Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 07:26 AM
jimfount00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Olsen185
There have been a few times when I got the message about maxing out the VE at 127.5. The first few times I got the message I hit the "cap" option, but the last two times I chose "scale". My engine displacement is now listed as "143.9". Does that indicate that there is an issue, like a restrictive air filter or something?
Check for the plug that covers the vacuum line above the intake. Mine was missing and it scaled my bike to a 132.3 cubic inch. That is too high and is messing up the A/F, etc. Jamie at Fuel Moto helped me out and we have it back to normal and running great! Auto tune was making mine run lean however so I just ordered target tune. Hope that is even better.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:55 AM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adkg12
Well here is the log...Its got some logged ping, but I am not audibly hearing any...
Glen
Just wanted to touch base and see for sure you seen my post whittlebeast. Not trying to pester as I value your time tremendously, but rather my post was kinda small, and could easily have been overlooked. This log should be well over an hour. Although I see that the CLI and AFF are 100 solid, I hope there can still be some recommendations. I like to see where I made poor guesses and how to improve the process.. LOL
Thanks to anyone that chimes in!
Glen

Old 12-01-2015, 10:11 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,100 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Well here is the log...Its got some logged ping, but I am not audibly hearing any...
Glen
Anything over 2 degrees I can hear and feel, the most I've seen on my bike was 5-6 degrees of pull in the 50kpa@2500rmp area.

I noticed that you are running 44-49 degrees advanced where you're having a lot of your issues as well as 29 advanced in the 90-100 kpa areas.

If I had timing set like that on my bike it would ping like that too.

Just to compare my timing is set at no higher than 41 degrees advance in the mid/low kpa areas above 3000rpm and the highest setting in the 95-100 kpa area is 21 advanced.

Hopefully whittlebeast or someone else knowledgeable will chime in with some insight.

Last edited by JustDave13; 12-01-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:37 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Just wanted to touch base and see for sure you seen my post whittlebeast. Not trying to pester as I value your time tremendously, but rather my post was kinda small, and could easily have been overlooked. This log should be well over an hour. Although I see that the CLI and AFF are 100 solid, I hope there can still be some recommendations. I like to see where I made poor guesses and how to improve the process.. LOL
Thanks to anyone that chimes in!
Glen
You have a few knock events which for the most part are fairly insignificant, however I noticed you are running an open loop map. Please post your PV calibration and we can take a look at things.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,100 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You have a few knock events which for the most part are fairly insignificant, however I noticed you are running an open loop map. Please post your PV calibration and we can take a look at things.
Haha, I was looking at knock counts...

I'll shut up now and continue to read.

Last edited by JustDave13; 12-01-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:56 AM
adkg12
Cruiser

Is there a reason I shouldnt run open loop once my VE's dialed in?

Here is the tune associated with that log.

thanks...
Glen

PS, I am always open to edits and advice...! I want hard strong pull down low-to-mid, managed heat down low for traffic, and decent full eco (35-40) on open highway..LOL Not asking for much am I? LOL
One more edit...

2007 Screaming Eagle Road King 110ci
Stock engine.
Stock A/C but its supposed to be a larger
Vance and Hines Slash Cut round Slipons
Fulsac True Deals Conversion

Thanks
Glen

Attached Files
File Type: zip
adkg12_01.OL.zip (14.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by adkg12; 12-01-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:41 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Looking at your calibration there are a few things standing out, the first thing being the timing tables have what I would normally consider WAY too much advance, especially in the light load areas. There is 28 degrees at idle and as much as 50 degrees in the upper RPM low Kpa region, this is a ton of timing, especially considering a SE 110 motor has 210 or more for CCP. The AFR table is also changed to be open loop, however the targets are not changed significantly, this change richened the mixture (very slightly, and ussuming VE was correct) however you removed adaptive fuel correction from the equation. For some reason there were are few rogue 14.6 closed loop cells up in the 100% TP column.

Here are some screenshots of the tables

Timing Table

AFR Table

I have revised these tables, renabled closed loop (assuming you are running O2 sensors) and made a few other adjustments to try.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
ADKG12-V1.zip (14.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 AM
adkg12
Cruiser

Looking at your calibration there are a few things standing out, the first thing being the timing tables have what I would normally consider WAY too much advance, especially in the light load areas. There is 28 degrees at idle and as much as 50 degrees in the upper RPM low Kpa region, this is a ton of timing, especially considering a SE 110 motor has 210 or more for CCP. The AFR table is also changed to be open loop, however the targets are not changed significantly, this change richened the mixture (very slightly, and ussuming VE was correct) however you removed adaptive fuel correction from the equation. For some reason there were are few rogue 14.6 closed loop cells up in the 100% TP column.

Here are some screenshots of the tables

Timing Table

AFR Table

I have revised these tables, renabled closed loop (assuming you are running O2 sensors) and made a few other adjustments to try.
Thank you for your advice and help. Bear in mind, I am new but learning, and one of the best ways to learn, is to ask questions...So what puzzles me, is at the bottom of the screen, when viewing the AFR table, it says that thing about for the most torque..blah blah...between 12.6 & 13.4 afr...but you just set all of mine to pretty much 14.6AFR. How does that equate to strong hard pulling torque at the bottom? And wouldnt that 14.6 make it run hot in traffic? I would guess you would richen it up by increasing the VE tables in those areas...but I am simply guessing. Why do so many people set the AFR to 13.9 across the board? Sorry for the questions that most probably already know, but there is SO much of this and that everywhere, its hard to really get a good and balanced understanding of what a person should really do...I digress, I look forward to running this tune this evening, if the weather holds out.. I am in central Ohio so.. you never know!!
Thanks
Glen

Old 12-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you for your advice and help. Bear in mind, I am new but learning, and one of the best ways to learn, is to ask questions...So what puzzles me, is at the bottom of the screen, when viewing the AFR table, it says that thing about for the most torque..blah blah...between 12.6 & 13.4 afr...but you just set all of mine to pretty much 14.6AFR. How does that equate to strong hard pulling torque at the bottom? And wouldnt that 14.6 make it run hot in traffic? I would guess you would richen it up by increasing the VE tables in those areas...but I am simply guessing. Why do so many people set the AFR to 13.9 across the board? Sorry for the questions that most probably already know, but there is SO much of this and that everywhere, its hard to really get a good and balanced understanding of what a person should really do...I digress, I look forward to running this tune this evening, if the weather holds out.. I am in central Ohio so.. you never know!!
Thanks
Glen

The area of the map that was set to 14.6 are in your cruising range. In those areas you are looking for fuel economy. As you accelerate the fuel is increased to a richer mixture for better performance.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:45 AM
adkg12
Cruiser

Quite literally I just now realized I have been reading the AFR tables wrong.. ! It suddenly makes total sense.! Accelerating hard from 2kRPM doesnt use 2k from the left and travel to the right! DUH...it could be 2k and 75-90map!! I feel smarter somehow LOL...Man I really hope the weather holds out...
Glen

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread