Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 AM
12Iron883
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been reading and tinkering with my new Power Vision and I after doing a ton of reading and searches but I still have a few questions. All I have done to bike is Slip ons and high flow A/F so far.

Which map is best to start autotune from? The Original Map or a base downloaded map from PV? What I have done so far is take the spark advance from the PV tune and incorporate it into the original map. Should I be doing this or is the original map going to offset everything I am doing with the temp sensor adjustments anyways?

Old 08-25-2013, 08:02 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 12Iron883
I have been reading and tinkering with my new Power Vision and I after doing a ton of reading and searches but I still have a few questions. All I have done to bike is Slip ons and high flow A/F so far.

Which map is best to start autotune from? The Original Map or a base downloaded map from PV? What I have done so far is take the spark advance from the PV tune and incorporate it into the original map. Should I be doing this or is the original map going to offset everything I am doing with the temp sensor adjustments anyways?
If your PV download map is for Stage 1 (mufflers and A/F) then I would use that...it should be closer, and you seem to prefer that timing anyway.

You can work from the original map if you prefer, but it will most likely take more runs to get to a final tune.

Not sure what you did with temp sensor settings, but if changes were made to the PV download, the original map will over ride the changes if you go back to it. You can adjust either manually.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Boston Chris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing

After using log tuner for timing, i have seen it said to run some VE tunes again to re adjust ( ill call it ) your VE tables to the new timing map. My question is why? How does timing play a role with respect to the VE? My thought process was that they act independant of one another. But if im seeing it said to run VE tunes again.....how do VE and timing maps interact with one another? What are the effects they play on one another and what is the effect if you dont run more VE runs after timing adjustments?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 AM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 12Iron883

Either map will be fine. However, leave the timing alone. How long have you been running the St1 set up? What tune have you been using with the St1 set up? Go back and do some reading before you get started doing any AT runs. If you're messing with timing before the VE's are calibrated you need to read up a bit and get a better understanding of what's going on.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Oilsmoke
Cruiser
Default Timing

So Does anyone use a octane booster to help with there timing.
Before I had power vision One very hot afternoon ride, 115 degree + on the air temp gauge, Freeway Speed at around 80 mph, 2 up and I had my one and only ping event I have heard. Since than I run Lucas octane booster.
I live 4200 plus altitude. So if stock timing is little to high at sea level it can be better up here in the rockys.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oilsmoke
So Does anyone use a octane booster to help with there timing.
Before I had power vision One very hot afternoon ride, 115 degree + on the air temp gauge, Freeway Speed at around 80 mph, 2 up and I had my one and only ping event I have heard. Since than I run Lucas octane booster.
I live 4200 plus altitude. So if stock timing is little to high at sea level it can be better up here in the rockys.
Not me. The only time I use it when I get some really crap gas or to increase my mpg when on a road trip.

Last edited by Delta; 08-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Oilsmoke
Cruiser
Default Delta you are

Delta I just did the cli and aff with .976 setting and both stayed at 100.0
so I am going to set it .977 and rerun it.

I will say it ran very well there, But than is open loop with them at 100 percent right?
I test it at .977 in a few minutes and post back.

where are you running enleanment multiplier at?

Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oilsmoke
Delta I just did the cli and aff with .976 setting and both stayed at 100.0
so I am going to set it .977 and rerun it.

I will say it ran very well there, But than is open loop with them at 100 percent right?
I test it at .977 in a few minutes and post back.

where are you running enleanment multiplier at?
You have now proven to yourself that when you set lambda to .976 or below it will stay in open loop. On the AFR bikes the switch is anything below 14.6. The AFF and CLI gauges might display some other number depending where they are when open loop is called for. Whatever the number is, you will notice that it doesn't change until you enter closed loop again.

I never changed my Deceleration Enleanment Multiplier, it is set at 1. I make any changes with the Deceleration Enleanment table. I only decreased all values by 10% to get rid of a little popping I had on decleration. My popping was probably a result of having the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 headpipes and CVO Mufflers, a more free flowing setup. A totally stock exhaust system probably hides the minor popping from gases igniting in the pipes.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Oilsmoke
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Delta
You have now proven to yourself that when you set lambda to .976 or below it will stay in open loop. On the AFR bikes the switch is anything below 14.6. The AFF and CLI gauges might display some other number depending where they are when open loop is called for. Whatever the number is, you will notice that it doesn't change until you enter closed loop again.

I never changed my Deceleration Enleanment Multiplier, it is set at 1. I make any changes with the Deceleration Enleanment table. I only decreased all values by 10% to get rid of a little popping I had on decleration. My popping was probably a result of having the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 headpipes and CVO Mufflers, a more free flowing setup. A totally stock exhaust system probably hides the minor popping from gases igniting in the pipes.

I drop the multiplier to .95 a few day ago, it help some but I have a little pop here and there so I will drop .92 see if that helps.
And I richen the 20 Kpa vertical Colum alittle .939 1500 rpm to 4000 area.
Really liken the feel of the throttle. Temps drop to 248 ish .

Old 08-25-2013, 06:41 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power vision

I was reading today about adjust timing etc !!
And I see tables that show SPARK KNOCK
but when I look at my tune in winpv I do not see this under Spark section!!
Can anybody tell me why.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread