Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:08 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Understood. I'm not trying to tune with the PV/AT110 on my Ultra. I've got the TTS to do the tuning.

I was just wondering if I could log data with the PV that included the AFR from the widebands. If I can then I could compare it with the AFR/Lambda being requested by the TTS tune.

Probably be easier just to buy another license for the ultra.
You can run the DataLog from the gauge screen and if you have the widebands in place and select pro it will read the AFR that you are running. Lot of data to crunch but you can get it real close. A 10 mile run will have several thousand lines of data to look at. If you have excel you can use filters and formulas to get the data you want out.
You can't just buy another license and put a PV on a bike that has a TTS tuner on it. You have to get an RMA from TTS and send your ECM to them and they will unlock it and send it back. No charge except shipping. Would be easier just to keep the TTS.
I found out if you still have the TTS all you have to do is reload the stock file from the VCI and it will unlock the ECM. The ones I had had dealings with the TTS VCI was missing. The PV is in no way an advantage in tuning over the TTS. I do prefer the PV for the monitoring ability and able to store tunes and quick tune.

Last edited by ke5rbd; 12-26-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Error in unlocking TTS
Old 12-24-2014, 06:50 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack
PV needs to update their manual and remove Log Tuner software if they are not using it anymore.

Anyways, this is the second autotune results.

no need to remove anything just because you dont understand how to use it.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:53 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OddJack
So was it PV who created log tuner or Fuelmoto?

If it was PV why did they stop support or downloads?

Are you guys using LT with stock sensors or purchased the advanced package?
Either learn how to use the tools or bring the bike to a pro to tune it for you.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:57 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 04ctd
random question from a Lurker: If the PV will autotune (decrease only) Timing, why can't I increase it a bit (will quick tune do that?) across the whole range, and then let AT decrease timing to where AT does not detect any knock?

i appreciate your insight and ability to explain things.

I can see where DJ would not let PV advance timing due to possible damage.
certain low load areas could easily be increased without pinging. PV wouldn't reduce those areas...but you'd be running way hot with those high numbers. you're thinking too much. Start with a known decent map. Then leave timing alone until you understand the basics.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:02 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by prostar
My bike was tuned by a tuner in town who is known for good work. He is very familiar with Powervision. After tuning my bike I have a POP when the rpms drop to 2000 during a shift. If I keep the shift point higher than 2000 no POP. When engine braking engine runs smooth. Any ideas on what I should be looking at? bike is 2013 limited, SE heavy breather intake, Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe, SE slip on with full sac 2.25 cores. I am wondering if engine needs more back pressure in the exhaust.
Ho obviously doesn't do good work then does he. Did he even test ride the bike after he tuned it? You know the area it's popping. Richen it up at that area. It's popping in a no load area between shifts so try to richen or lean just those surrounding cells.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:05 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FinalShot
You need to enrich your fuel at the 20 map and 1500 to 3000 rpm range in the afr table. I'm on my phone or I'd include good numbers to use.
That's good for a backyard hack but tossing fuel at a pop isn't always the answer.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:18 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FinalShot
Thanks Jamie. Then my plan will be to manually bump up timing 5 degrees and make an AT run with logging. So, will the PV save to the AT file, the retard timing changes that it makes to stop the knock events or will I need to review the log and make the changes where knock exists?

Darn, I was hoping for a little more automatic....
The problem is most here just add numbers and hope to achieve something. Blah blah blah timing this timing that. Do you even need to screw with the timing table? I guess what I'm asking is what makes you think your timing table needs changes? Do you have the equipment to even know if your timing changes made a positive or negative impact?

What RPM and load areas are you working your timing table? And, why those areas?

If all you have to work with is a PV then leave timing alone. if you got your initial map from a reputable vendor the timing will be closer than you can ever get by guessing. All guessing gets you is a bike that runs hot in certain areas...runs like a dog in certain areas...or just runs like crap overall.

The big question is why are you guessing when it comes to timing?

Old 12-24-2014, 07:28 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldhippie

If you're not experiencing any knock events, and happy with performance then your done.

That's where a FuelMoto adds value as they put significant effort into custom maps per the packages they sell and most of the more common mods we all do so your pretty close with the pre-loaded map for timing out of the box.

If you're happy with the way the bike is running after you got the VE's dialed in then your done. My disease is keeping that thing on the handlebars, logging and liking to tinker.
That's the best advice I've heard here in a while. I don't know why folks keep THINKING they can arbitrarily screw with timing tables and THINK they are improving anything.

Folks leave the timing tables alone! Yes, pull a degree out here and there if you see outrageous knock events. But to think you're going to make your bike run better by advancing, by a guess, is just plain stupid.

These bikes don't need all the advance some of you are attempting. You cannot measure any gains so leave it alone. or keep on jacking up the timing numbers to the ragged edge and run hotter than you did before you even dialed in the VE's.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:41 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

question. Once my VE tables have been set after my dyno. Can i decrease my or Increase my AFR without needing to run Basic tune. I have a 107 build and if i try the Basic tune with current dyno'd amp, the bike runs like crap. I want to make a power tune and a milage tune. is this possible ?

Old 12-25-2014, 02:11 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Yeah i wouldnt be touching autotune basic with your engine setup as i reckon you would get some silly VE numbers

I would monitor your plugs and if you are running a little rich now then take say 5 points of entire VE table for that cylinder, check next cylinder plug and adjust, go for ride and check

Thanks
Mirrmu

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread