Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 01:41 AM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

i read its normal but thought id ask, why when you run auto tune the bike runs very poor(running AUTO TUNE BASIC), theres not much power, and i get alot of backfire (is this normal) when i finish auto tune i run a code check, i notice that both o2 sensors have codes of rich , i dont think ive read of people auto tuning and setting these codes that would probably be why it would be backfiring ?

when i load the auto tune i also clear the o2 codes, the bike runs great with the auto tune loaded and no backfiring at all, im just worried about the rich o2 sensor codes (so far it only happens when im tuning)

Last edited by gant; 06-19-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 AM
rubberheels
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Auto Tune Basic

I need some sort of checklist on how to run a auto Tune. I copied one last year but lost it . I got it from this site but now I can't find it HELP!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:58 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberheels
I need some sort of checklist on how to run a auto Tune. I copied one last year but lost it . I got it from this site but now I can't find it HELP!
JustDennis originally posted this a while back.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberheels
Here are some instructional videos from dynojet
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...on-videos.aspx

Old 06-19-2015, 03:39 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gant
i read its normal but thought id ask, why when you run auto tune the bike runs very poor(running AUTO TUNE BASIC), theres not much power, and i get alot of backfire (is this normal) when i finish auto tune i run a code check, i notice that both o2 sensors have codes of rich , i dont think ive read of people auto tuning and setting these codes that would probably be why it would be backfiring ?

when i load the auto tune i also clear the o2 codes, the bike runs great with the auto tune loaded and no backfiring at all, im just worried about the rich o2 sensor codes (so far it only happens when im tuning)
Getting codes and running with a lot of back fires isn't normal. Run Autotune a few times iteratively, save each tune and compare with the next one, and you should get to all cells you're hitting getting to within 5% of the previous.

Once you've done this hopefully your rich 02 sensors codes go away. If not it's time to start a bit of troubleshooting. Where did you get the base tune you are starting with? You should also understand that the bike won't run perfect when doing ATs, simply because AT Basic sets all cells to 14.6 (because that's where stock sensors work the best) and then retards your timing by 4 degrees (for safety purposes) so as to not hurt the engine.

I see you've been doing some mods to your bike, so you'll need a base map that should take your mods into account.

Last edited by oldhippie; 06-19-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:20 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

This is DURING the auto tune process is where I'm backfiring I read that the bike does run pretty bad while In auto tune I email Jaimie and told him DURING autotunr I get back fire and he said it's normal because of just the things you stated retard timing etc

After I finish my auto tune run and load it in everything is fine and no backfire or codes . I'm just worried that during Autotune I get codes. Jaimie told me autotuning could cause history codes

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Getting codes and running with a lot of back fires isn't normal. Run Autotune a few times iteratively, save each tune and compare with the next one, and you should get to all cells you're hitting getting to within 5% of the previous.

Once you've done this hopefully your rich 02 sensors codes go away. If not it's time to start a big of troubleshooting. Where did you get the base tune you are starting with? You should also understand that the bike won't run perfect when doing ATs, simply because AT Basic sets all cells to 14.6 (because that's where stock sensors work the best) and then retards your timing by 4 degrees (for safety purposes) so as to not hurt the engine.

I see you've been doing some mods to your bike, so you'll need a base map that should take your mods into account.

Last edited by gant; 06-19-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:18 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gant
This is DURING the auto tune process is where I'm backfiring I read that the bike does run pretty bad while In auto tune I email Jaimie and told him DURING autotunr I get back fire and he said it's normal because of just the things you stated retard timing etc

After I finish my auto tune run and load it in everything is fine and no backfire or codes . I'm just worried that during Autotune I get codes. Jaimie told me autotuning could cause history codes
Well, if Jaime says so, then it's true. He knows your build and he knows your base map, and has Mega experience. It didn't happen for me and I've not heard it happening much on most bikes, but you've got mods in there that may bring you outside the typical stage 1 ATs that most people do.

what kind of 2-into-1 pipe is that?

Last edited by oldhippie; 06-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:49 AM
topfun
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast thoughts has popping

Need your advise when my bike sometime has popping when get fast thought. Thanks for any input.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:47 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by topfun
Need your advise when my bike sometime has popping when get fast thought. Thanks for any input.
Could you clarify " sometime has popping when get fast" so forum members can address your issue? Do you mean you get popping at higher RPM? Is this during acceleration or deceleration? Is this during autotune? What kind of mods do your have? Have you flashed your custom map based on your mods?

It would just help understand the issues you are having with your bike.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey guys, I noticed something strange today while I had the PV connected and was just monitoring my spark advance while riding. I have my advance set to 20 at idle. When CHT reaches around 270 while sitting in traffic, the ECU increases the idle advance to 28. That's +8 advance. I have never noticed this behavior before and it's not part of any cooling strategy I've ever heard of since more timing would tend to increase temp, not decrease. I have EITMS disabled and idle spark control turned off as well. Does anyone know a reason for this?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread