Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:24 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
thanks for ure great support... I guess logs will vary to if i drive aggressive or very conservative... Are best results obtained by not over reving the RPM.. i do like to shift at 4500rpm often.. if i roll off from a stop and lightly throttle vs a quicker take off till about 3500rpm and then shift - would these logs affect overall Basic tune performance ??? Is my theory true somewhat correct ? or it really doesnt matter how u ride when logging.. im very satisfied with the PV over the PCV... i just want a little better MPG compared to FM's map they sent with my setup..will test the new tune next week.. away at work...
How you ride, aggressive versus conservative, really won't change the logs that much. Best results are obtained by covering as many areas of the map as possible. Some of those areas would be considered aggressive, ie 4500 rpm and up. I normally don't ride in those ranges either but I do try to cover some of those areas while tuning. I normally take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear up to at least 5000 RPM. Smooth throttle roll-on and roll-off is important.

If you just twist it wide open, you will quickly exceed 80 kpa and up in the lower gears and collect very little usable tuning data. I would suggest covering higher RPM ranges but gradually increase the throttle to cover the ranges. Also ride some hills to help cover the higher MAP areas. Ride some highway speeds, do some passing accelerations.

Based on this question, I thought about the “routine” I have been using during the tuning runs to hit more cells in the VE tables. Some of those areas are difficult to reach during normal riding. Hitting more areas improves your tune because as the ECM is calculating fuel delivery and the other factors involved, it takes into account not only the “cell” it is in as determined by Throttle Position/ MAP and RPM but the surrounding cells. To say it another way, I believe the grid version we see is just a representation of the data in tables and calculations going on in the ECM. Surrounding cells, before, after, above and below are taken into account when calculating fuel, spark, etc. Suffice it to say, the more areas of the VE and spark tables you get adjusted to match your bike’s configuration – The Better.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:51 PM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Looks like they listened to your request. DynoJet posted a new features file on their website with the other downloadables. Not quite up to the current version yet but it is a start.

http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/do...Power%20Vision
Log tuner is up to 1.08 !

Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hornhonker
Log tuner is up to 1.08 !
Thanks, Hornhonker!
Don't you think it's time for them to include the Log Tuner software in the Power Vision Update Client? The 1.0.8 version is two weeks old, and we're just now finding out about it! I've ran the update client several times since then, never really thought about the Log Tuner not being included.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:25 PM
ambrose
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a manual for auto tunning because I'am no professional tunner and the base tune I'am using is ok but I would like to make it a little better, my bike is a 2008 Fxstc. I'am familar with the logging on my PV but have no idea about changing values and which ones to change?

Thank-you.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ambrose
Is there a manual for auto tunning because I'am no professional tunner and the base tune I'am using is ok but I would like to make it a little better, my bike is a 2008 Fxstc. I'am familar with the logging on my PV but have no idea about changing values and which ones to change?

Thank-you.
There is a lot of very good information in this thread. Also on post #778, I responded to a similar question by putting together a set of basic instructions. You can find that here
http://www.box.net/shared/i66qvn4xf1s2xp7fgy8v

Let's us know if you have questions. Tuning with wideband autotune is similar.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
There is a lot of very good information in this thread. Also on post #778, I responded to a similar question by putting together a set of basic instructions. You can find that here
http://www.box.net/shared/i66qvn4xf1s2xp7fgy8v

Let's us know if you have questions. Tuning with wideband autotune is similar.
+1.. very easy to follow with step by step procedure and screen captures.. thanks JD.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Harleyhiker
Novice

I haven't posted in a while because I am loving life, riding my Power Vision tuned Bike. Special thanks to Jamie (fuelmoto) and to Dynojet!

I did come across one of Jamie's post from a different area in the HDforum that I was excited about so I wanted to share it with everyone....

Apparently Dynojet will eventually be offering a a PV divorce option, allowing you to remarry the PV to another ECM (for a reasonable fee). That is very exciting news!

Here is a link to Jamie's post
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/8495025-post340.html

Last edited by Harleyhiker; 06-29-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Default New version of WinPV

Just noticed that a new version of WinPV is available.

The WinPV update client showed version going from 1.0.30 to 1.0.32. Internally WinPV went from 1.0.4.4 to 1.0.4.5.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM
turtle2
Cruiser
Default downloading 1.0.4.860

Any body having trouble downloading 1.0.4.860??
I get .... Insufficient disk space to download file!
I have deleted most excess files on PV device, but still can't
download the new firmware.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:47 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by turtle2
Any body having trouble downloading 1.0.4.860??
I get .... Insufficient disk space to download file!
I have deleted most excess files on PV device, but still can't
download the new firmware.
No issues downloading that version for me. Insufficient disk space sounds like an issue on your PC, not the Power Vision. Do you have any disk space open on the PC for the temporary download file? I don't think the PV would be full unless you have done a ton of datalogging.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread