Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 11:03 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

There have been a few times when I got the message about maxing out the VE at 127.5. The first few times I got the message I hit the "cap" option, but the last two times I chose "scale". My engine displacement is now listed as "143.9". Does that indicate that there is an issue, like a restrictive air filter or something?

Old 11-29-2015, 11:41 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Okie, can't get out for a ride today, So here's one from last month sometime.
Hope I do this right.
Edit; My build is nothing fancy, Stock 96 c.i. SE stage 1 breather, K&N filter, S&S Power Tune Dual header, V&H 4" Classic Turn Down Mufflers that I made custom baffles for with 2.5" perforated stainless tubing and packing wrap from .... Uhh, I forget it's spagetti like not flat sheet of fiberglass.
I looked at the log and your new VE's and set VE's were the same. The AFF and CLI was flat lined on 100. The set lambda high was .962. Tune is not going into closed loop below .981 The O2's were working. Might want to make sure your bias is set right also. Lot of times they will be set to 700 need to be lower for the system to work. If you want to post your map can look at and make suggestions or send one to try.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:28 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Okie, can't get out for a ride today, So here's one from last month sometime.
Hope I do this right.
Edit; My build is nothing fancy, Stock 96 c.i. SE stage 1 breather, K&N filter, S&S Power Tune Dual header, V&H 4" Classic Turn Down Mufflers that I made custom baffles for with 2.5" perforated stainless tubing and packing wrap from .... Uhh, I forget it's spagetti like not flat sheet of fiberglass.
I went ahead and did you up a tune to try. It is zipped as you can't attach a pvt file on here. If you have a problem unzipping, we can send it in another format. If you load it be sure to reset the learned adaptive fuel when asked. If you want to run a long log or several short logs and attach and can dump into MLV and make needed adjustments. From what I see from looking at the log, you should get better off idle response, better low and normal cruise acceleration response and you will be able to run 6th down to 60MPH without issue. Still won't respond real well there but will be smooth. WOT will pick up also. Let us know how it works out. If you don't want to mess with it no problem.

Last edited by ke5rbd; 12-03-2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to turn ACR OFF
Old 11-30-2015, 07:26 AM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well here is the log...Its got some logged ping, but I am not audibly hearing any...
Glen

Attached Files
File Type: csv
log0000.csv (1.86 MB, 72 views)
Old 11-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Default PV Tune

Howdy ke5rbd,
Thanks for taking the time to post the tune, I wasn't expecting that. I had just wanted to see how a log compared to good tunes in MLV. I have the free trial version but don't know wth I'm doing/seeing yet. The small log size it caps doesn't tell me much.
However the tune you posted is for a 103ci and I have a 96ci. I forgot that I had turned off Adaptive and Closed loop once I was reasonably happy with it. I've attached the tune I'm using at the moment if you'd like to look at it and tweak it some. It took me a while to control Knock and Decel pop as neither DJ or FM had a starting tune for the S&S Power Tune Dual header when I started. So I mixed a combination of True Dual and 2-1-2 tunes to start with. Since this header isn't really either one. At first I thought the VE's were kinda low especially in the upper left quarter but AT always put them back there. Most of my smoothing / blending I kept within 2% change. And then richend up my AFR. Then worked the knock out of timing, Keeping a smooth flow. It/I get off the line pretty good and it pulls smooth all the way to 5500 even fully loaded with the wife and tour pak which is where I wanted/needed to. But if you think there's room for improvement I'd be happy to try it. And I'll be sure to post about it in the open forum.
Thanks, Smokey

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Fall 2015.zip (152 Bytes, 19 views)
Old 11-30-2015, 11:50 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Olsen185
There have been a few times when I got the message about maxing out the VE at 127.5. The first few times I got the message I hit the "cap" option, but the last two times I chose "scale". My engine displacement is now listed as "143.9". Does that indicate that there is an issue, like a restrictive air filter or something?
Your calibration is scaled excessively, please email me a copy of your scaled cal as well as one that you have capped to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I will take a look. Please include the year/model of your bike as well as all the mods you have done

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-30-2015, 11:59 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
I went ahead and did you up a tune to try. It is zipped as you can't attach a pvt file on here. If you have a problem unzipping, we can send it in another format. If you load it be sure to reset the learned adaptive fuel when asked. If you want to run a long log or several short logs and attach and can dump into MLV and make needed adjustments. From what I see from looking at the log, you should get better off idle response, better low and normal cruise acceleration response and you will be able to run 6th down to 60MPH without issue. Still won't respond real well there but will be smooth. WOT will pick up also. Let us know how it works out. If you don't want to mess with it no problem.
Before having him try this map I would fix the AF/Lambda table, there are cells in the 3000-3500 RPM area that are 1.014 Lambda which just a tick under 15.0 AF and outside closed loop range. This is dangerously lean and these are not normal values to be running.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:07 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Olsen185
I recently installed a FM 107 kit on my 15 Street Glide. FM didn't have any PCV tunes available for my application so I had to also purchase a Power Vision. Since the installation of the 107 kit I have done several Autotune sessions. I think the tune is pretty dialed in but I noticed today that the bike was recording some knock.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out and getting used to the new WinPV software. With the PCV it was very easy to see the changes made to the base tune after the Autotune sessions. Should I be removing timing to get rid of the knock or does the PV do that automatically?

I was going to send FM my latest Autotune file to compare it to the original but we are quickly running out of riding weather here in the northeast. Would anyone be willing to take a look at my files and give me some advise to get this bike dialed in? Also, in a previous email Jamie mentioned sending him some log files. On the PV do I have to choose what sensors to log or does it record all sensors?

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked and answered before, I'm trying to read my way through this thread, but it is very long.
Hello, on your 2015 bike the data recorded under the channels Front & Rear Spark Knock Retard are not individual knock events like earlier J1850 bike, the data in your logs is actual adaptive knock retard values that have be learned by the ECM. On a 107 build there is always going to be some retard activity in your logs, however it all comes down to working within what the system can maintain. You are welcome to email me the info to review including any logs and the latest map you are created with Auto Tune and I can review everything. The best way to setup the logs with your setup would be to go to the channel list and select Narrowband Logging, this will setup the channels automatically. I like to keep the logs around 20-30 minutes of mixed riding. You are very welcome to contact us for any assistance you need along the way.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Before having him try this map I would fix the AF/Lambda table, there are cells in the 3000-3500 RPM area that are 1.014 Lambda which just a tick under 15.0 AF and outside closed loop range. This is dangerously lean and these are not normal values to be running.
Thanks Jamie,
I thought so too, my leanest AFR is around 14.2 and not in very many cells. I probably would have kept it there anyways. But I'm always interested in squeezing a lil more get up and go outta it. I have FM's 107, Heads,Cams etc.,and TT on my wishlist lol. One of the reasons I got this header was having both size O2 bungs.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Hello, on your 2015 bike the data recorded under the channels Front & Rear Spark Knock Retard are not individual knock events like earlier J1850 bike, the data in your logs is actual adaptive knock retard values that have be learned by the ECM. On a 107 build there is always going to be some retard activity in your logs, however it all comes down to working within what the system can maintain. You are welcome to email me the info to review including any logs and the latest map you are created with Auto Tune and I can review everything. The best way to setup the logs with your setup would be to go to the channel list and select Narrowband Logging, this will setup the channels automatically. I like to keep the logs around 20-30 minutes of mixed riding. You are very welcome to contact us for any assistance you need along the way.
Jamie,
I sent you some logs over the weekend. I'll be in touch.

Thanks
Erik

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread