Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:59 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

IT IS CONFIRMED!!! it was all an ID10T error on my part :-)
Glad you found the problem, and everyone has a brain fart once in a while.

But if I were you I would take care of those exhaust leaks before I relied on any auto tune. After all, all the auto tune does is set the VE tables ...

Old 07-27-2015, 04:51 AM
goats
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IKnowNot
Glad you found the problem, and everyone has a brain fart once in a while.

But if I were you I would take care of those exhaust leaks before I relied on any auto tune. After all, all the auto tune does is set the VE tables ...

very true.
I never intended to actually use the new tune, just wanted to check out some things using the mode button that i am not very familiar with.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by goats
hey old hippie, no issues per say, just wanted to reacquaint myself so i can help locals and also cause i was curios about something.

Good to see you back out here. We could use your help.

PS ...note the little upgrade I did to my ride. Yahoo (I can see one of those in your future. )

Old 07-27-2015, 07:20 PM
jrat69
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took my bike to have it DYNO Tuned today, the first thing I was ask was what year, it's a 2012. He then said Power Vison can not tune 2009 to 2013 touring models. They use map based VE's which can not be tuned. He did a trial run just to see where I was at, and said I was extremely lean on front cylinder under 3500 rpm, and said the only real way to correctly tune it was to buy a PC 5, and eliminate the Power Vision. I did switch back to the map Fuel Moto had sent me, the bike is still lean, but no longer critical, runs like crap. Anyone know anyplace in south central Indiana that can tune a Power Vision?

Old 07-27-2015, 08:11 PM
goats
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Good to see you back out here. We could use your help.

PS ...note the little upgrade I did to my ride. Yahoo (I can see one of those in your future. )
i noticed that!! i bet thats fun as hell to ride now :-)

what is your mileage like now compared to before?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by CVORoadKing2013
For me it is PV related. Again removing the PV the issue never happens
I have provided several files and information to FM and they are going to contact DynoJet.

I went as far has routing the cable from under the seat along my leg up to the handle bars and it still happens.
I just installed my PV today, rode it about 50 miles, stopped for gas, got the "NO FOB" (bike would not start either) cycled power, it started rode home, messed with it, can't recreate it, "googled" it via HDF and landed here. Its the PV/tune not doubt. I received my tune from Fuel Moto today. (its stock improved) I will keep it, but if I get a no start condition again, its done.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:02 AM
goats
Road Captain
Default locked tune?

i made some quick tune changes, made copy of current, opened in winpv, did what i wanted to do and saved/renamed.... now it is locked?

why and how can i change that?

Last edited by goats; 07-28-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:04 AM
goats
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jammerx
I just installed my PV today, rode it about 50 miles, stopped for gas, got the "NO FOB" (bike would not start either) cycled power, it started rode home, messed with it, can't recreate it, "googled" it via HDF and landed here. Its the PV/tune not doubt. I received my tune from Fuel Moto today. (its stock improved) I will keep it, but if I get a no start condition again, its done.

next time that happens try wiggling your keys.
the battery in the key fob MAY be getting a little weak.

shouldnt have anything to do with a tune.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:39 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrat69
I took my bike to have it DYNO Tuned today, the first thing I was ask was what year, it's a 2012. He then said Power Vison can not tune 2009 to 2013 touring models. They use map based VE's which can not be tuned. He did a trial run just to see where I was at, and said I was extremely lean on front cylinder under 3500 rpm, and said the only real way to correctly tune it was to buy a PC 5, and eliminate the Power Vision. I did switch back to the map Fuel Moto had sent me, the bike is still lean, but no longer critical, runs like crap. Anyone know anyplace in south central Indiana that can tune a Power Vision?
Nonsense!
Go to the Power Vision site or call Dynojet and find a tuner that has been through the DJ course to become a Power Vision tuning Center.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:50 AM
jrat69
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Dyno guy did suggest I set my AFR to 14, and set all the VE tables to 100, and then try a auto tune and see what happens. Any thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread