Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Harleyhiker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
need help.. finally connected my PV to my bike after several months having it... unit is married and i did update the frimware... i went for a 10 min ride and wanted to try to see the logs... i cannot see the all the options as described in the Log user manual and create a PVV file using my WinPV software.. all i see in column for Air flow icon is as well as create the file so i can open the logs from the log viewer program.
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT,IDLE RPM,IDLE RPM adder.. i do not see selection as per below instructions...

Create a "Power Vision Value File" (.pvv). The .pvv file needs to contain the
following
• VE Front
• VE Rear
• Spark Advance Front
• Spark Advance Rear
• Set AFR table (Lambda/Stoich)

what am i doing incorrectly ?
I would like to get familiar more with the PV before i complete my Stage 1 AC and power duals and slip ons...

You need to go into the WinPV sofware, select "setup" at the top, then "options" then change the user level to "Pro".. This will expand your options..

Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I've had the AT-100 on-board for two years working in tandem with the PCV, and just yesterday installed the long cable and J-1850 splitter to enable PV logging of Lambda values. Before close scrutiny I'm getting a correct-appearing CSV log file using the 13 parameters outlined in the PV Log Tuner PDF, but when I try to "Calc Tune" in PV Tune I only get zeroes in all tables under the Tuning Table section thus created. Anyone else having this problem?

OTOH when scrutinized in detail the log doesn't look as expected. In the cruise range I'm seeing Lambda values of 1.0 or thereabouts, as expected, but as more throttle is given the values are higher than they should be. For example at WOT I should be seeing Lambda values of ~.89, but they are variable, usually around .94 and not very consistent from once occurrence to another. I had all RPMs at 80-100% TP set to 13.0 (Lambda ~.89) in the PCV-AT Target AFR tables. I can email my PVV, CSV, and even the old PCV map that was imported into the PV tune to anyone who wants to look at them.

Also, the default stoich value in the PV Tune software is 14.6, but if I'm going to be running E10 should this be changed to 14.16?

Last edited by iclick; 05-29-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Power Vision Log Tuner is now available!

The Power Vision Log Tuner application allows users to fine tune their calibration with or without a dyno. It utilizes the Power Vision unit as a powerful data logging device along with an easy to use software application to create your tune. The PV Log Tuner software uses your logs and PV value files to create corrected VE and Spark tables based on O2 sensor and knock retard events. The Power Vision log tuner software is free and incorporates two powerful tuning platforms:

Power Vision Log Tuner Basic - uses the factory O2 sensors

Power Vision Log Tuner Pro - uses the Dynojet Dual channel Auto Tune module with Bosch Wideband sensors

We will be putting together a video tutorial as well as some additional tips and pointers for using this excellent tuning tool next week. We have been using the Basic and Pro applications extensively and can assist users with any questions that come up along the way.

You can download the Power Vision Log tuner software and user guide from our website at www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

More to come...
We will be putting together a video tutorial as well as some additional tips and pointers for using this excellent tuning tool next week. We have been using the Basic and Pro applications extensively and can assist users with any questions that come up along the way.

Hi Jamie.. has the video come out yet... i was tooling around my my PV today finally... i wanted to try the Basic Tuner... from the Gauges ICON and Data Log ICON.. which is used to select what we want to LOG ? I tried to follow the LOG tuner instructions, was able to load a LOG but from the Data Log Icon... how do i select what i want to log from the list ? IS this only done from the PV unit or WinPV ? i thought you would have to highlight what you want to log, but i wasnt able to select more than one from the Datalog Icon and data log lobal list... do i delete what i dont want or log everything on the list ?
ok.. i know.. i'm slow.... looked easy by reading the threads...
I want to be able to try the NB auto tune feature with stock 02 Sensors...

Last edited by papifun; 05-29-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:17 AM
aclundwall
Cruiser

Originally Posted by iclick
Could all of you with a mounted PV compare the speed you are showing on (1) the bike's speedometer, (2) VSS signal (vehicle speed seen by the ECM/PV) on the PV in the gauge section, and (3) your GPS if you have one? Be careful and don't have a wreck looking at three different gauges while you're riding!!!

I have my speedometer set with the GPS, which I assume is correct, and VSS shows 2-3% slower than the speedometer. This is a problem because the way DJ is programming the MPG-gauge accuracy in the latest beta FW is to use a new parameter called "MPG calibration." This adjusts not MPG directly as it suggests but rather the fuel-used parameter. The beta-FW now has this new calibration available from the PV only (i.e. not WinPV), and when you tweak this and the Speedometer Calibration you will have a correct MPG reading.

The problem is that on my bike if I adjust Speedometer Calibration for MPG the speedometer will not be correct. VSS (changeable with Speedometer Calibration) is 2-3% slower than my bike's speedometer and both are changed with the Speedometer Calibration.

Y'all please check yours and let me know, as I'm trying to convince DJ that doing it this way is a bad idea. If everyone's bike is like mine you will have to choose two out of three gauges to be accurate, as you can't have all three.
The wife and I went for a ride today, and I put the VSS in one of the spaces on the six-parameter screen. At an indicated (by the speedometer needle) 70 mph, the VSS parameter read 67.11 mph. Sorry, I don't have a GPS... But I think there's a speedometer app for the iPhone. If I can figure a way to mount the phone so I can see it while riding, I'll check that as well.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:55 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

On my reply #472 above, I figured out the problem. I was using Warm-up Fuel AFR (Lambda) instead of Warm-up Fuel AFR (Ratio), which is required for my '07 that uses AFR in the AFR (Stoich) tables.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser

Originally Posted by papifun

Hi Jamie.. has the video come out yet... i was tooling around my my PV today finally... i wanted to try the Basic Tuner... from the Gauges ICON and Data Log ICON.. which is used to select what we want to LOG ? I tried to follow the LOG tuner instructions, was able to load a LOG but from the Data Log Icon... how do i select what i want to log from the list ? IS this only done from the PV unit or WinPV ? i thought you would have to highlight what you want to log, but i wasnt able to select more than one from the Datalog Icon and data log lobal list... do i delete what i dont want or log everything on the list ?
ok.. i know.. i'm slow.... looked easy by reading the threads...
I want to be able to try the NB auto tune feature with stock 02 Sensors...
You select what parameters you want logged from the PV unit itself. From the main screen, go to data logging, then pick Signals. From that screen, you can add or delete parameters to be logged. I think they are ALL selected by default, and if I remember correctly, I had to delete the ones I didn't want.

Last edited by aclundwall; 05-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 PM
MJ-13000
Tourer

I have downloaded the WinPV and the PV Log Tuner in order to understand and see the software work-without the purchasing the PV yet.
I have Rush slip-ons and like the sound-but have been getting decel popping. Checked everything for tightness-still getting it-kinda bothersome!

From what I read..(apologies for my condensed version)

Power Vision hooked to bike> PowerVision set to logging mode>After test run, plug unit into computer and open DYnoJet Power Vision WinPV software.
From Power Vision Log file generated on the test run I would then create The Power Vision Value File (.PVV) with the five settings that affect "spark and fuel".
Then open Power Vision Log Tuner and import log file in
For a 2011 Fat Boy Lo-I think I would choose Log Tuner Basic (H-D OEM o2 sensors)?
Open the PVV file with the five settings and then click on "Calculate"-this will calculate the new V/E, spark values and AFR that was logged>then click "Apply Tune" and then click "Save"
Open up DynoJet Power Vision WinPV and import/load the new corrected values (VE, spark and AFR) and then re-flash the ECM?

Did I understand all of that correctly?

Decel popping solved?

I just want to tweak what I have (Rush slip-ons) as well as plan for the future -new A/C and maybe new pipes..but for right now, pretty happy with what I run.

Questions:
1.) With the logged data transferred into the PV Log Tuner and clicking "calculate"-Will the data be brought into "acceptable" and "correct" ranges"?
I have concerns of entering incorrect values and doing damage.

2.) Would using the "wide band sensor" setting in Power Vision Log Tuner would give me more of a range throughout the bikes operating range?

thanks for the help in advance and thanks to all who are running this and posting valuable info on this product!

This unit is at the top of my list for fuel management!

Subscribed!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:45 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser

I think you have the process pretty will nailed down... One thing you didn't mention is resetting the trim data prior to creating log files. If I understand this correctly, you want to delete this data so that the ECM doesn't apply the settings from the adaptive control while you're gathering data. You want the logs to be gathered while the ECM is using the exact same settings as what is contained in the value files.

And I think it will do you no good to use the wideband settings if you don't have the wideband sensors. I don't think it will gather any data outside of closed loop operation if you're using the NB sensors.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It seems like quite a process, but once you've done it once, it's a breeze. I'm going out now to test my new map, and create a new logfile for round 2. This is getting good! -Steevo-

Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Harleyhiker
Novice

I am by far no expert, but seems to me all you are doing with the Stock 02 sensors and log tune is leaning out your motor.. IMO ya it's fun to play with log tune, but not sure I am too inclined to take fuel away from my VE tables, especially in the 2800-4000 rpm range.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread