Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 10:29 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDave13
You're right, I stand corrected.
It has a Closed Loop Lambda Range setting with a min and max.(is this the same/similar as CLB?)

IIRC stock is set to 14.2 min with a 15.0 max, I'm assuming that the afr cells that fall within that range sends the ECM in closed loop and anything outside that range would be open loop.
If this is true I'm wondering how far (extreme) can I push these values?

Could I widen the values to bring more afr cells into closed loop
(13.8-15.0)?

Widen what values? What areas do you want to be in closed loop? What areas do you want to be in open loop? And, more importantly, why?

Could I shift the range from stock setting down to 13.5-14.5 bringing the richer values into closed loop?

No

Chances are I'm not going to mess with it (I don't see any reason to) but I'm just trying to get a basic understanding of the concept and how they effect that it has with PV.

It doesn't affect the PV. The PV affects it.

Thanks

EDIT: While playing around with the Winpv I think I may have figured it out.
I suggest you follow your hunch and leave well enough alone. Let's just hope you're correct in your assumption that it's running well. You have run some datalogs right? Based on the questions you're asking you're at the very beginning of the learning process. To be safe I would consider reloading the canned map, making 4 or 5 tuning runs, reflash, and leave it alone. At your level of understanding there NO reason to be fooling around with a cal in WinPV. Do yourself, and your engine, a favor and leave WinPV alone until you have somewhat of a clue how changing one setting may affect more than just that setting. But, as I always say, it's your bike. Do with it as you see fit. All the answers are here and other places on the net. If you're not willing to spend the hours and hours researching, reading, and trying to learn, just take it to a pro tuner. I wish you all the best.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
BigTwins
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Manual

Man....what I wouldn't give for a great A-Z manual on this thing...

Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered my PV today, and damned if I didn't call back later and have them also send me some Ohlin's. Christmas in March!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:18 AM
Timusa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help from PV2 owners!

Hi, I have recently switched from '09 FLHTP to '14 FLHR, so I am in need of a new cable for my Power Vision.
I know that the cable is only different on the bike connector side.
I have 6-pin Deutsch connector, but cannot find any info on pinout.
There are 4 wires in the cable – red, black, white and green.
Please, anyone with the PV2 cable, can you take a look what colour goes to what pin?
Your help is MUCH appreciated!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I just hooked up auto tune pro to my PV. I know I want to set the VE tables first. What do I set the timing at so when I make changes it doesn't retard the timing?

Old 03-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
I just hooked up auto tune pro to my PV. I know I want to set the VE tables first. What do I set the timing at so when I make changes it doesn't retard the timing?
If I'm not mistaken, when you tune in "Pro" mode your timing stays the same; but, your AFR is changed to 13.2 for the session. I only had a chance to work with it a little before I put the bike away. I do remember that the cells filled more quickly with the wide bands. I also played around with the autotuning the timing but I've got CRS at the moment.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Delta. After I posted I got it figured out. The max learned on spark knock need to be set at zero. Then after I set the VE tables I set the max learned on the VE tables to zero then work on the timing.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Coug
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!

I've read it all, (well most of it anyway). Alot of good info, and a good knowledge base to pull from, but.... after all that reading, and the different changes, and opinions, and changing opinions, I might still need to ask a question or two from time to time. And I'll be happy to pitch in when I can.

So the ride, a second hand 2004 RK Custom with 95" big bore kit, SE HTCC Heads and pistons, SE breather, and V&H Propipe, with unknown cams. Dyno and remap from dealer. Mods done back in '07 at 9000 miles, I picked it up last summer with 12000 miles. I've put on another 3500.

Picked up the PV and AT pro from FM TOD (the other day). Glad I did, the dyno'ed map had large area at 14.6. Now without the feedback of the O2 sensors ala 07, this is not where I want the bike to be. Heck I wouldn't want it there even with the feedback, but at least would have some certainty (with in the bounds of sensor accuracy and such, yes Jim) that it wasn't even leaner. Anyway, on travel for a few weeks, when I get back, get the bungs installed, exhaust back together, PV installed and on to logging and tuning.

When I run into a problem that I can't remember the answer to, or where in this haystack the needle lies, I'll ask.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:15 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Everyone,
I got my PV last Thursday and have spent the weekend do AT runs and reading this sticky, up to page 454. I have my VE's set, last run showed 2% average change. I am having a problem with Log Tuner. I open the .pvv file and the .csv file, hit calc tune and I get a warning stating VE and/or Target table(s) missing from value file. Anyone know what I am doing wrong???
Thanks.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Well my old laptap died yesterday and I'm beginning the slow process of installing programs on the new one. It's a 64 bit (whatever that means) and I can't get the Log Tuner to load. Is that because it's not compatible with the new laptop? Is there a way to install it? Thanx.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread