Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4
It's set correctly. Jamie gave gave me a few things to try over the weekend so I'll see how that goes.
I had a similar problem... My issue turned out to be a loose cable between the AT module and the PV... which I don't think you have! But the point is this.... I eventually figured it out by looking at the logs in Excel. I finally noticed a column that had nothing in it, when I should have been seeing data. That pointed me in the right direction.

So, my suggestion is that you look at your log files and make sure that there is data in each column like you expect. If any of the columns of the required parameters are blank, log tuner will not calculate any changes in the VE tables.

Good luck!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:26 PM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lambda 1 & 2

Do these relate to the WB sensors in the F & R pipes? If so is Lambda 1 the front if the AT1 is connected to the front cyl WB O2 sensor and Lambda 2 the rear cyl when AT2 is connected to the rear cyl WB sensor?

I am not getting a reading on Lambda 2. Guess I need to check my wiring from the rear WB O2 sensor to the AT2 unless it is because the 72" cable to the PV from the AT only has 2 wires. It was working when I had it installed on my 2002 Ultra with a PC-V.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser

Originally Posted by captdave221
Do these relate to the WB sensors in the F & R pipes? If so is Lambda 1 the front if the AT1 is connected to the front cyl WB O2 sensor and Lambda 2 the rear cyl when AT2 is connected to the rear cyl WB sensor?

I am not getting a reading on Lambda 2. Guess I need to check my wiring from the rear WB O2 sensor to the AT2 unless it is because the 72" cable to the PV from the AT only has 2 wires. It was working when I had it installed on my 2002 Ultra with a PC-V.
Capt Dave... This is the same problem I was just referring to! In my case, it was the 2-wire, 72 in cable that wasn't firmly plugged into the PV. But, I wasn't getting any data for Lambda for EITHER sensor... So, I think in your case, I'd look at the wiring at the AT module for the sensor that's not registering.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aclundwall
I had a similar problem... My issue turned out to be a loose cable between the AT module and the PV... which I don't think you have! But the point is this.... I eventually figured it out by looking at the logs in Excel. I finally noticed a column that had nothing in it, when I should have been seeing data. That pointed me in the right direction.

So, my suggestion is that you look at your log files and make sure that there is data in each column like you expect. If any of the columns of the required parameters are blank, log tuner will not calculate any changes in the VE tables.

Good luck!
I looked over the log file in excel, all the fields are populated. That's screwy thing.
The only thing I see different from when it was working looking back in my log files is the New VE for front and rear are in different positions in the table. All the data fields appear to be the same at a glance, just organized differently.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

Update: I decided to do a sample log run. I started up the logging function and started riding. Again, about 5-10 minutes into the ride, all six signals on my gauge display disappeared and it just showed the signals titles but the values are no longer updating and are blank. I stopped the logging, shut down the bike, then started bike and began logging again. This time, it did the same thing, but now the screen frooze and I couldn't exit or even stop recording. The only way I could get back to the main menu was to shut the bike off again. Jamie, are you there. What could be going on? Do I have a defective unit? Input from the rest of the forum also welcomed and appreciated.

TedMan

Originally Posted by TedMan
Hi all,

Question about gauges. I am preparing to do my first data log runs this weekend. I have the PV wired, selected the signals to record, and chose a gauge template to view with key signals. Rode in to work today and decided to view the gauges. Got the gauges up and running, but didn't select "Start Log". After about 10 minutes, the gauges disappeared and the PV reverted to the main Data Log menu. I would like to just view the gauges without data logging every time. Is this possible, or do I just log. Would be nice to keep track during all day rides and longer trips. Thanks for any advice.

TedMan

Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: I decided to do a sample log run. I started up the logging function and started riding. Again, about 5-10 minutes into the ride, all six signals on my gauge display disappeared and it just showed the signals titles but the values are no longer updating and are blank. I stopped the logging, shut down the bike, then started bike and began logging again. This time, it did the same thing, but now the screen frooze and I couldn't exit or even stop recording. The only way I could get back to the main menu was to shut the bike off again. Jamie, are you there. What could be going on? Do I have a defective unit? Input from the rest of the forum also welcomed and appreciated.

TedMan
For me the only thing that comes to mind is to make sure the comm cable going to the PV is away from any wires that could cause noise, like the spark plug wires.

I have not had any lockups.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:39 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks, I'll double check my routing. Connections all seem fine. Will keep everyone updated.

TedMan

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
For me the only thing that comes to mind is to make sure the comm cable going to the PV is away from any wires that could cause noise, like the spark plug wires.

I have not had any lockups.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Pass
Advanced

Well... My rebuilt timing caused tons of ping in the afternoon. None hit the logs due to the settings for Adaptive Knock Retard... but I heard it loud and clear. So I stopped and reflashed the bike to the tune that I have been running and ran a solid 10mb log of about 60+ mi of mostly back roads. No VE changes substantial enough to cause a change to the tune... So I'm guessing VE is where it needs to be.... or I'm in FX4s boat lol.

After I got home I did the "copy of current" thing and it worked... I now see the new fields. I pulled it and based another tune from it where I upped the timing a bit especially in the fields that were drastically different from my rebuilt timing map. We'll see how this goes. I also turned EITMS back on as the bike hit 350+deg today sitting in traffic after I got off the back roads. I could NOT manually turn it on. Well... I think I could, but the temp setting for EITMS to kick on was like 310C (Pretty sure the motor would kill itself long before that temp lol). So I checked stock and the stock is set to 140C. I upped this to 148C (300F)...

Question!!!! Will EITMS screw up the results from a tune logging run if it kicks on???

Also: Should we tinker with the Adaptive Knock Retard settings... i.e. adjusting it's sensitivity? What would be recommended settings?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 PM
harleycat225
Cruiser

TedMan
Mine did the same thing. I figured out it was the cable. I ty-rapped it to the spark plug wire to keep it out of the way and it was picking up interference from that. Ran the cord under the tank wire console and al is now good.............

Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Takedown
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been debating on getting the PV for my bike but I have a couple of questions. Is using the PV easy to learn? Also, I do not have the O2 sensors on my exhaust so would I still benefit from owning the PV and be able to tune my bike somewhat? (I believe the tune currently on the bike is close but I am getting some ping when I roll on throttle hard).

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread