Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:55 AM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hausguy
So, dumb question. How do you run it in open loop...simply by changing the values? For example, most of my closed loop areas from Fuelmoto's base tune were set at 14.4. What you're saying is that it could/should run a bit richer, correct? Then would I be in open loop automatically or is there a switch somewhere?
In Winpv there is an Closed loop branch -> Closed loop lambda range. To run open loop set your AFR's outside this range. AFR's inside this range would run closed loop, AFR's outside this range would run open loop. Also under the Limits and Switches branch->closed loop you could set this switch to 0 and run in open loop every where.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Moneywoes
In Winpv there is an Closed loop branch -> Closed loop lambda range. To run open loop set your AFR's outside this range. AFR's inside this range would run closed loop, AFR's outside this range would run open loop. Also under the Limits and Switches branch->closed loop you could set this switch to 0 and run in open loop every where.
In Limits & Switches, I don't have the ability to switch on and off. I talked to Jamie at FM and understand now that changing AFR's outside of the range would put me in Open loop. But doing this would disable Adaptive Control so I'll just leave things alone...bike runs fine.

Except...can anyone clear up whether calibrating the speedo changes the odometer? My MPG's are down a bit and I'm attributing this to the 4% change.

Thanks all.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Moneywoes
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hausguy
Except...can anyone clear up whether calibrating the speedo changes the odometer? My MPG's are down a bit and I'm attributing this to the 4% change.

I think it does, but I'm not 100% sure. Easily tested though, Set your speedo calibration for either half or double what it is now and go for a 1 mile ride. Your ODO will either register the mile you went, 1/2 mile or two miles.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Wv7o
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My power vision has been sitting for a while, and I want to start using it again, I have about 4 tunes saved but am not sure what tune is currently loaded.

Can someone tell me is there a way to determine which tune is currently loaded on my bike so that I can delete the unused ones and start using the new tune feature downloaded with the firmware update.

I appreciate the help.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Takedown
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Occasional pop when shifting

Quick question concerning the occasional decel pop. I have run the auto tune 6 times now and overall the bike is running good. However, I am getting the occasional backfire (pop) when shifting gears. It happens most of the time shifting from 1st to 2nd. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 AM
46u
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What sort of head temperatures are folks getting and what is too high?
Thanks
Jeff

Old 04-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Takedown
Quick question concerning the occasional decel pop. I have run the auto tune 6 times now and overall the bike is running good. However, I am getting the occasional backfire (pop) when shifting gears. It happens most of the time shifting from 1st to 2nd. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance for any help!
You could try decreasing Decel Enleanment by10%. Worked for me.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peg20
If you have a lambda-based tune, then closed-loop aims for your target lambda specified in the AFR table. If you have an AFR-based tune, then closed-loop aims for what it *thinks* is stoich, which you specify by voltage in the Closed-Loop-Bias table. Either way, you control where the target lambda is.
Found this while surfing. Gives a pretty good explanation http://harley.uk.net/doku.php?id=tech:espfi:fueling

Old 04-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
Found this while surfing. Gives a pretty good explanation http://harley.uk.net/doku.php?id=tech:espfi:fueling
Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:29 PM
rico1969
Advanced

Hope I am asking this in right thread. I have a new 2014 Limited and already slipped on street cannons. I plan on putting a decatted stock header on also. I want to then move on up to a a/f and know i will need to add a Power Vision. I have a tuner (dyno) that said this is the best. It will cost me like a 1,000.oo bucks for tuner and dyno set up. I am thinking I don't need to go this way. If I buy from fuel moto am I right in thinking with it preprogramed I just hook up and good to go ? I read all these numbers people adjusting it and I don't feel that tech is my best subject. Do I go with dyno guy or would I be ok just hooking up a Fuel Moto as is.
thanks for any advice

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread