Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
The sensors are different thread sizes, at least mine are. I would say that the only time you would be running AT might be to get data for different times of the year, blends of gas, or when your S.O. is riding with you.

Happy Tuning
Actually on the 09's they are the same size. It was 2010 they went to the different size threads. But I have been considering a 2-1 Drago's pipe and if I do that I can get 2 sets of bung holes for both sensors, then I could WB for tuning and NB for other times

Old 04-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Fourdogs
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Received my new Powervision from Fuel Moto today, downloaded the map they preloaded went for a twenty-five mile ride this eve and finally "the decel pop" is gone! Now I need to learn about this thing after looking over alot of the posts on this, it is a little confusing reading about VE tables etc. Hopefully I won't need an engineering degree to understand how it all works.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 AM
cbrown@woods.net
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
So I have a question for for all the guys that have been working with the PV for awhile.

From what I have read running the AT with this setup is getting my VE's dialed in for my build at stoich. So basically I am calibrating the VE's to my specific bike.

Now comes the questions, once I have that so the VE's are not varying more than 4-5%......
1) How do I disable closed loop? I have heard 2 ways, either disable closed loop in the PV for that tune, OR, set my AFR's outside the closed loop range, so that would mean setting all the 14.6 cells so say 14.2 (I think).
2) What happens if I change the AFR's, say down to 14.2, I think from what I have read is now the VE's are calibrated, that the ECM will just do it's work and adjust the fuel to meet those AFR's based on the air volume it gets from the VE's/Engine displacement. Is that correct?
3) If #2 is correct and I adjust the AFR's to get to Open Loop, should this be done before or after I doing any timing runs? I would think before, but want to ask.

I need to disable Closed Loop because I am keeping the WB sensors in and I don't have any termination in the stock O2 cables, so I don't want it running in closed loop.
The closed loop flag (if your ECM has it) enables/disables closed loop for the whole table.

Setting the AFR outside of closed loop range does that for that table location.

If you were running with narrow sensors in (I have dual, narrow and wide in each pipe) you would have the option of leaving closed loop on in the cruise range and setting richer everywhere else.

I have a closed loop map that is 14.4 in the "nearly flat 50 - 70mph" range of rpm/map locations, then 13.8 for most of the table and 12.6 for the high load areas.

I also have a table with closed loop disabled and the leanest parts of the table are 13.6

The only critical bit here is (in my opinion) "Don't run lean with closed loop off!".

The ECM will attempt to compensate for air pressure and temp, but it is not perfect and fuel varies.

The last thing you need is a target of say 14.4 with closed loop off. Map the VEs with real gas and get some "10% ethl" that has been overmixed and is actually closer to 20%, or map at 4000 ft at 110F and switch to sea level at 40F and you could actually me running 14.8:1 or worst....

Running closed loop when close to stoich is important since you have little room to lean out.

Personally, I do not run closed loop any higher that 14.2:1, and I would drop that to 13.8 if high temps or questionable gas might be possible. My road trip/std table is that 14.4 cruise area map.

In your case if you leave our the narrow sensors, turn off closed loop via the global flag (or get eliminators if you don't have the closed loop disable flag) and keep the lack of near real-time auto-compensation in mind when you pick the leanest values for your map.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 PM
vicenzajay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update from my posts about 6 weeks ago. Jamie helped me out by modifying the resultant map after approximately 11 AT runs. He did some AFR target smoothing as well in the process. The new tune ran fairly well, but the decel popping is still there in very specific spots. I've run 7 more runs at this point - deltas still not settling in very well (probably due to my hitting new cells and the temperatures changing quite a bit here from day to day).

Anyway, I've sent "session 18" to Jamie for another round of trying to target the specific decel popping areas before continuing the tuning process. Frankly, I was hoping to not have to make 20+ autotuning runs to get VE deltas inside of 3-5%.

Oh well - ce'st la vie

Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 AM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Eitms

Is the EITMS a standard on all FI bikes? I have a 09 dyna and wanting a PV and wondering if I would just need to turn it on with the PV?

Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,097 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by DJY
Is the EITMS a standard on all FI bikes? I have a 09 dyna and wanting a PV and wondering if I would just need to turn it on with the PV?
Mine is a 2013 and it was switched off when I bought the bike new, I went into the tune and turned it on. My inner thighs are quite happy now

Old 04-13-2014, 11:12 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a power vision on my 2011 flhx. I have no local tuners that will work with it. Seems I am forced to go with the SERT from Harley for my dyno since I did a 107 build. Is there a process I need to follow to remove power vision and now use SERT to be accepted by the bikes ECM. ? I tried dynojet but I'm always put on hold 20-30 mins and more. I'm fed up. I did install a canned map from Jamie since I purchased the PV just about three years ago but bike runs rough and I'm sure needs dyno tuning...

Old 04-13-2014, 01:13 PM
lizard86
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just finished up a 98" build on my 06 Ultra Classic. I ordered the Power Vision from Fuel Moto a couple months ago but changed my mind about the build components a couple times and now the tune he sent me is not running well at all. I guess I will wait until tomorrow and give him a call so I can get a better base map to work off of. I am running the wideband o2 sensors. Is there any advice anyone can give me or should I just wait and talk to Jamie?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:51 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,087 Likes on 3,488 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard86
I just finished up a 98" build on my 06 Ultra Classic. I ordered the Power Vision from Fuel Moto a couple months ago but changed my mind about the build components a couple times and now the tune he sent me is not running well at all. I guess I will wait until tomorrow and give him a call so I can get a better base map to work off of. I am running the wideband o2 sensors. Is there any advice anyone can give me or should I just wait and talk to Jamie?
Just be sure Jamie is supplied with all the information he needs. Be sure to tell him what you are after also. Like all power, economy or somewhere in between. What your driving habits are, cams, etc etc.
He will be most able to set ya up !

Old 04-14-2014, 12:47 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,087 Likes on 3,488 Posts

Originally Posted by vicenzajay
Just a quick update from my posts about 6 weeks ago. Jamie helped me out by modifying the resultant map after approximately 11 AT runs. He did some AFR target smoothing as well in the process. The new tune ran fairly well, but the decel popping is still there in very specific spots. I've run 7 more runs at this point - deltas still not settling in very well (probably due to my hitting new cells and the temperatures changing quite a bit here from day to day).

Anyway, I've sent "session 18" to Jamie for another round of trying to target the specific decel popping areas before continuing the tuning process. Frankly, I was hoping to not have to make 20+ autotuning runs to get VE deltas inside of 3-5%.

Oh well - ce'st la vie
Set the decell enleanment table to all zeros. Add some timing to the closed throttle table above 1500 RPM. Usually will take care of pops.
Make sure you don't have exhaust leaks also.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread