Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:23 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dragons
What ever did people do before O2 sensors.
They guessed a lot as to what jet to use and where to set the metering rod and wondered if that was as good as it could be. They probably still call the injected bikes "lead sleds". And there were no emoticons to express their feelings. Boy that was the good ole days.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:26 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
They guessed a lot as to what jet to use and where to set the metering rod and wondered if that was as good as it could be. They probably still call the injected bikes "lead sleds". And there were no emoticons to express their feelings. Boy that was the good ole days.
Well said Mac!

Old 02-18-2015, 03:53 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dragons
What ever did people do before O2 sensors.

You change your tuning strategy to error on the rich side of things. You target 14 or maybe 14.1. WOT you target in the mid 12's. You took the lesser of two evils.

Still the way it needs to be done on 105 level bikes.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
You change your tuning strategy to error on the rich side of things. You target 14 or maybe 14.1. WOT you target in the mid 12's. You took the lesser of two evils.

Still the way it needs to be done on 105 level bikes.
That's still what we do with areas outside CL, and guess what...it works perfectly fine. My '04 WG has injection and no O2s and the download. Runs flawlessly.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:41 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

I have a question for you guys. I have a map that I got from dynojet for my dyna. It won't autotune. They sent me an updated map that was supposed to have the autotune parameters turned on but when I try to autotune with basic my bike stalls out before ever even getting out of warmup. Kerb sent me a map to try and help but they aren't close and my bike stalls. The map dynojet sent me is really good and the bike runs great with it (after I lowered the warmup enrichment) but why won't it autotune? How can I upload a map to here so that you guys can take a look. On a side note I got the pv from fuelmoto. They sent me a map but again it's not close and the bike won't run with it. Maybe it's took rich to use autotune basic with it. I would at least think that it would at leas be able to be autotuned without stalling

Old 02-21-2015, 06:26 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by misfitJason
I have a question for you guys. I have a map that I got from dynojet for my dyna. It won't autotune. They sent me an updated map that was supposed to have the autotune parameters turned on but when I try to autotune with basic my bike stalls out before ever even getting out of warmup. Kerb sent me a map to try and help but they aren't close and my bike stalls. The map dynojet sent me is really good and the bike runs great with it (after I lowered the warmup enrichment) but why won't it autotune? How can I upload a map to here so that you guys can take a look. On a side note I got the pv from fuelmoto. They sent me a map but again it's not close and the bike won't run with it. Maybe it's took rich to use autotune basic with it. I would at least think that it would at leas be able to be autotuned without stalling
What have you done to the bike?

Old 02-21-2015, 07:48 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
If you bought from Fuel Moto, get them involved...they will work with you to fix things.

Autotune leans the AFR to 14.6 (.982 Lambda) to extend the closed loop area...so It shouldn't matter how rich your map is. It also removes 4 deg. of timing.

Talk to Fuel Moto, I'm sure they will be able to resolve your issues.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:16 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I am using the the tune that FM sent me that I have run AT Pro on. My idol is just not right. I have it set at 1000 but it is continually hunting for it. After the bike get hot after a ride, it can swing from 1100 down to 925 or so. Sometimes, it gets low and it almost sounds like the engine is going to die but it doesn't. Any ideas?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:55 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
What have you done to the bike?
06 dyna
95 inch bb 9.4/1
.30 head gasket
203 cams
Ss stealth ac
Rush 2-1
25 degree injectors
Valve job

Old 02-21-2015, 01:04 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

absolutely sure you don't have the cams a tooth off?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread