Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 10:55 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

It is almost impossible to get your head around tuning by looking at CSV files in table format. Engine tuning is all about averages.

It is a little like comparing looking at a red rock with a flashlight compared to watching a sunset at the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Andy

Last edited by whittlebeast; 12-11-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:40 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Is there any drawback, aside from the slight projection into the exhaust stream, that I can't install both the NB and WB O2's ? I screwed around and didn't get my TT modified map request in to FM until today. I've got the weekend to put the pipes and AC on, I'm thinking I could just hold off on installing the TargetTune and make some basic Autotune runs against one of the maps available for download. I really don't want to try to put the WB's on with the pipe in place....

Old 12-12-2015, 03:32 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Other then protrusion into the exhaust stream there aren't any downside to install both WB and NB O2's.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:18 PM
sel53
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

A question for you knowledgeable guys ...

I am thinking the PV Autotune tunes the fuel / AFR tables, based on the VE tables used in the baseline tune (and the o2 measurements etc). Is this correct?

If not, what information would be used to update volumetric efficiency tables?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 12-14-2015, 06:14 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Really it tunes the VE tables based on what it reads in the exhaust. The AFR table is just the AFR that the system is targeting.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:43 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by sel53
A question for you knowledgeable guys ...

I am thinking the PV Autotune tunes the fuel / AFR tables, based on the VE tables used in the baseline tune (and the o2 measurements etc). Is this correct?

If not, what information would be used to update volumetric efficiency tables?

Thanks,
Steve
It's actually the opposite. The ECM uses the Lambda/AFR table as a reference point, however VE represents the airflow model. Both closed loop and the PV Auto Tune application look at the AF target, look at the actual mixture, and then calculate the VE delta necessary to achieve this target. Corrections are then applied to the VE tables

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-14-2015, 10:31 PM
sel53
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Whittlebeast and Jamie for the clarification. Makes sense.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:21 PM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Jamie (or any other knowledgeable person),

I'm currently using the PV-2 with the Fuel Moto Pro Billet Air Cleaner. I really like the combination, but am tired of getting the hot foot on the right side. I'm looking to purchase the Fuel Moto Jackpot 2/1/2 headpipe to get rid of the cat and continue using the stock muffler.

If I proceed, do I use the same tune that I currently use? Or do I need to use a different tune?

Thanks!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Fuel Moto will Email you a new tune to use as a starting point. Do a few Auto tunes to dial it in and you should be good. Along with any tech support you may need. That's what makes them so good to deal with.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Scooterbear
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completed installation of the "Target Tune" yesterday along with a top end rebuild and modifications.

Map supplied by Fuel Moto was spot on for the new build. Will wait until break in is complete before auto tuning.

I've had PV for about a year. My advice is to be careful in adjusting ignition to reduce pinging, when in reality it's a mechanical issue causing the problem. (i.e. carbon build up). A cheap video scope from Walmart can be your best tool for trouble shooting.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread