Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 04:51 PM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here it is if anyone can interpret what it says...lol

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-fatbob-tune.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 05:10 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RJHD
Here it is if anyone can interpret what it says...lol
The redish colored cells indicate the closed loop section of the map (values from .976-1.013). The other values are all richer AFR's. If you click the Stochiometric box you can see the actual AFR's.

What did you use for a base map?

Old 06-23-2013, 05:42 PM
tcrideshd
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue finding the log file I clicked on and can't seem to find log tuner,, is there any of the PV literate guys in the Memphis area I'm not good with written instructions need to be shown. By the way thanks I was able to get my tune compared. All were within the +-5% range. On my last 2 at runs. Checking those with the tune Jamie sent there was quite a bit of adjustments done

Old 06-23-2013, 06:24 PM
RJHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by nhrider1
The redish colored cells indicate the closed loop section of the map (values from .976-1.013). The other values are all richer AFR's. If you click the Stochiometric box you can see the actual AFR's.

What did you use for a base map?
Used a map that Dynojet recommended. I didn't buy the PV from FuelMoto.

It would be great to have a YouTube video on using auto tune. Heck, I would even pay for one that was well done. Something that explains visually how to run basic auto tune, load it into WinPV and how to interpret the basics so one could tune their bike easily without having to learn tuning.

I watched all of dynojet's videos and as good as they are, they aren't tutorials. Even the one on using auto tune leaves out a few critical steps that for someone who's never used the PV before, confuses the heck out of them.

The bike is running great. It's a 2012 Fat Bob 103. All I have is a set of Rush slip ons and a heavy breather. I have some decel pop that I would love to get rid of. It's not a lot, but annoys me a little.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:29 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It would be great to have a YouTube video on using auto tune. Heck, I would even pay for one that was well done. Something that explains visually how to run basic auto tune, load it into WinPV and how to interpret the basics so one could tune their bike easily without having to learn tuning.

I watched all of dynojet's videos and as good as they are, they aren't tutorials. Even the one on using auto tune leaves out a few critical steps that for someone who's never used the PV before, confuses the heck out of them.

The bike is running great. It's a 2012 Fat Bob 103. All I have is a set of Rush slip ons and a heavy breather. I have some decel pop that I would love to get rid of. It's not a lot, but annoys me a little.
Send a copy of your auto-tuned map to pvtech(at)dynojet.com and asked them to help with your decel popping. They were able to get rid of mine completely by advancing timing in the low rpm range and adjusting my AFR table. They usually respond within a few days.

Good luck.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:31 PM
RJHD
Tourer

Does the map I posted look like it should after an hour of basic auto tuning?

Old 06-23-2013, 06:42 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

You are correct, there seems to be something left out of most of the documentation and videos.

AFR's are from your base map. Autotune does not change these values...so they are fixed unless you manually change them.

What you really want to compare is VE's. Keep running autotunes until the deltas from your last two tunes are less than 5%. I outlined this a couple of times today in this forum.

Things should continue to get better with each autotune. When you have completed this process, if you still have decel popping, there are other ways to deal with it.

Last edited by nhrider1; 06-23-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
RJHD
Tourer

Hey, thanks for your patience.

Read through those and did as you suggested. I've got around 12 boxes that are over 3.0% delta on the front cylinder and 15 on the rear cylinder.

Most are over 15% throttle position. Does this mean, as I continue to run auto tunes, I should try and run with the throttle open more than 15%?

And if so, any tips on how to get off a speeding ticket when I get pulled over?..lol

Old 06-23-2013, 08:26 PM
cbrown@woods.net
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the map I posted look like it should after an hour of basic auto tuning?
What you posted is the fuel/air table, that is a _TARGET_ table telling the computer what you WANT the mix to be.

Auto-Tuning adjusts the VE tables... The VE tables are the map of how the engine moves air. The system finds out the target from the AFR table, it uses the VE tables to figure out exactly how much fuel to deliver to hit that target.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:58 AM
RJHD
Tourer

Understood. I wasn't in "pro" mode and couldn't find the VE tables. Found them and the results are above. Is it possible (or really neccessary) to get ALL cells below 3-5% difference from the previous tune?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread