Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

PV updated and married to new bike with no problems on 10-3-13

Old 10-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Boston Chris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fullautomike
Cool thanks for sharing! I am going to get new plugs ASAP and give that a try.
Mike....just got back from riding for about an hour. Changed to stock plugs and all that ping is gone. Doesnt mean that new plugs will fix yours but it did solve my problem.

The NGK plugs i had in either have gone bad,are a bad lot or my bike just doesnt like them. So for now on im just going to stick with the stock syle plugs. I must have had some weird misfiring going on from the NGK plugs.

Let me know how your situation turns out.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
Not sure if this is right place to ask, I have a PV and plan to do a 107 build from my stock 103 stage 1 with either 777 cams or the S&S 570 ez cams with Stage II heads.Hillside in NY ( Scott Palmer) will be doing my build. FM is too far for me... Hillside not really into EFI tuning so i will need a MAP from FM and will dyno to see result but will not tune with my Powervision.
I did buy the PV from Jamie. No one in my area here use's the powervision.

i don't have the autotune since my bungs are 12mm on my V&H power duals. will running the PV in BASIC tune with the stock O2 sensors be enough after i get a map from Jamie ? Do i have to go with a AUTOTUNE after my build with the wideband 02 sensors. please help.
Personally I think you'll be fine with Basic Autotune and the stock O2 sensors. The key question you'll need to ask Jamie is whether or not he has a PV tune file that's a close match to your build. The closer your starting map is the better result you'll get from autotuning with Basic mode and stock sensors.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Boston Chris
Mike....just got back from riding for about an hour. Changed to stock plugs and all that ping is gone. Doesnt mean that new plugs will fix yours but it did solve my problem.

The NGK plugs i had in either have gone bad,are a bad lot or my bike just doesnt like them. So for now on im just going to stick with the stock syle plugs. I must have had some weird misfiring going on from the NGK plugs.

Let me know how your situation turns out.
I changed my plugs too. I had stock plugs and put in new stock plugs. It does ping a tad less but was still pinging.
Finally my Power Vision is showing spark knock at least now I can deal with it. I'm getting pinging when I'm accelerating around 3000-4000 rpms. Power Vision is showing some knock at 100% KPA in the rear cylinder. I let DL adjust it then, Then I did another DL run. I'm getting less pining, like half as much.
I let DL adjust it again then I went back and pulled .25* from 2k to 4.5k in 80, 90, and 100 KPA in the front and .50* in the rear in the same areas.
I've yet to try the tune out, but I hope to see much improvement or hear/see no spark knock

Old 10-05-2013, 06:50 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Here are two questions for you guys. Why does a good tune all of the sudden go bad, as far as no spark knock then a lot? Secondly, Why am I hearing pinging, and my power vision showed none?
Thank you for any reply to this

Old 10-05-2013, 06:51 PM
46u
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one have any experince with the Power Vision Black Visor and quick release? Does it hold up well and secure the PV well?
Thanks
Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-1994.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
MegaImagen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 46u
Any one have any experince with the Power Vision Black Visor and quick release? Does it hold up well and secure the PV well?
Thanks
Jeff
It work perfectly!

Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stailjim61
Ain't nuttin wrong with tinkering. Just keep a copy of the good map....and tinker away.
OK...I couldn't stand it and went tinkerin'.

I enabled closed loop and leaned out my cruising area just to see if my temps would stay low and if my mpgs would improve without a drop in power.

It worked! I'm getting 39mpg, temps are the same, and my butt dyno hasn't noticed a drop in power when I hit the throttle at 75mph.

Back in the fray.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:19 PM
46u
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MegaImagen
It work perfectly!
Being my rig (motorcycle with sidecar) is my only transportation like most of my 44 years of none stop riding it will be nice to be able to take it off when I am grocery shopping, doctor appointments and other times.
Thanks
Jeff

Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,349 Likes on 5,493 Posts

Originally Posted by 46u
Thanks
Jeff
I added the visor but found it really did little to nothing.
The clip works fine I take mine on and off a lot no problems with it yet
Name:  100_0955_zps18a21b81.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  98.6 KB

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread