Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
The pro user is no longer available in the updated software. You can probably hook the PV to the computer and run the UPdate Client from the programs menu. You have to have Win/PV closed. After all the updates you can open Win/Pv with PV hooked up still and open the Tune in question and Select Power Vision from top menu then select Update Tune using PV. If that doesn't fix the missing data then FM is best bet. FM or Dyna Jet either can fix you up on the eliminators. Just turning off O2's in the Limits and Switches isn't going to stop the engine light.

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Normal is the only setting now They combined Basic and Pro into normal. As for seeing all the items in available in your tune tree, Load tune into WinPV, Click the Power Vision menu button, then UpdateTune using PV

Thank you!
I can now see all missing values in tune tree. Set closed loop to off.
Still get O2 engine code as stated above. Still think I have to call Fuel Moto to find out if I need the O2 eliminators or if the have a fix for the engine codes.

Last edited by Gommee; 02-16-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:28 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Gommee
Thank you!
I can now see all missing values in tune tree. Set closed loop to off.
Still get O2 engine code as stated above. Still think I have to call Fuel Moto to find out if I need the O2 eliminators or if the have a fix for the engine codes.
On Dyna & Softail CANbus models there are a couple of things that need to be toggled to shut off closed loop completely, I received your email and will get everything turned off in the map and shoot it back out to you.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
On Dyna & Softail CANbus models there are a couple of things that need to be toggled to shut off closed loop completely, I received your email and will get everything turned off in the map and shoot it back out to you.

Thanks Jamie!

Always a pleasure to deal with you!

Old 02-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Received new tune from Jamie at FM. No need for O2 Eliminators, the updated tune took care of the O2 codes and engine light.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:34 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

my question is why would you want to tune a bike that's not run on the drag strip completely in open loop?

Old 02-18-2015, 09:35 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
my question is why would you want to tune a bike that's not run on the drag strip completely in open loop?
You have a lot of flexibility on how you choose develop and maintain your tune, closed loop is not always the end all solution. He has the option to use either the factory or wideband sensors. He can use the widebands to develop & monitor his tune, and if he chooses to run closed loop he can do so with the stock sensors.

Last edited by fuelmoto; 02-18-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

ah.. I misunderstood then.. so he's tuning open then turning NB sensors back on..

Old 02-18-2015, 09:46 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

ah.. I misunderstood then.. so he's tuning open then turning NB sensors back on..
I am not sure, however the options are open. No problems running a properly tuned bike in open loop and it opens up your options for commanded AF mixture, with his setup he also has the ability to monitor AF in real time and populate tune correction very easily

Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I know there are a lot of pure open loop fans out there but I'm not one of them. I don't feel there are enough compensating factors/range within the stock ECM to deal with a fully open loop tuned bike.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I know there are a lot of pure open loop fans out there but I'm not one of them. I don't feel there are enough compensating factors/range within the stock ECM to deal with a fully open loop tuned bike.
What ever did people do before O2 sensors.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread