Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts

Awesome. Thanks again, Dennis. I was using the Multiplier. I think I'll use the table method. Ride safe,

TedMan

Old 07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Multipler Method: The Decel Enleanment Multiplier is normally set to 1.00. The help description in WinPV says increase this will value will increase fuel. I think that is backwards but will check with DynoJet to be sure. Normally I change values by 10%, then try 15%, up to about 30%. If what DJ says is true (increasing the value = richer), I would start with 1.10, then 1.15, etc. I use the Table method below - I know it works.
The early manual was incorrect, as increasing the DE value decreases fuel and vice versa. If you look in WinPV itself in the DE table there is a description in fine print that reflects the correct usage, the same in the new manual that should be released soon.

I changed the DE Table from this - to this (reduced by 20%)
1.00 - 0.80
0.98 - 0.78
0.95 - 0.76
0.90 - 0.71
0.76 - 0.59
0.60 - 0.46
0.53 - 0.41
0.49 - 0.37
0.46 - 0.34
0.46 - 0.34
0.46 - 0.34
0.46 - 0.34
This change will increase fuel across-the-board. Your second group of numbers is exactly like my stock setup and the way I have it set now. However, I'm getting an occasional pop on quick decel and I'm going to have to isolate it to the offending temperature.

Last edited by iclick; 07-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
The early manual was incorrect, as increasing the DE value decreases fuel and vice versa. If you look in WinPV itself in the DE table there is a description in fine print that reflects the correct usage, the same in the new manual that should be released soon.
I was referencing the Decel Enleament Multiplier not the Decel Enleanment table itself. They corrected the manual and the description is correct for the Decel Enlenament Table in WinPV but I believe the Decel Enleanment Multiplier is backwards in WinPV. I sent a note to DJ to verify that it is incorrect and plan to revise the post once they respond. see attached

I always use the Table Change method described in the previous post not the DE Multiplier.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-winpv-de.jpg  

Last edited by JustDennis; 07-06-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I was referencing the Decel Enleament Multiplier not the Decel Enleanment table itself. They corrected the manual and the description is correct for the Decel Enlenament Table in WinPV but I believe the Decel Enleanment Multiplier is backwards in WinPV. I sent a note to DJ to verify that it is incorrect and plan to revise the post once they respond. see attached

I always use the Table Change method described in the previous post not the DE Multiplier.
Okay, and yes we need to verify that they have it correctly. That makes no sense to me that increasing/decreasing the DE value is inversely proportional and the opposite for the multiplier.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:10 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Linville Lion
Can anyone provide insight as to how the MPG adjustment actually functions? There is a fuel consumption output from the ECM. Obviously, there is a built in odometer. Does anyone have a sense as to the accuarcy of either of these outputs? Or does the PV do the math to one or two inaccurate outputs and the MPG adjustment applies a fudge factor just to get the MPG closer. Just asking...
I would like to know what MPG adjustment numbers (values) everyone is ending-up with. My original value was 1989, as I'm sure many of you had the same original value. I made the change to 1790 (10%), but I haven't yet calculated whether I need to go further at this point. I'll be making a full fuel run this weekend, but in the meantime, I was just wondering what numbers you guys were coming up with. -Steevo-

Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
I would like to know what MPG adjustment numbers (values) everyone is ending-up with. My original value was 1989, as I'm sure many of you had the same original value. I made the change to 1790 (10%), but I haven't yet calculated whether I need to go further at this point. I'll be making a full fuel run this weekend, but in the meantime, I was just wondering what numbers you guys were coming up with. -Steevo-
My original was 1989 as well. I am now at 1476 and within 1mpg.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

deleted!

Last edited by soft 02; 07-07-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot!!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 AM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most seem to feel around 940 rpm is the lowest due to the oil pressure
getting somewhat low if things are hot. Seems to work gd here.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:53 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Decel Enleanment Multiplier

I contacted DynoJet and they confirmed that the description of the Decel Enleanment Multiplier field is incorrect in WinPV. I updated post #900 in this thread to reflect this. They will correct the description.

In the meantime, if you want to richen the mixture during the decel event using the Multiplier you should decrease the DE Multiplier. If it is currently 1.00, changing to .90 will richen the mixture 10% during the decel event. I still prefer using the DE table as described in post 900 because it gives you the flexibility to change by temp.

Attachment shows incorrect Description in WinPv

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-winpv-de.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:45 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
Well, don't get to caught-up in the MPG Calibration thing, because it may be superseded with something along the lines of what we've been wanting. Coming soon, if it works as hoped in beta testing, will be the Trip Center. This window shows Distance, Fuel Used, and MPG for Trip A and Trip B, along with a Correction factor. I haven't tested it yet but will today.

This window exists mostly to correct these three MPG-related values, and the old gauges will still be available. No longer will there be the MPG Calibration and VSS will no longer calibrate distance. Viola! Keep your fingers crossed, as I'll be testing this today on an 80-mile ride I'm planning.

You can make corrections by touching a value, like Fuel Used, and then enter the real
fuel-used that you just got at the pump. It will then calculate a correction without making you use a calculator, which is very slick if it works. I.e., if the PV Fuel Used shows 4.0 and you fill with 4.2 gal., the correction will move from 1.0 to .95, or at least I presume that's the way it works.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread