Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Hook up your PV to WinPV and, Update Tune using PV. It's in the dropdown menue bar.
(with the tune your trying to edit loaded in WinPV also)

Old 03-23-2015, 12:46 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Hook up your PV to WinPV and, Update Tune using PV. It's in the dropdown menue bar.
You can also go to the current tune on the PV while hooked to bike and save a copy of the current tune to the custom tunes slots and it will save the changes made in Quick tune. I would after saving go back in quick tune and rezero every thing as don't think it automatically changes back. Probably still won't show up on your map in Win/Pv until you do the Update tune Smokey suggested.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:21 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts

Yep. That worked. Thanks.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
You can also go to the current tune on the PV while hooked to bike and save a copy of the current tune to the custom tunes slots and it will save the changes made in Quick tune. I would after saving go back in quick tune and rezero every thing as don't think it automatically changes back. Probably still won't show up on your map in Win/Pv until you do the Update tune Smokey suggested.
Thanks. Still learning how to use the device. But getting there.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:14 PM
mupepe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a cold knock on start up. I tried changing the warm up enrichment values to a set that someone posted a few pages back. Didn't really make a difference. It goes away after the bike gets up to operating temp. It didn't show up until I changed my head pipes so I'm pretty sure it's a tune issue.

Any tips? my idle settings were also a bit high for my liking (1400 at around 60 degrees farenheit) so I lowered that a bit but still no difference.

2014 Road King. Stage 1 SE Intake. 4" Rinehart Slip Ons. V&H Dresser Duals.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mupepe
It didn't show up until I changed my head pipes so I'm pretty sure it's a tune issue.

Any tips? my idle settings were also a bit high for my liking (1400 at around 60 degrees farenheit) so I lowered that a bit but still no difference.

2014 Road King. Stage 1 SE Intake. 4" Rinehart Slip Ons. V&H Dresser Duals.
You probably should download a new starting tune From Dyno Jet or better yet Fuel Moto If you bought your PV from FM. Something closer to your new set up, Then run a few AutoTunes

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 03-23-2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spellin
Old 03-23-2015, 08:20 PM
mupepe
Cruiser

You probably should download a new starting tune From Dyno Jet or better yet Fuel Moto If you bought your PV from FM. Something closer to your new set up, Then run a few AutoTunes
Thanks. Unfortunately the PV came with my bike when I bought it, so no support from Fuel Moto. I did buy my Dresser Duals from them though

I started off with a tune from Dynojet's site that is the same except V&H HO's instead of the Rineharts. That was the closest they had.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 PM
mupepe
Cruiser

OK. Probably a stupid question. My map has knock control coming on at 160 Fahrenheit. Sounds about the temp that the knocking stops. Should I lower it or is it okay at this?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:31 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by mupepe
OK. Probably a stupid question. My map has knock control coming on at 160 Fahrenheit. Sounds about the temp that the knocking stops. Should I lower it or is it okay at this?
You are going to need to find the source of the knock, if this sound it is at idle it is not detonation or related to knock retard as the motor is not under load. Many times a cold knock is related to the compensator or primary chain tension, however if it started after you installed the exhaust I would make sure the front pipe is not touching the floorboard bracket and the rest of the system has sufficient clearance at the cam cover, brake pedal, the frame, etc..
I would also run several Auto Tune sessions, I generally recommend three, 20 minute sessions of mixed riding. Between each session export learned and re-enable this new map for the next AT session. If you purchased the head pipe from Fuel Moto you are welcome to use our map request form to request a fuel map, you will use the invoice number for your exhaust.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior

Now thats Customer Service! One thought I had was maybe an exhaust leak that closes up when hot.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread