Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 11:10 AM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Just received PV

I just received the PV from Fuel Moto. I noticed the tune they put in it for me is for a 2012 Softail. My bike is a 2016 Softail.

Do I have the right tune?
Is the VE table TPS or MAP for a 2016 Softail?

I don't want to get started if I may have received the wrong cal to start out with.

Thanks

Old 10-22-2016, 06:31 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Call FM

Originally Posted by Jimmy55TX
I just received the PV from Fuel Moto. I noticed the tune they put in it for me is for a 2012 Softail. My bike is a 2016 Softail.

Do I have the right tune?
Is the VE table TPS or MAP for a 2016 Softail?

I don't want to get started if I may have received the wrong cal to start out with.

Thanks
The FM techs are very good at helping; I'd ask the questions of them since you just received it from them; they'll have the answer as well as explaining why they sent what you received, if indeed you did receive the correct 'tune' for your bike and set-up.
Good luck.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JetD
The FM techs are very good at helping; I'd ask the questions of them since you just received it from them; they'll have the answer as well as explaining why they sent what you received, if indeed you did receive the correct 'tune' for your bike and set-up.
Good luck.
Yes I will do that Monday. Had a nice day today was itchin to play but I will wait and contact them.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2016, 09:33 PM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser
Default Log Tuner

Does anyone have a copy of Log Tuner kicking around that they could email to me?

Thanks

Old 10-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JetD
Good luck.
It was the wrong cal that got loaded when they sent the PV to me. They sent me the correct cal.

Thanks

Old 10-31-2016, 01:07 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
^^ David, there is no way that battery-powered vehicles will replace combustion engine vehicles. this is because our battery technology is not very good and is nothing more than a band-aid. Most of us are all for finding clean forms of energy, but until we actually have a "discovery" that pulls us out of the dark ages both energy-wise and government-wise, oil and the companies who control it will always be a firm part of our roadway vehicle operations. to think otherwise is foolish. Our global economy is still far too dependent on oil and that must shift or be eliminated in lieu of a better option.

Personally I do hope we move into a new source and era of clean renewable energy but that still looks 50+ years away, at least. Not just technically, but politically as well.

PS where do you suppose they are going to dispose all of those old Prius (and other electric car) batteries? Toxic landfills in your back yard, anyone? We're just trading one evil for another with battery cars. Nothing too 'green' here to talk about.

I think the Powervision is set up optimally for today's and the immediate future's reality.
LA, I totally agree, ELE cars and bikes are a joke, a bad joke! For the environment, people, fun etc and I am totally against them.

But understand where this is going, not for us but for our kids, less and less will know the thrill of riding a HD, rolling thunder machine.
Gone are the hot-rods, gear heads etc of old, well going, we are all grey now, next is our kids.
Slowly but surely the EPA will strangle all the fun out of bikes, cars etc. And that is the issue / problem. People are complacent, accepting of autocratic rule.

I just installed a PV5 and am thrilled to be able to tune my ride, for good or bad, its like my gun, its my choice and I and you should always have it, sadly that is not the future.

Ride like there is no tomorrow friend.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:19 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Default Great

It was the wrong cal that got loaded when they sent the PV to me. They sent me the correct cal.

Thanks
sounds like problem solved, or resolved.
Good tuning luck.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:34 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Default Yes

Does anyone have a copy of Log Tuner kicking around that they could email to me?

Thanks
I think I still have a copy; however because of of some changes DJ introduced a few years ago it takes some text editing in the background if I recall correctly to make it work with the logs that are generated today; and you have to do it each time you apply a new log. Let me see if I can relocate the details. Once you get the regimen down, it goes easy enough.
There's just much better tools available today such as Megalogviewer (MLV) and MyTune that are so much better at tune analysis support. My opinion of course.

(edit) PM Sent.

Last edited by JetD; 11-01-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: add
Old 11-01-2016, 09:44 AM
JetD
Road Captain
Default Using Notepad to Edit Log Tuner

Thanks
See this thread a post from Dynaulv #5481 and my response #5485:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...admin-549.html

Last edited by JetD; 11-03-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Correct reference
Old 11-05-2016, 03:34 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

All,

Looking for an upgraded tune for a stock 1200XLC 105 anniversary issue with screamin eagle exhaust & over stock air filter.

Suggestions for DynoJet tunes are welcome, I have them all downloaded but have not installed anything not fitting the bikes description, (playing it safe?)

DynoJet has one stock + tune but I was wondering if anyone has a better tune to unleash the potential of the 1200?

Regards to all & thanks,

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread