Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 01:55 PM
tanglefootrgu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2011 FLTRU that I just installed Andrews 48H cams. Also running Vance & Hines 2 - 1 -2 header, Rinehart exhaust. When I look in dynojets tune files for 2011 Touring, no tune files with cams. I searched the 12T maps and find one listing the SE 255 cams, will this work giving me a starting point to run auto tune?

TIA

dave

Old 01-23-2016, 04:24 PM
kidsid99
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tanglefootrgu
I have a 2011 FLTRU that I just installed Andrews 48H cams. Also running Vance & Hines 2 - 1 -2 header, Rinehart exhaust. When I look in dynojets tune files for 2011 Touring, no tune files with cams. I searched the 12T maps and find one listing the SE 255 cams, will this work giving me a starting point to run auto tune?

TIA

dave
I have 1 for 48 cams VH power duals and SE heavy breather if you want to try LMK.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:51 PM
tanglefootrgu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kids,

I will pm you my email. Would really appreciate the tune!

dave

Old 01-25-2016, 04:56 PM
CaptRat
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read this entire thread and feel that's an accomplishment in itself. But beyond that, what a wealth of information! Thanks to all you guys for the treasure trove of info that made it so easy to get up and running with my PV and TT.

My ride is a '16 CVO RGU, Jackpot 2-1-2 and 4" Dyno slipons, stock AC, ported and polished heads, stock cam.

I loaded up the tune from FM and, honestly, the bike ran great. I did my first autotune run and the delta on most cells was 5% or less. I did the second run off of the first autotune and had some cells in the 25-30Kpa, that showed a lot of leaning (12-15%.) Having just read about that from other posts here, I reset all the VEs 30Kpa and below back to what they were in the original FM tune and set min KPA to 30 in the settings on the PV.

I just got back from my third autotune with most cells at 1-2%. A lot of the cells in the heart of the table (that I know I had enough hits) didn't change at all. The only deltas that show more than 2% are a couple of low rpm cells that I probably missed before and some at 95Kpa from 1750-4500 rpm. The bike is running awesome with no decel pop, lots of pull and no soft spots, so I think I'm done.

So all in all, three runs and it's pretty much dialed in. The FM tune was really close to start with, so kudos to them.

I'll run a log on the tune, but as I'm running TargetTune, I'm thinking of smoothing out those VE cells at 95Kpa that the autotune leaned out.

I don't know what kind of mileage I'm getting yet, although it looks like it's going to be about 38-39 mpg. Before the mods it was at 41-42 mpg. Right now the lambdas in the cruise range are .966. Is it worth building an economy map for trips with the cruise range lambdas just a bit leaner, say .98 from 40-70Kpa and 1750-3000 rpm?

Old 01-25-2016, 05:05 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If you post up a log, we can take a peak an tell you right where you spend most of your riding. Most of that area can typically be leaned out for better mileage.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:42 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

CaptRat- Nice to hear the good results. From what I've been told by DynoJet on the TT module, you no longer need to manually mess with VE's. Set your target AFR map to the values you'd prefer- leaner AFR ratios in your preferred cruise area, richer AFR in the decel area, richer in the WOT and heavier throttle areas, etc.

The new TT auto tune is supposed to fine tune VE's to meet your target AFR map just as they are presently set to your preferences. And then normal operation basically maintains VEs to hit the AFR table targets in real time. To go richer or leaner in areas as needed then just edit the AFR table, TT takes care of VE adjustments while you ride.

That is how they explained the new operation to me. Wanted to pass on that info if it helps. I'm sure Jamie can throw in some better explanation as well.

I'm still waiting to get my wide band o2 bungs welded on pipe to get TT going- had to wrap up a new larger rear pulley project first.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:28 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

With TT, you still need to fine tune the VEs. TT does a fairly good job of adjusting the VEs when in tuning mode (I forget what they call the tuning sequence) It takes about 3 tuning sessions to vet the VEs dialed in. From there the TT does the fine tuning as conditions change during normal operation.

Andy

Old 01-25-2016, 09:56 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
That made me think- with the new TT and WB VE tuning, wondering if same rule should be followed for preventing changes to 30kpa and below.

LA_DOG: I think 'yes' from what Jamie told me last week.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:00 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recent Log

Hey Andy: attached is a recent log for your, or anyone's, comments.
All comments, opinions, suggestions appreciated.
Allen

Attached Files
File Type: csv
log.05.tuneV28.csv (2.09 MB, 67 views)
Old 01-25-2016, 10:17 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

I looked at your data. You have some detonation issues. Your IATs are a bit concerning.

Fueling looks great.

Andy

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread