Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:34 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Just finished my external breather set up and decided to go on a 30 min run so I could do another auto tune.. Came up with learned ve 98 cells avg 2% max 6%..im still learning what l this means... I've seen on a few pages where people state a good percentage to be in and I cnt find any of them at the moment.. Anyone care to chime in? Me like a jackass cut the bike off when I got in the driveway and didn't apply the settings lol but I can always do it again just thought I see if my bike is on the right track
You're doing pretty well. Most like to get VE's to 5% or less.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:22 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Not bad then.. Only took 3 small rides to get it to that point. I've never been able to get the table fully populated tho.. I've tried riding every which way.. Either way the way the bike runs as of now by far justifies paying for the pv

Last edited by decencyxdefied; 03-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:10 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by nhrider1
You're doing pretty well. Most like to get VE's to 5% or less.
I haven't done an autotune since October, but shutting the bike off saves the data. You can turn the bike back on go to Autotune and the data will be populated and you can even collect more data, or just save the tune to a slot.

You didn't lose the data.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:01 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I haven't done an autotune since October, but shutting the bike off saves the data. You can turn the bike back on go to Autotune and the data will be populated and you can even collect more data, or just save the tune to a slot.

You didn't lose the data.
I went back in. Went to auto tune enabled it and it shows no learned ve and no cell avg

Old 03-10-2015, 08:18 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

I went back in. Went to auto tune enabled it and it shows no learned ve and no cell avg
I may be wrong, but my memory is I have made the mistake of shutting down the bike and been able to recover and continue to AT.

Program Vehicle > Autotune > Datalog. (I'm pretty sure Datalog would bring up existing data, Enable Autotune might start a new log)

mea culpa if I'm wrong, I'm traveling an away from the bike. The good news is you can start again, and it's all fun.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

I plan on doing it again this week.. We got 3 inches of rain over the weekend so I haven't had a chance to run it again.. We have highs in the low 70s for to next few days so I should be able to ride to work everyday

Old 03-10-2015, 11:06 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

I plan on doing it again this week.. We got 3 inches of rain over the weekend so I haven't had a chance to run it again.. We have highs in the low 70s for to next few days so I should be able to ride to work everyday
Enjoy the weather. There is still 3 feet of snow in my front yard and it's 28'F.. that's in Massachusetts. The wife and I are traveling to Florida for Red Sox spring training and we're in Savannah Ga now. It's 80's and mild. sheesh!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I sent Jamie my map after 5 AT runs along with a couple of logs I made after the 5th AT was loaded. The log looked pretty good to me, but I wanted Jamie to take a look at it before I called it done. He sent me back another map to load based on my final AT map with an explanation as to the changes he made. Here is his reply.

"Hello, took a look at your maps and they look really good. The VE is pretty well dialed in, I changed the 20/25Kpa areas a bit as Auto Tune leaned these values, there is decel fuel cutoff in this area that affects AT operation in this area. Other than that that most of the map was pretty much for the most part within 3-5% of the original calibration. The minor knock events are going to be normal. If you continue to do AT runs I would set the Minimum MAP to 30Kpa to prevent adjustment of the decel area, otherwise you should be ready to go with your map."

I went ahead and made the changes to the PV since I will be doing a catless head pipe later on.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:09 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey guys I'm having a problem I'm wondering if any of you guys can help me. I'm getting ready to order a 2nd license to tune another one of my bikes. I followed fuel moto's instructions to pull the ecm data off the bike and connected the pv to my laptop and all was good. I ran the update client and there was a couple updates I had to do to get everything current. It said to do the software update 1st so I did that and all was good till I went to go to the next one. Now it says that I must install a critical system upgrade. Well I went to do that and now the pv won't connect to the laptop. The pv itself says PC link mode active but the laptop keeps saying the pv is not connected. It now tells me to go into recovery mode and wait for drivers to load but when I do that it still says pv not connected even though the pv is hooked up and the screen says recovery mode. Any advice? I plan to call fuel moto if I can't figure this out but I won't have a day off for another week and was hoping to have this bike on the road by then. Thanks for any help
EDIT: it somehow just started working. I tried running the updated one more time and for some reason it worked this time. No idea what I did different but it's sorted.

Last edited by 2deuceguy; 03-17-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Same thing happen to me on last update. I unplugged everything and tried 10 minutes later and all went good.

I feel it might be the cable connections dirt/dusty.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread