Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by azlou66
Hi Everyone,
I got my PV last Thursday and have spent the weekend do AT runs and reading this sticky, up to page 454. I have my VE's set, last run showed 2% average change. I am having a problem with Log Tuner. I open the .pvv file and the .csv file, hit calc tune and I get a warning stating VE and/or Target table(s) missing from value file. Anyone know what I am doing wrong???
Thanks.
I just got off the phone with Jamie, Log Tuner is not supported in the newest firmware.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:33 PM
BigTwins
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Why do you think that is, that log tuner is no longer supported?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTwins
I have no idea, that is what I was told by Jamie from Fuel Moto.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

keep reading, There is a workaround posted in here. You have to open the .pvv file in notebook and delete "MAP based/" from the VE lines front and rear in the file. Then run LT as usual, Then put "MAP based/" back in theVE lines. I did it a couple times an I ain't very smart.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTwins
I was having trouble loading Log Tuner in my new computer and wrote to dynojet support. Here is the official word on the Log Tuner software:

"Don,
Thank you for the inquiry. We have basically dropped support the old log tuner software, once the new built in AutoTune feature was released. The newer software and firmware has made the log tuner software obsolete, so it shouldn’t be needed anymore.. We don’t even use the log tuner software here any longer. Sorry.

Roy Hartman

Dynojet Research
2191 Mendenhall dr suite 105
N Las Vegas, NV 89081

800-992-4993"

Old 03-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Coug
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAT!? I just read how many pages about Log Tuner?.... It's all good (kinda), I'll still try to get it work, 'cause I think I'll like that better, but kinda sucks that they dropped support. Lucky I got an old laptop to load it on...

Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Coug
Intermediate

I just had a tought, but need to know, can you log time based RPM using datalogging? (time vs. rpm)? If you can (or could) you could calculate tourque (with the offset of air resistance, incline, etc.). Really just want to be able to look at rate of change of rpm. If you can log that, and use the same stretch of road, you could start making comparitive runs coupled with quick tune to get a better handle on timing and AFR that the bike likes at WOT, or if you had a way of limiting throttle position (consistently) you could do that too. Only gonna get you a few data points, and QT will only make general changes, but if you can see a change that confirms the seat-o-the pants meter, that could help. No replacement for a real dyno, but maybe better tahn nothhing.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
keep reading, There is a workaround posted in here. You have to open the .pvv file in notebook and delete "MAP based/" from the VE lines front and rear in the file. Then run LT as usual, Then put "MAP based/" back in theVE lines. I did it a couple times an I ain't very smart.
Thanks Smokey! I was trying to use LT this morning and no dice. I just took a 3600 mile trip to Daytona and Key west LT during the trip. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. I deleted the " Map based/" and now it works!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:34 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

What is the "new built in AutoTune feature" Does it adjust spark too?

Nevermind...I just read the post I missed

Last edited by fullautomike; 03-17-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:55 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Teardrop
I just hooked up auto tune pro to my PV. I know I want to set the VE tables first. What do I set the timing at so when I make changes it doesn't retard the timing?
Leave the timing at whatever the canned map was. It's usually conservateive enough to be well in the safe zone.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread