Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 08:18 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Steve not sure if you're aware but LogTuner is no longer available or applicable to the PV2- sure, you can download LogTuner from FM website but it won't load the PV2 logs or pvv export- there is the "file fixer" exe from one of our members here that will fix the PV2 logs and pvv export so it will actually load in LogTuner, but, it will not do any differential or suggestion calculations. e.g. it is worthless to anyone with a PV2.

That is unfortunate as I think LogTuner would still be a valuable tuning tool- But DJ does not really seem to offer much help or care at all with anything PV2-related. Seems like their sole any only focus now is on the Dynojet equipment stuff. Maybe FM will do something to get it to actually work again. Would require some simple code changes to the application that's about it.
I did not know that.

Geezum, that's a bummer. Thanks for giving me the heads up on that. I didn't realize everything changed that much with PV2.

Steve

Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

AFAIK the PV-1 PV-2 are the same, Only difference is the cable for Rushmore Can-Bus wiring. Of course, Rushmore Spark Knock Detection/Retard/Data is different and may not be of any use in Log Tuner. I never used the app/program someone wrote to edit .pvv files, Just edit them in Notepad and LT works fine.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:39 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
AFAIK the PV-1 PV-2 are the same, Only difference is the cable for Rushmore Can-Bus wiring. Of course, Rushmore Spark Knock Detection/Retard/Data is different and may not be of any use in Log Tuner. I never used the app/program someone wrote to edit .pvv files, Just edit them in Notepad and LT works fine.
Yep i tried both methods with editing the pvv files - they will load in LT ok but it still will not give the suggested calculations. it may have something to do with the names of the logged signals being different in PV2 vs PV1. I do know the table names changed in PV2 which is why the "fix" is needed on the pvv files to get them to load in LT.

The next best alternative would appear to be MegaLogViewer HD from EFI Analytics. it does load the PV2 log files just fine and you can set up multiple graphing display options, play back the log in a visual format, etc. for example I can have the graph display RPM vs MAP vs Spark Knock R and it will show me exactly where the events occur. there is apparently a way to use the scatter plot function to see lean areas but I'm still messing with it. FWIW

Old 05-15-2015, 08:10 PM
mupepe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question. My Econ. Inst (mpg) is way off. My mpg based on actually usage seems right, but the instant fuel economy is always way too high like between 60-100 mpg even at steady constant cruising. Any ideas why?

2014 Road King

Old 05-15-2015, 09:15 PM
tstroud
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Yep i tried both methods with editing the pvv files - they will load in LT ok but it still will not give the suggested calculations. it may have something to do with the names of the logged signals being different in PV2 vs PV1. I do know the table names changed in PV2 which is why the "fix" is needed on the pvv files to get them to load in LT. The next best alternative would appear to be MegaLogViewer HD from EFI Analytics. it does load the PV2 log files just fine and you can set up multiple graphing display options, play back the log in a visual format, etc. for example I can have the graph display RPM vs MAP vs Spark Knock R and it will show me exactly where the events occur. there is apparently a way to use the scatter plot function to see lean areas but I'm still messing with it. FWIW
Are you sure you are logging all the proper data channels it needs to do the calculations? It worked the last time I tried it.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:24 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mupepe
Quick question. My Econ. Inst (mpg) is way off. My mpg based on actually usage seems right, but the instant fuel economy is always way too high like between 60-100 mpg even at steady constant cruising. Any ideas why?

2014 Road King
I have same issue with my 14 Limited and turned it in to Dyna Jet about a year ago. I never did hear back from them. I did read somewhere they weren't pursuing a fix for it. I use my trip A and just reset it when I want to see what mileage I am getting at certain speed.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:06 AM
mupepe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
I have same issue with my 14 Limited and turned it in to Dyna Jet about a year ago. I never did hear back from them. I did read somewhere they weren't pursuing a fix for it. I use my trip A and just reset it when I want to see what mileage I am getting at certain speed.
At least its not just me. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:00 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by tstroud
Are you sure you are logging all the proper data channels it needs to do the calculations? It worked the last time I tried it.
Yes- verified all of the channels are set up correctly, and reviewed the channel log data in excel. does yours actually give you calculations on the lower part of log tuner? mine are always zeros.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:58 PM
tstroud
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't used it in a while.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:51 AM
fdnm505
Stage I
Default Power Vision

I just installed a PV on my 07 RK. You have been a little braver than me changing data... I have only run the auto tune 3 times on the custom tune from fuel moto. Already seen a huge difference in performance. Pulls hard through the low end and steady through the gears. Love it so far. Haven't checked the milage yet, not much different.

2007 Road King Classic
True Dual Rinehart
SE Breather
SE 255 Cams

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread