Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:14 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,045 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
absolutely sure you don't have the cams a tooth off?
I didn't put them in. Kirby did at Veetwin did my motor build. And I am very happy with his work. It runs great other wise. I emailed Jamie at Fuelmoto and sent him the map that works best for me provided by Dynojet. We will see what he says. Is there a way to upload a map on here

Last edited by misfitJason; 02-21-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:31 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
I have a question for you guys. I have a map that I got from dynojet for my dyna. It won't autotune. They sent me an updated map that was supposed to have the autotune parameters turned on but when I try to autotune with basic my bike stalls out before ever even getting out of warmup. Kerb sent me a map to try and help but they aren't close and my bike stalls. The map dynojet sent me is really good and the bike runs great with it (after I lowered the warmup enrichment) but why won't it autotune? How can I upload a map to here so that you guys can take a look. On a side note I got the pv from fuelmoto. They sent me a map but again it's not close and the bike won't run with it. Maybe it's took rich to use autotune basic with it. I would at least think that it would at leas be able to be autotuned without stalling
You have something going on besides autotune. The autotune does reset the AFR to 14.6 and removes 4 degrees off timing. The map Dynajet sent you has the AFR set to 14.2 as the leanest number and your bike has narrowband O2's and they don't turn on at 14.2. They turn on at 14.3. The first map I sent was also set to 14.5 and when warmed up it would have turned the O2's on. That could be what is stalling your bike. I suspect you either have a bad O2 sensor or two or possibly the O2's are crossed. Not sure if it is possible on the Dyna or not. Did you even try the other 2 maps I sent you. Both of them had the O2's turned off at 13.8. If they will run I feel sure you have an O2 problem. Be worth trying. The leaner one should run real well for you. If either does run try Autotune and bet it still won't work. If you can do a datalog and send it to me I can possibly see if you have an O2 sensor problem or something else. You can run the log with any map. You have my email address. Never heard back from you after I sent the last two maps, so I assumed it was fixed.
The reason you had to lean the Warm up enrichment out was the DynaJet map was set 10% too rich in the VE idle area. The map I sent you that idled but stalled when warmed up had the idle area 10% leaner and Warmup enrichment was set the same as the DynaJet map.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:09 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

I did. The rich one stalled the bike. I didn't try the lean one yet. I guess I'll check my O2 sensors. Any special way to do that? Does it matter which one goes on the front or back?

Last edited by misfitJason; 02-21-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:17 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I did. The rich one stalled the bike. I didn't try the lean one yet. I guess I'll check my O2 sensors. Any special way to do that? Does it matter which one goes on the front or back?
Not familiar how to tell which goes front or back on Dyna, but it does make a difference. On the Touring the front cylinder plugs into the Gray plug and the back cylinder goes to black. I am sure someone on here can tell you. To check them do a Datalog and pull it off PV and send it to me. The datalog will display the output voltage of the O2 sensors. There is probably a way to measure the resistance with an ohm meter. You can get it running good without the O2's working just won't be able to use the Autotune. Stalling out from too rich and stalling out from too lean is little curious too. Maybe you could give little better clues, like what rpm, what gear, what throttle position, what throttle condition cruise, light acceleration, decel, or wide open throttle or at idle.

Last edited by ke5rbd; 02-21-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:14 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Cool. I will send you the log on Monday. As far as the o2 sensors....I had a shop put the motor back in the bike and I don't know if they mixed up the o2 sensors from front to back when putting them in but as far as the o2 sensors plugging in on the bike they only have one way to go. The front one runs to the regulator area and the back one runs up to the ecm area inder the seat to plug in. I will reference that to my manual and see what that say and double check them too. Thanks again for your help

Last edited by misfitJason; 02-22-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:45 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

This is how I currently have my O2 sensors connected on my bike.

Rear: gray/black wire and blue wire from O2 sensor

Front: gray wire and blue wire from O2 sensor

It doesn't differentiate in my FSM

Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

My gray 02 sensor connector is at the front and my black connector is at the rear. Maybe that is the problem.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,087 Likes on 3,488 Posts

My gray 02 sensor connector is at the front and my black connector is at the rear. Maybe that is the problem.
On the frame the connectors are reversed as to the cylinders they go to. The gray plug goes to the front cylinder. The black connector goes to the rear cylinder.
Someone may have reversed yours on the frame.

Last edited by sloufoot; 02-22-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:20 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

actually I don't see a gray connector at all. Both are black front and back that they plug into but its nightime. I'll check tomorrow when I wake up at 10. I feel like an idiot trying to figure this stuff out

Old 02-23-2015, 07:41 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

actually I don't see a gray connector at all. Both are black front and back that they plug into but its nightime. I'll check tomorrow when I wake up at 10. I feel like an idiot trying to figure this stuff out
you have your sensors correct. Black is back, but in all reality the length of the harness on the o2 sensors dictates where they go on the dyna/softail models. One plugs in under the battery or at the ECM, the other up front under the frame.

email me the map you're having problems with. ultranutz at outlook dot com

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread