Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Tuning Process

Thanks for the input. I have some great, very lightly travelled roads with decent hills around me that fit the bill. I'm going to bring my Netbook along and do a series of 30 minute rides, and stop along the way to blend the maps. PV is a great tool and will be more convenient to use than the TTS, which is also top notch. I may even extend out to 80-90 kpa and reduce timing, depending on how this all goes.

TedMan

Originally Posted by JustDennis
TedMan

That is a very good process to cover more areas of the map. The tuning process for the PV and TTS is really the same. You cover as many areas of the map - combinations of RPM, load, etc as possible to make get the VEs as correct as possible. Nothing wrong with what you described - on a closed course of course

Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TedMan
Thanks for the input. I have some great, very lightly travelled roads with decent hills around me that fit the bill. I'm going to bring my Netbook along and do a series of 30 minute rides, and stop along the way to blend the maps. PV is a great tool and will be more convenient to use than the TTS, which is also top notch. I may even extend out to 80-90 kpa and reduce timing, depending on how this all goes.

TedMan
Good Deal. I also have the TTS and you are right, it is top notch. For me,the PV is much easier to use since you don't have to use a laptop for logging the data. I really like the interface of the PV and the ease of use. As DynoJet is adding these new features, the PV gets better and better. I have spoken with DynoJet several times and they are committed to continuing to improve the PV.

Let us know how the ride goes. The more you vary the RPM, TP, MAP and cover the different areas, the better the tune will be. Be safe.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone of the more experience PV users do a small write up on using PV with Basic AT using the stock 02 sensors... I cannot go with the Wide band O2 sensors since my power duals have only 12mm bungs on them.... A write up from what to select on for the Log table on the PV to transfering the log from the PV to using the PV Log tuner software so i can optimize the VE tables for best bike performance or is should this be left for the Wide Band 02 sensors... II do think we can do Basic Auto tuning with the narrow band O2 sensors (stock)... I completed my Stage 1 and exhaust upgrade and uploaded the Map from my PV from FM.... i seem to be using way more fuel than when my bike was stock.. i estimate im getting about 60 miles less to a tank... wanted to ask here on forum b4 bugging Jamie.

Last edited by papifun; 06-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

A more comprehensive manual is reportedly forthcoming from DJ, but I don't know when it will be released. Maybe it would be good for someone with experience with it to go ahead and do a write-up, and when I eventually get to tuning with the Pro I'll probably attempt a write-up on it, probably co-written with someone who knows more than I do.

Last edited by iclick; 06-22-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
A more comprehensive manual is reportedly forthcoming from DJ, but I don't know when it will be released. Maybe it would be good for someone with experience with it to go ahead and do a write-up, and when I eventually get to tuning with the Pro I'll probably attempt a write-up on it, probably co-written with someone who knows more than I do.
Iclick...can you walk through the steps for "correcting" the MPG calculations in the PV. After doing 1900 miles over 5 days last week (Laconia BikeWeek, NH, Canada, Me and VT), I've calculated that the PV is optimistic by about 10%.

How do I lower the formula in the PV for calculating both Instant and Avg MPG that are shown in the PV's gauges?

Thanks for the guidance.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:18 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
FYI,

Another firmware update, 854.

Got it, thanks!

Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Iclick...can you walk through the steps for "correcting" the MPG calculations in the PV. After doing 1900 miles over 5 days last week (Laconia BikeWeek, NH, Canada, Me and VT), I've calculated that the PV is optimistic by about 10%.

How do I lower the formula in the PV for calculating both Instant and Avg MPG that are shown in the PV's gauges?

Thanks for the guidance.
The MPG Correction on the PV can be accomplished by the following:
>Select Program Vehicle
>Press "Accept" at the bottom of the page
>Scroll to the file you wish to modify and press Select
>Select Pro
>Scroll to the MPG Correction

At this point you should have determined if you need to add or subtract from the base value displayed in the box (e.g. "1989"). If you believe your MPG is being optimistic by 10%, then subtract 10% of the base value which in this case is 198.9 rounded up to 199. So 1989 - 199 = 1790.

> Select "Clear" and then enter the digits so the box reads 1790, then select "Save"
>Next you'll be asked if you wish to set the MPG adjustment to 1790, select "Yes"
> Lastly, the PV will ask if you like to save the changes, select yes.

*You can also modify the MPG by going into WinPV and opening your tune file. Expand the Fuel folder under Tune Items and select MPG Adjustment. Determine the correction you wish to apply and enter the value in the box. Save the file and upload the tune to your PV.

-Dusty

Old 06-23-2011, 07:11 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
Can someone of the more experience PV users do a small write up on using PV with Basic AT using the stock 02 sensors... I cannot go with the Wide band O2 sensors since my power duals have only 12mm bungs on them.... A write up from what to select on for the Log table on the PV to transfering the log from the PV to using the PV Log tuner software so i can optimize the VE tables for best bike performance or is should this be left for the Wide Band 02 sensors... II do think we can do Basic Auto tuning with the narrow band O2 sensors (stock)... I completed my Stage 1 and exhaust upgrade and uploaded the Map from my PV from FM.... i seem to be using way more fuel than when my bike was stock.. i estimate im getting about 60 miles less to a tank... wanted to ask here on forum b4 bugging Jamie.
Here is a start that I created quickly using some of Jamie's posts, my notes and adding information I learned from tuning. This is a first pass and will gladly take suggestions and corrections. Let me know if this is helpful. I tuned first with the stock O2 sensors and am now using the Autotune Wideband sensors. I can add that to the instructions later unless DynoJet comes out with a better manual first. Iclick, we can collaborate on this if you like. If this is helpful, I can take input and create a more comprehensive manual if needed.

http://www.box.net/shared/i66qvn4xf1s2xp7fgy8v

Last edited by JustDennis; 06-23-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a start that I created quickly using some of Jamie's posts, my notes and adding information I learned from tuning. This is a first pass and will gladly take suggestions and corrections. Let me know if this is helpful. I tuned first with the stock O2 sensors and am now using the Autotune Wideband sensors. I can add that to the instructions later unless DynoJet comes out with a better manual first. Iclick, we can collaborate on this if you like. If this is helpful, I can take input and create a more comprehensive manual if needed.

A very good explanation I think. Good Job.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Very Nicely Done, Dennis!

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread