as a regular firmware upgrade soon, as I think you guys are going to like it. The FW version will be 870 or higher, so look for it. Whoever sees it first it the Update Client list should post here.
Sounds great.

Just to get the process right for adding this new feature once it's been released, I need to follow these steps?
  • Download and upgrade new PV firmware
  • Once the PV is updated, I need to "pull" the current map from the bike into the PV.
  • Then I need to reload the same map (the one I just pulled from the bike), back onto the bike.
  • The newly loaded map (same as the one I just pulled from the bike) will now have the new Trip Client features you've been beta testing.
Do I have the map update process correct?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Sounds great.

Just to get the process right for adding this new feature once it's been released, I need to follow these steps?
  • Download and upgrade new PV firmware
  • Once the PV is updated, I need to "pull" the current map from the bike into the PV.
  • Then I need to reload the same map (the one I just pulled from the bike), back onto the bike.
  • The newly loaded map (same as the one I just pulled from the bike) will now have the new Trip Client features you've been beta testing.
Do I have the map update process correct?
All I did was update the firmware, with no moving tunes around at all. I'll ask if it needs to be done to get rid of the old MPG Calibration parameter, but I don't think so.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
883_dave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When using the autotune-basic does it matter what the closed-loop bias values are? The map I have from FM has all CLB table values set at 700. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree 100% with iClick's statements. I did 110 miles today and the Trip Center was "spot on" for me as well. I also noted that DJ doesn't appear to be reusing the code for the "MPG Adjustment" in the Trip Center calculations, as my initial adjustments for Distance and Fuel Used had no effect on the value previously entered.

I'll be doing another 300-400 miles this weekend so we'll see how it does over the course of several more tanks of gas. The Trip Center provides a Distance calibration not previously possible on the '99 to Mid-'04 models with older style ECMs. While I didn't actually view the VSS parameter duing my testing, I strongly suspect that with everything else tracking correctly the Speed will too.

My preliminary testing indicates that DJ is definitely on track with the Trip Center feature, and I'm running out of things to bitch about...

-Dusty

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread