Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:14 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustDennis

I reduced decel enleanment, decreased close throttle spark and added a little fuel at 20kpa to reduce decel popping that I had. I also lowered the idle a little and adjusted the Throttle Blade control to reduce a little of the lag the TBS bikes have.

Hi JD,

Would you mind posting your settings for the throttle blade control? I have been wanting to do this, but have been waiting for information on this, in particular how much and which range of cells, and did you modify the alternate table as well?

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:02 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
Hi JD,

Would you mind posting your settings for the throttle blade control? I have been wanting to do this, but have been waiting for information on this, in particular how much and which range of cells, and did you modify the alternate table as well?

Thanks for your help!
First thing I did was change the Throttle Transition Gear to 6. It makes the bike use the Throttle Control Table (Alternate) exclusively. Just that change alone may be enough for you. Then I slightly adjusted the settings to get a feel I like. I am still tweaking it but here is what I am currently using.

Some people set the last few rows to 100% of the column twist grip but as you can tell, I leave it just short. Seems to work better but could all be in my head.

Tweak it until you get a feel you like but don't go crazy.

Last edited by JustDennis; 07-01-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Pass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea how to modify the Throttle Blade controls or anything else on there lol. I have no idea how those numbers effect anything... Outside of the Spark Advance I'm pretty clueless. I would definitely like to know more about the other tables, though!!

Also, looks like I'll be pulling some more timing out. Not sure if I just got bad gas or b/c the weather is a bit hotter than it had been, but my bike was pinging constantly yesterday and even some this morning. So looks like I'll pull a little bit more out.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 AM
captdave221
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pass
I have no idea how to modify the Throttle Blade controls or anything else on there lol. I have no idea how those numbers effect anything... Outside of the Spark Advance I'm pretty clueless. I would definitely like to know more about the other tables, though!!

Also, looks like I'll be pulling some more timing out. Not sure if I just got bad gas or b/c the weather is a bit hotter than it had been, but my bike was pinging constantly yesterday and even some this morning. So looks like I'll pull a little bit more out.
I see you have a 2011. Are you hearing a "ping" at 2250 to 3500 rpm area? Maybe mostly at the 2250 to 2800 rpm. I have a 2011 also and I am not sure that the sound I hear in the rpm range is "pinging" as it is there on decel also. I have heard this sound on new bikes, old bikes, stock bikes, high horse modded bikes, Twin Cams, Evo's, S&S, and Merch engines. I have never heard of anyone who can explain it. Sometimes it sounds like a slightly loose fit wrist pin to rod fitment, sometimes like pinging, sometimes like .050" valve to rocker clearance. I try to ignore it and just ride but someday I would like a reason for the sound.

Have a great 4th of July everyone.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Glyder
Road Captain
Default PowerVision and Heat Management

Ive noticed that the Dynojet Maps and the FuelMoto map for my 11 Limited have the EITMS set to 0 or off. Is this because we can turn it on and off with the throttle therefore dont need it to be set to 1 or on in the map? I also noticed that some of the maps have the compression releases turned off.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:16 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Glyder
Ive noticed that the Dynojet Maps and the FuelMoto map for my 11 Limited have the EITMS set to 0 or off. Is this because we can turn it on and off with the throttle therefore dont need it to be set to 1 or on in the map? I also noticed that some of the maps have the compression releases turned off.
If you want the EITMS function enabled you should turn it back on in your calibration. The compression release should be turned off if your bike doesn't have them. Just set the switches to match your bike or your preference.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:22 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

For any of you doing your tuning with the AT-100 Pro, I'd like some feedback. I’ve been doing some datalogs, probably 10 in all over the past week, but all until today have been fairly short. Today I did a 45-mile ride and created four CSV files, so here are some observations:

1. I have always gotten an occasional lean spike of 1.1-1.2 Lambda at cruise, and today saw some values between 1.5-2.5, but you can’t tell it when riding. You'd think running that lean would cause a misfire or detonation, even if between 1.1-1.2 and only lasting a short time. These spikes can occur on front or rear cylinder, and occasionally both together. I've also seen 32.767 on the CSV for a short burst only on decel, but only once. It shows 32.77 consistently on the PV Lambda gauges (front and rear) any time I decel at 0% TP above 3k RPM.

Later edit (07/04): I just looked at an old CSV from another participant of this thread, and he also shows lean spikes and even the odd 32.767 in places. Maybe the former are normal and the latter just some sort of reporting glitch that isn't representative of reality.

2. The bike is running very well from a seat-of-the-pants perspective, with only a pop or two every so often when I get off the throttle. The Decel Enleanment is unchanged from stock, so I may need to add some fuel (decrease the value). OTOH it would seem in viewing the CSV files that there’s quite a bit of inconsistency, with Lambda readings richer at one point and leaner in another under the same conditions.

3. What concerns me most is that today I completed three WOT runs from 2500-6000 RPM, each followed by another run to 5000 RPM in the next gear, but PV Tune doesn’t show hardly any WB2 hits above about 80% TP. In fact, I'm seeing only a few at 100% TP at 3000 RPM, and this is the only time I've seen any hits at 80-100%. OTOH the CSV clearly shows these WOT runs, so it would seem that PV Tune isn't seeing these. I had Min. Hit Count set for 80 (default) initially, then changed it to 40 today, and there still aren’t many hits, certainly not enough to tune the bike at WOT. The CSV shows it’s consistently running a bit rich at high WOT on the front cylinder, a bit lean on the rear.

4. Every time I do a datalog there aren’t any huge corrections, usually <10 for VE, but they seem to be consistent in size from tune to tune when I might expect the changes to be smaller over time.

Last edited by iclick; 07-04-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
eja
Advanced

Hey Iclick my autotune pro with WB should be here on wed. I was hoping all the bugs would be worked out by now and it would be smooth sailing. Anyone else having tuning issues with AT pro? I have a couple of questions. Do you leave the wide band sensors in your bike all the time and if so do you get DTC's from the NB sensors being disconnected?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:59 PM
ambrose
Tourer

What causes a POP when starting the bike, only happens sometimes?

Old 07-04-2011, 05:08 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by eja
Hey Iclick my autotune pro with WB should be here on wed. I was hoping all the bugs would be worked out by now and it would be smooth sailing. Anyone else having tuning issues with AT pro? I have a couple of questions. Do you leave the wide band sensors in your bike all the time and if so do you get DTC's from the NB sensors being disconnected?
I think what iclick is seeing is normal behavior. You can leave the WB sensors in your bike and you turn off the adaptive control feature in the calibration you are using so you don't get any codes. If you turn off adaptive feature, the bike is not looking for stock O2 sensor feedback. If you put the stock sensors back in you can re-enable the feature if you plan to run in closed loop mode (14.6)

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread