Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
turtle2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
No issues downloading that version for me. Insufficient disk space sounds like an issue on your PC, not the Power Vision. Do you have any disk space open on the PC for the temporary download file? I don't think the PV would be full unless you have done a ton of datalogging.
Thanks, your right temp folder was full...did not know it had a limit.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 PM
ambrose
Tourer

There is a lot of very good information in this thread. Also on post #778, I responded to a similar question by putting together a set of basic instructions. You can find that here
http://www.box.net/shared/i66qvn4xf1s2xp7fgy8v

Let's us know if you have questions. Tuning with wideband autotune is similar.
I deleted one of the tune values out of the data logging, how do I get it back?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ambrose
I deleted one of the tune values out of the data logging, how do I get it back?
If you removed one of the fields that is being logged on the PV just go back into the menu like you did the first time and add it back it. Go to data logging, touch add,select channel to add, touch ok, exit. Next log will include the data.

Last edited by JustDennis; 06-29-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 PM
ambrose
Tourer

I did a run on the bike and logged data but when I got back and hook it up to my computer and followed all the instructions in the post 778, it says Required channels missing from log

New VE (front) Channel

when I hit CAL tune.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 PM
ambrose
Tourer

Got that figured out and did another data run on my bike and followed all the instructions and when I get to the last step it says:
Table doesn't change and will match desired

Does that mean the calibration is good?

Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Got that figured out and did another data run on my bike and followed all the instructions and when I get to the last step it says:
Table doesn't change and will match desired

Does that mean the calibration is good?
You should see a message for each Table - Front VE, Rear VE, AFR, Front Spark, Rear Spark. It is very common to see the Table doesn't change message for the Front and Rear Spark table. You should always see it for the AFR table. However, you should have changes to the Front and Rear VE table. You apply those changes to the calibration you were using and then start the process over with that as your base calibration.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Pass
Advanced

However, you should have changes to the Front and Rear VE table. You apply those changes to the calibration you were using and then start thation.
Not necessarily... If the VE values were not significant enough of a change you will see the "matches desired" message. I have had this happen on occasion... but then I do another run where I change some of the external factors (i.e. speed, weather, hills, etc) and will see changes to the tune.

You will virtually always see a variance in VE during the calc tune process if you just compare the tables. Once you try to apply it to the tune in WinPV you will sometimes see the "table doesn't change. matches desired" message when the changes are minuscule.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Pass
Not necessarily... If the VE values were not significant enough of a change you will see the "matches desired" message. I have had this happen on occasion... but then I do another run where I change some of the external factors (i.e. speed, weather, hills, etc) and will see changes to the tune.

You will virtually always see a variance in VE during the calc tune process if you just compare the tables. Once you try to apply it to the tune in WinPV you will sometimes see the "table doesn't change. matches desired" message when the changes are minuscule.
I'll have to take your word for it. I have never seen the table doesn't change message when everything was working. Even "minuscule" changes to the VE tables generated the changes message for the VE tables.

To the OP, if there are no changes then you are good. However, if you didn't see "any" changes on your first run, then I would suspect something is wrong.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Pass
Advanced

I'll have to take your word for it. I have never seen the table doesn't change message when everything was working. Even "minuscule" changes to the VE tables generated the changes message for the VE tables.

To the OP, if there are no changes then you are good. However, if you didn't see "any" changes on your first run, then I would suspect something is wrong.
I've only seen it maybe 2-3x TOPS. When I compared the output on the calculated table to what was currently in the tune the VE changes were minuscule... Like fractions of fractions. I suspect it was due to the tuning runs being the same route ridden in much the same fashion back to back with no change in externals. That's just a guess.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a run on the bike and logged data but when I got back and hook it up to my computer and followed all the instructions in the post 778, it says Required channels missing from log

New VE (front) Channel

when I hit CAL tune.
I got the same message when I tried also. With this added.
Some tuning many not be able to be completed using this log"
Do I need to add New Ve (front and rear) to my logging or just ignore it?

Michael

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread