Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by eggs1959
Nice thread.
I just got finished installing set of V&H power duals, monster round mufflers and a fuel moto hi-flow cleaner with the power vision tuner on my 2015 Ultra limited. Flashed the map supplied with the power vision from fuel moto and bike seems to be running great with no popping on decel and good performance on acceleration. In looking at all the options available to monitor on the PV I notice the air fuel ratio is only 11.2 on both cylinders at idle and at cruising only increase to 11.7-11.8. I remember with tuning cars you were always looking to achieve 14.7 AFR. So my question is are these ratio values normal for newer bikes. Also I hear a slight noise from the cleaner area during acceleration like a slight rumble. Plan on calling tech at fuel-moto on Monday but thought maybe someone might have same setup and be able to offer feedback. Thanks
The actual AFR gauge only works with wide band O2 sensors. It will be off if you are using narrow band O2 sensors. The set AFR gauge will work with either O2 sensor. You are fine.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fishonsc:
adkg12 (05-26-2016), eggs1959 (05-26-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 09:59 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
Yes it is derived. I probably used something like this.

Under (Calculated Field) (Custom Field) (Add Custom Field)

Create a name for the field and then define that new custom field as

[Front AFF]*[Front CLI]=10000?1.33:0

Set the Color range by going to (Calculated Field) (Fixed Field Min and Max) (Add Fixed Field Min and Max) and set the range form a minimum of 0 and set the Maximum to 2.

Do the same for the rear and you are good to go.

Andy
Andy - using several different PV log files, I get weird results with that calculated field. One thing, if I edit the field, MLV has replaced "Front AFF" in it with "Field.egoCorrection".. I've checked syntax, seems right. Also, I set the limits as you described, results for front max at 1.33, but the rear max at 2.0..

I'm a little rusty at deciphering these expressions, but what I think what you gave me is " If AFF times CLI = 10,000 then the result will be 1.33, otherwise zero, with zero being open loop" WTH is the significance of 1.33?

Old 05-23-2016, 09:03 AM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok.. I have AT'd and AT'd, and my VE's will not line up in MLVHD like so many say they should...and ideas?

Here are a few images...
Any ideas appreciated..
Thanks
Glen

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-mxrvsdc1.png   Power Vision Information Thread-ve_5.23.2016.png  
Old 05-23-2016, 07:40 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by adkg12
Ok.. I have AT'd and AT'd, and my VE's will not line up in MLVHD like so many say they should...and ideas?

Here are a few images...
Any ideas appreciated..
Thanks
Glen
Have you looked at your logs in Excel?

Old 05-23-2016, 08:38 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

That thing of replacing names is something the code is doing under the covers. I think there is a field mapping table that you can edit if it really bothers you.

Andy

Old 05-24-2016, 10:15 AM
adkg12
Cruiser

Originally Posted by oleboy
Have you looked at your logs in Excel?
Sure...I do sometimes. I am currently using MLVHD & Mytune to view/edit tunes. The VE tables are actually starting to line up with continued riding and logging and of course making the changes suggested by MYtune, and then viewing those results in MLVHD. As the tune gets "tighter", SOP dyno feels like its not pulling as hard as before...could just be me overthinking it...

So what would be the benefit of switching the entire map to CL, (minus the idle area to manage heat) and ride around logging? In theory, isnt that kind of what auto tune is doing?

My prior tunes had much higher VE numbers, but I think this is because my CID was still at 110. During AT, I chose scale once...which of course increases the CID, and makes the VE numbers lower...as I understand it...

My ECO is better in the 55-65MPH area (38-45MPG) of course once I go above that, it goes downhill pretty fast..LOL Even though the AFR is 14.6

Anyway.. Here is what I have...
Sorry for all the pics...
Thanks
Glen

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-ve.f.png   Power Vision Information Thread-ve.r.png   Power Vision Information Thread-spark.f.png   Power Vision Information Thread-afr01.png   Power Vision Information Thread-dc-vs-mxrpm_53.png  

Power Vision Information Thread-ve.f.r.53log.png  
Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I used Excel for this sort of thing until about 10 years ago. MLVHD is just way easier to use.

Your tune looks like it is homing in.... It gets addicting

Andy

Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 AM
adkg12
Cruiser

I used Excel for this sort of thing until about 10 years ago. MLVHD is just way easier to use.

Andy
Yes it is!!

Glen

Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 PM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by adkg12
Sure...I do sometimes. I am currently using MLVHD & Mytune to view/edit tunes. The VE tables are actually starting to line up with continued riding and logging and of course making the changes suggested by MYtune, and then viewing those results in MLVHD. As the tune gets "tighter", SOP dyno feels like its not pulling as hard as before...could just be me overthinking it...

So what would be the benefit of switching the entire map to CL, (minus the idle area to manage heat) and ride around logging? In theory, isnt that kind of what auto tune is doing?

My prior tunes had much higher VE numbers, but I think this is because my CID was still at 110. During AT, I chose scale once...which of course increases the CID, and makes the VE numbers lower...as I understand it...

My ECO is better in the 55-65MPH area (38-45MPG) of course once I go above that, it goes downhill pretty fast..LOL Even though the AFR is 14.6

Anyway.. Here is what I have...
Sorry for all the pics...
Thanks
Glen
I didn't suggest changing your entire map to closed loop. I only suggested looking at your data in a different format. Glad its starting to work out for you.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:02 PM
oleboy
Road Master

Andy
Whatever - I was just making a suggestion to try and help. Seems he was having an issue getting your "easier to use MLV software" to work.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread