Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Auto Tune histogram data is stored every 30 seconds so you are ok either way you shut the bike down, if you use the main switch rather than the run switch the maximum amount of data that will be lost is only the last 30 secs of runtime

Many thanks for your responses. It is a Fuelmoto PV by the way.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:17 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
Dog,http://http://mastertune-net.secure3...Web-v2.1.1.exe

Install this, its free. Run the updater, install master tune 2 and that should give you the cal listings.
thanks that did it. i already had master tune 2 installed but did not get any cal listings until I ran the separate software updater app.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:00 PM
DDH
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick question (I hope). There has been a lot talk concerning the VE's in the decel area. Is this basically concerning fixing decel pop? Do the VE's matter when the throttle is closed? Okay two questions.

I have no decel pop just some gurgling.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:37 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Generally speaking to tune the decel, closed throttle, low MAP pressure areas we start by interpolating values from the cruise range/steady state area of the VE table. If we are experiencing decel popping, abrupness from on/off/on throttle transients we go in edits these VE cells. In most cases we start by richening the mixture. Also note depending on the calibration there may be quite a few things going on including decel fuel cutoff, decel enleanment, & closed throttle spark that will affect this area as well.

Many times a gurgling type of sound is a characteristic of a specific baffle design and may be normal, this type of sound is very common with the D&D 2/1's and other pipes of similar design.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Gordon61 (04-27-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Gentlemen... I removed the last few posts. There is no reason for bickering and it doesn't matter who is wrong or right.

Take a breath.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Generally speaking to tune the decel, closed throttle, low MAP pressure areas we start by interpolating values from the cruise range/steady state area of the VE table. If we are experiencing decel popping, abrupness from on/off/on throttle transients we go in edits these VE cells. In most cases we start by richening the mixture. Also note depending on the calibration there may be quite a few things going on including decel fuel cutoff, decel enleanment, & closed throttle spark that will affect this area as well.

Many times a gurgling type of sound is a characteristic of a specific baffle design and may be normal, this type of sound is very common with the D&D 2/1's and other pipes of similar design.
Question for ya. I am running one of your tunes that dk customs gave me and closed throttle spark is set to 25 across the board but it is turned off. Should it be turned off? Bike is a 2007 wide glide with stage 1. Thanks.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:55 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishonsc
Question for ya. I am running one of your tunes that dk customs gave me and closed throttle spark is set to 25 across the board but it is turned off. Should it be turned off? Bike is a 2007 wide glide with stage 1. Thanks.
I would have to see the specific calibration you are referring to however that is not uncommon. In your example if this is the case during closed throttle it would use the base spark tables as well as the decel fuel cutoff spark table (if active), all depends on what the combination wants.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I would have to see the specific calibration you are referring to however that is not uncommon. In your example if this is the case during closed throttle it would use the base spark tables as well as the decel fuel cutoff spark table (if active), all depends on what the combination wants.
Thanks. Sent you a email with the cal.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:16 AM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all...I was wondering how this log & tune looks in MLV? I have no real issues or problems. It pulls hard, it has just the right amount of decel rumble and popping (I like it), negligible knock (nothing audible), and heat is fine. Just a general curiosity...if I could fix any one thing, it would be a tiny bit better eco in the crusing ranges (65-75mph). Again, just a general curiosity...
Thanks all....as always, love reading this forum thread!
Glen

Attached Files
Old 03-24-2016, 08:43 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by adkg12
Hello all...I was wondering how this log & tune looks in MLV? I have no real issues or problems. It pulls hard, it has just the right amount of decel rumble and popping (I like it), negligible knock (nothing audible), and heat is fine. Just a general curiosity...if I could fix any one thing, it would be a tiny bit better eco in the crusing ranges (65-75mph). Again, just a general curiosity...
Thanks all....as always, love reading this forum thread!
Glen
It looks fairly tight. I need the o2 voltage front and rear added to the log to see a few more things.

PM me a real email address and I can send you a couple of screen shots

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread