Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:53 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

on that note, how has your tune ended up- you have it about where you want it now?

Old 03-09-2016, 02:04 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
on that note, how has your tune ended up- you have it about where you want it now?
Runs good. Hardly any decel pop, pulls well, mileage decent. I'll let it be until I get some motor work done.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:29 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

glad to hear it- happy riding! only thing I'm still "fiddle farting" with is some decel pops at 2800 rpm- couple of good cherry bombs on occasion and only when ET's are over 200f. this is something new that was introduced with TT and does it inside TT-AT mode or regular riding mode. No exhaust leaks, changed timing up and down, added fuel, played with closed throttle spark, (all the usual fixes) nothing really seems to cure it at present. Even had Roy at DJ revise the hidden code so the injectors remain turned on for decel events. only thing odd I see in my logs is that when the loud cracks happen, my WB O2 AFRs are reporting 16 up to 17 - otherwise they are around 12/13/14 on typical decel. I suspect that anomalous leaning condition is the cause. not a big deal though overall.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:04 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

glad to hear it- happy riding! only thing I'm still "fiddle farting" with is some decel pops at 2800 rpm- couple of good cherry bombs on occasion and only when ET's are over 200f. this is something new that was introduced with TT and does it inside TT-AT mode or regular riding mode. No exhaust leaks, changed timing up and down, added fuel, played with closed throttle spark, (all the usual fixes) nothing really seems to cure it at present. Even had Roy at DJ revise the hidden code so the injectors remain turned on for decel events. only thing odd I see in my logs is that when the loud cracks happen, my WB O2 AFRs are reporting 16 up to 17 - otherwise they are around 12/13/14 on typical decel. I suspect that anomalous leaning condition is the cause. not a big deal though overall.
Have you tried raising the ve about 5% in decel area? I get the occasional shift pop and very little on decel. If it gets worse I'll adjust CTS, and if still persist I will raise the ve in decel around 3k-1500 rpm or so in 20kpa. Some pipes it is very hard or literally impossible to eleinmate it. Goal being to minimize in those instances.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:09 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Have you tried raising the ve about 5% in decel area? I get the occasional shift pop and very little on decel. If it gets worse I'll adjust CTS, and if still persist I will raise the ve in decel around 3k-1500 rpm or so in 20kpa. Some pipes it is very hard or literally impossible to eleinmate it. Goal being to minimize in those instances.
yep- all the usual stuff. I've raised VE's a significant amount in the problem decel range and also tried decel timing settings at 33 all the way up to 45. Granted my open pipes are always going to crackle a bit but the cherry bombs are quite different and new. it's like two or three m80's going off.

before TT I had no problem getting it dialed in and never once had a cherry bomb type of event like this. I even looked back at my pre-TT tunes and the decel VE / afr / timing settings, and have tried everything the same in the TT tune. I still suspect that something is being introduced or changed with the WB operation through TT. Seeing 16 and 17.9's in the logs for decel 10 kpa right at the trouble area of 2800 is leading me to that conclusion.

Anyway gives me something to muck with and gives me an excuse to go ride for a bit- I'm sure it will get solved eventually.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Does the Power Vision change the ECM Calibration ID?

Old 03-09-2016, 09:39 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

yep- all the usual stuff. I've raised VE's a significant amount in the problem decel range and also tried decel timing settings at 33 all the way up to 45. Granted my open pipes are always going to crackle a bit but the cherry bombs are quite different and new. it's like two or three m80's going off.

before TT I had no problem getting it dialed in and never once had a cherry bomb type of event like this. I even looked back at my pre-TT tunes and the decel VE / afr / timing settings, and have tried everything the same in the TT tune. I still suspect that something is being introduced or changed with the WB operation through TT. Seeing 16 and 17.9's in the logs for decel 10 kpa right at the trouble area of 2800 is leading me to that conclusion.

Anyway gives me something to muck with and gives me an excuse to go ride for a bit- I'm sure it will get solved eventually.
Feel free to send your latest calibration to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and i will take a look, should not take much to get it squared away. Be sure to include a full explanation of all of your modifications and exactly what it is doing. Note the 17.9 AF you are seeing is the reported value during decel fuel cutoff when the injectors are shut off

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-09-2016, 09:40 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I would have to look at my stock pv tune. If your asking if the dealer can tell if it has been flashed, then if the stock cal was loaded back into the ecm then I would say no. I do know that the factory ecm changed the cal ID of the tune in the bike when you get a copy of the current tune you modified. Mine had a different VIN # and it changed to my VIN and added my bike specifics that wasnt in the base cal.

The following users liked this post:
Dr. Tiki (03-10-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 09:40 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
You can name the cal id to your preference in the WinPv software

The following users liked this post:
Dr. Tiki (03-10-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You can name the cal id to your preference in the WinPv software
Thanks Jamie and Slyedog. After 128K miles on my bike, I am buying a new one and wanted to protect myself as much as possible for future possible warranty issues. After research and talks with quite a few people, the Calibration ID on the ECU kept popping up over and over again as a reason that the warranty would be voided.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread