Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 01:25 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

they released new SW:

The issue you are referring to is with the Power Vision firmware. We released that version of the firmware on Friday… And, as soon as we realized there was an issue (yesterday), we released a new version that works perfectly fine. If you connect your PV to the computer and run the PV Update Client, it will get you set with the newest version that has no issues.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:33 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,100 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctd
i dont know whats going. I got diff versions all kinda crap

the "FIRMWARE" and the "SOFTWARE" file names look so alike, it's hard to keep them straight.

oh well.. Software ain't what it used to be in the good old days....

edit: IDK what happened, but it would not connect to the PV, so now...I am recovering it again. I pROMISE to pay more attention to FW and SW next time....

second edit: now it won't accept tunes from the PV software, it says 'unsupported PVT tune version (upgrade firmware)'

It work on my 2013 softail, loaded a tune into it.

but it won't even recognize my 2014 TK to read the ECM, to be able to do a second license.

third edit: [I]"If the Power Vision can’t lock to your ECM, then it can’t flash your ECM with a tune. Here are a few things to look for, as well as recommended course of action: Power Vision firmware, software, and tune database are not up to date. At least the firmware and tune
database need to be up to date for the Power Vision to lock to the ECM and allow you to flash it."[
/I]

eh...so the PV wont talk to the bike...in order to make it work, i have to upgrade to the software that makes the bike NOT RUN? that sounds like a GREAT plan....
I flashed a tune last Friday and went data logging Saturday morning, about 5 miles from my house I pulled off the road to do a quick tune for pings.
The PV wouldn't flash the quick tune and mentioned something about a license being invalid.
I was still able to ride the bike, I just couldn't tune it.
The MASSIVE firmware update fixed it.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:19 AM
WolfAngel
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctd
they released new SW:

The issue you are referring to is with the Power Vision firmware. We released that version of the firmware on Friday… And, as soon as we realized there was an issue (yesterday), we released a new version that works perfectly fine. If you connect your PV to the computer and run the PV Update Client, it will get you set with the newest version that has no issues.

Ok so I downloaded the -9 version last week and when I tried to start the bike with the PV attached it would start and then die. So just d/led the latest -10 version and will give it a try when I wake up. I really hope this fixes all the issues I have been having with this thing. Also, can't wait for the pipes to start spitting out money like the other guys is hehe.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:05 PM
WolfAngel
Novice
Thumbs down Another disappointment

So I tried it today and still missing things like AFR, fuel economy, trip center still not working.will monitor it in the next few days, weather permitting, and see if things start coming back. At least the bike starts and stays running with it attached now.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

anybody with a 2014 bike having trouble?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfAngel
So I tried it today and still missing things like AFR, fuel economy, trip center still not working.will monitor it in the next few days, weather permitting, and see if things start coming back. At least the bike starts and stays running with it attached now.
You may need to update tune with PV plugged into WinPV, then reflash to bike to clean the bugs out of your ECM. Glad I didn't update FW yet.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:36 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No Issues

Just reporting status. D-loaded the 2.0.9-1439 FW yesterday; and then caught the latest reports on the forum last night while watching the news.... ooops.
Thought about just either reloading the old FW/DB, but then thought why not try the "DJ-fix" -- "10-1439" and just see what happens.

Just returned from doing some AT and d/l without any effects while riding/tuning.
Didn't result in any changes to the tune, but thought I'd flash and try it anyway to see if that caused any problems. All went well, start to finish.

Bottom line: I did NOT try the 9-1439 FW, went straight to the 10-1349 fix. No issues here.

Might just note I've been using this PV unit on my last three bikes (updating license from DJ); using the AT100 with WB O2s; autotuning and data logging.

Hoping those who are having issues can get them resolved.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:05 PM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem with either FW version.
Did a tweak with the old version and the new version works fine.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:17 AM
WolfAngel
Novice
Exclamation OK rain let up today and got a chance to get 2 good rides in

No change at all! I don't think this is a global issue. Just think it is an issue with my bike and PV. As i have said before, it worked just fine at first and then all of a sudden did not work the same. I have been in email with the PV techs. Sorry to say but at this point I don't have any confidence in them at all. The one guy Roy keeps saying maybe there is RF interference. Well sorry Mr. Tech but my cable is in the same place as it was when the unit was working fine. In addition; I am willing to pay the money to get a new ECM to see if maybe the unit did some damage to it but guess what? Haha joke on me, the unit is tied to the ECM. So that would be the same as changing bikes so there is another $200 charge for that. Oh, and then lets not forget the $335 charge for the new ECM plus the installation and the initial tune flash to the ECM. At this point I could have gone with the Thunder-max at well below what the end cost would be and be done with it. At this ppint in time all I have is a very expensive tach/gear position indicator for my handlebar. Still waiting for some great words of wisdom from the wonder techs at Power Vision but I am pretty sure it will not be forthcoming so again, at this point I have to give the PV! 0 stars out of 5 due to no real intelligence coming from the home office! Added toi the fact that the last email i received sort of indicates that there will be another $200 charge to change out the ECM that i am pretty sure that the unit zapped when i was caught in the rain one day.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:19 AM
WolfAngel
Novice
Default On another note

What am i supposed to do PV techs, run the damn cable across the seat? I have it routed well away from the RF as you say in the same hole that the ECM cable comes through and routed under the seat in the wire harness channel.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread