Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 02:27 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Interesting- I loaded a few of the canned tune files from PV's recent database into WinPV and ran Compares between the files. the tech's were not kidding. The files are EXACTLY the same on all parameters and settings. The only thing different between these canned tune files is the name of the file.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:40 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been two seasons i haven't used my PV, i replaced my slip ons from V&H Ovals to V&H 4.5 hi Output Monster Rounds. I just updated all software for my PV. Can i have a quick refresher on correct way to run Data log and then view the log so I can send to FM for help. I think i got some knocking going on. What file do i need to send FM ? No one in my area still doesn't use the PV but only the SEPRT which i had and didn't like it.. not as user friendly..Is there a current link i can go to with detail instructions ? I want to make a economy tune and a power tune... Can i do this with just adjusting AFR or do i need to adjust VE tables too.. If i try to run with Basic Autotune , the bike runs like crap. feedback would be great. Yes i bough my PV from FM 4 years ago.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Papifun, plug in PV to bike turn on Ign, hit Data Log, You can enable "Guages" individually, or go to Datalog Settings, Signals, Auto (narrowband) or Auto (wideband) if you have that. It will automatically set up all the guages for logging data, in Format I use simple CSV any spreadsheet can open them and you can send that type file as a email attachment to FM. (Edit, After logging data plug PV into your computer and use WinPV to "Get Log" and save it to your Log file folder.)
Don't mess with the VE's use AFR to lean/richen tune. with your build It probably would run rough in autotune with 14.6 AFR across the board and minus 4deg. timing advance. Definately let FM assist.

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 04-11-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Question- Did some test riding today and ran a datalogging session, set signals to 'auto' 'narrowband tuning' mode- the created log file was exported and saved with a "pvv" file extension by WinPV when I used it to "get log" from the PV-2. What am I supposed to do with this pvv file- nothing will open it, not WinPV, cannot be displayed on the PV-2 screen. Tried renaming to csv and opening in Excel, the data is all garbled programming language.

No info on PV's website. What's the deal with these log files?

Last edited by LA_Dog; 04-11-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

Use the Format function next to the settings function and enable Simple CSV. Comma ,Seperated, Value. That can be opened in Excel. The .pvv is a Power Vision Value file that can be imported/applied to an open .pvt file Power Vision Tune. And used by Log Tuner. Sorry I can't explain better I'm no expert or computer savvy,but it works for me, I'm just trying to pass on what I've learned here. It's all in this monster thread. DJ tech support has been helpful when I called them in the past. And FM is the best CS around.

Edit, Oh I believe if you enable your guages individually from the guages menu and display them while riding and hit the log data button it saves as a .csv also. The list of gauges to enable for log tuning is in here also.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:24 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Papifun, plug in PV to bike turn on Ign, hit Data Log, You can enable "Guages" individually, or go to Datalog Settings, Signals, Auto (narrowband) or Auto (wideband) if you have that. It will automatically set up all the guages for logging data, in Format I use simple CSV any spreadsheet can open them and you can send that type file as a email attachment to FM. (Edit, After logging data plug PV into your computer and use WinPV to "Get Log" and save it to your Log file folder.)
Don't mess with the VE's use AFR to lean/richen tune. with your build It probably would run rough in autotune with 14.6 AFR across the board and minus 4deg. timing advance. Definately let FM assist.
SS,,,, ty for the simple procedure... u assume AFR of 14.6 is not enough Fuel to keep the 107 happy and I guess thats why the BASIC AUTOTUNE don't work for me. I don't have the 18mm bungs for AT on my V&H powerduals. so I'm stuck with no AT broadband O2's and just the stock 12mm O2 sensors. Gonna play a little with my AFR, When i got the Dyno done 2 years ago, AFR"s are at 14.0 in most cells, I'm trying to see if can get a mileage map and up the AFR to 14.4 in cruise throttle positions and then make a map for power and AFR's to 13.6 across just till 4000RPM and the drop to 13.2/12.8 without touching the VE tables from my initial Dyno. Would i have to adjust timing ? Am i going in right direction ?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:43 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Use the Format function next to the settings function and enable Simple CSV. Comma ,Seperated, Value. That can be opened in Excel. The .pvv is a Power Vision Value file that can be imported/applied to an open .pvt file Power Vision Tune. And used by Log Tuner. Sorry I can't explain better I'm no expert or computer savvy,but it works for me, I'm just trying to pass on what I've learned here. It's all in this monster thread. DJ tech support has been helpful when I called them in the past. And FM is the best CS around.

Edit, Oh I believe if you enable your guages individually from the guages menu and display them while riding and hit the log data button it saves as a .csv also. The list of gauges to enable for log tuning is in here also.
Thanks Smokey- The PV2's settings were already on "simple" by default, so there is nothing else to change it to except Pro-XY. I did see in the DJ FAQ and in several thread references here to open PVV files with the Log Tuner software, but I cannot find it anywhere on their website.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

Timing is a whole nother can o worms lol. If it was set by a good tuner on a dyno I wouldn't mess with it much. Maybe a little here and there but probably not needed. I did enable the new feature that came with an update a while back, Closed Throttle Spark. It was set at 25 deg across the board, I bumped it down to 22.5 deg. And it helped with the occasional shift pop. I had always wondered why I would see zero's in the spark advance columns of data logs when there were no cells set to 0 deg. In either front or rear.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:46 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

also, I tried everything to load / open / import the pvv file in WinPV to the active tune, but WinPV will not open a pvv file, and there are no import options- just gives an error that it is 'not a valid tune file'.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

DJ doesn't offically support LT anymore, They kinda retired it. Can be Dl'd from FM's website though.But first get a good grip on AT and WinPV.I just kept on poking around till it did what I want lol.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread