Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ambrose
Noticed yesterday while riding with a buddy my speedo seemed to be a little off so when I opened up Winpv to look at my original stock tune under Gear and speedo calibration it says 2074 and the tune I have loaded it says 2179 , should I change it to the stock calibration?
If your error is roughly 5%, then yes, I'd enter 2074 back in as the Speedometer Calibration value.

-Dusty

Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 AM
ambrose
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank-you

Old 06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the Power Vision remove the throttle lag on the 2011 fly by wires?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:59 AM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can adjust throttle blade control all you like. Probably possible to make it so sensitive as to be undriveable.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by curlydee
Does the Power Vision remove the throttle lag on the 2011 fly by wires?
The Power Vision can be used to adjust the Throttle Blade control. You can adjust the settings to remove the lag if you like.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:03 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bp_shooter123
Is there anyone who has access to the changelogs showing what changes were made when software or firmware is updated?
I know the software writers make them. Is there any reason they do not feel a need to supply the list of changes?

A normal changelog contains lists of bug fixes, improvements and other minor and major changes.

Michael
Looks like they listened to your request. DynoJet posted a new features file on their website with the other downloadables. Not quite up to the current version yet but it is a start.

http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/do...Power%20Vision

Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Here is a start that I created quickly using some of Jamie's posts, my notes and adding information I learned from tuning. This is a first pass and will gladly take suggestions and corrections. Let me know if this is helpful. I tuned first with the stock O2 sensors and am now using the Autotune Wideband sensors. I can add that to the instructions later unless DynoJet comes out with a better manual first. Iclick, we can collaborate on this if you like. If this is helpful, I can take input and create a more comprehensive manual if needed.

http://www.box.net/shared/i66qvn4xf1s2xp7fgy8v
JD or Iclick ... what is differance if opening single or multiple logs when ask to open in Log Tuner ? I finally did some logs and following ure procedure JD....
would the multiple option of me opening 2-3 log files create a better avg when i click the CALC TUNE bar ?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Hornhonker and JustDennis

Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by papifun
JD or Iclick ... what is differance if opening single or multiple logs when ask to open in Log Tuner ? I finally did some logs and following ure procedure JD....
would the multiple option of me opening 2-3 log files create a better avg when i click the CALC TUNE bar ?
Multiple logs just provide more data. As a matter of fact, I used two logs this morning. Just be sure the multiple logs are captured using the same base map. Pull them both in to Log tuner and process as normal. I have used 2 log several times and they seem to work well.

I had a pretty big log from a ride Saturday afternoon while I was in the mountains. I didn't get a chance to create a new calibration from it yet and I created another log on the way to work this morning. They were from very different type rides but from the same base map, so I pulled them both in to cover more areas of the calibration. Hope that makes sense.

As a side note: I had been using PV Log Tuner 1.0.6 and just noticed that Dynojet had posted version 1.0.8 to their download website. I downloaded and started using it on this last calculations. I actually compared the output from 1.0.6 and 1.0.8 on the same calibrations, value files and logs and got same results. Just FYI.

Last edited by JustDennis; 06-27-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:24 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Multiple logs just provide more data. As a matter of fact, I used two logs this morning. Just be sure the multiple logs are captured using the same base map. Pull them both in to Log tuner and process as normal. I have used 2 log several times and they seem to work well.

I had a pretty big log from a ride Saturday afternoon while I was in the mountains. I didn't get a chance to create a new calibration from it yet and I created another log on the way to work this morning. They were from very different type rides but from the same base map, so I pulled them both in to cover more areas of the calibration. Hope that makes sense.

As a side note: I had been using PV Log Tuner 1.0.6 and just noticed that Dynojet had posted version 1.0.8 to their download website. I downloaded and started using it on this last calculations. I actually compared the output from 1.0.6 and 1.0.8 on the same calibrations, value files and logs and got same results. Just FYI.
thanks for ure great support... I guess logs will vary to if i drive aggressive or very conservative... Are best results obtained by not over reving the RPM.. i do like to shift at 4500rpm often.. if i roll off from a stop and lightly throttle vs a quicker take off till about 3500rpm and then shift - would these logs affect overall Basic tune performance ??? Is my theory true somewhat correct ? or it really doesnt matter how u ride when logging.. im very satisfied with the PV over the PCV... i just want a little better MPG compared to FM's map they sent with my setup..will test the new tune next week.. away at work...

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread