Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

I would avoid tweaking the timing tables until you have tried at least 3-4 autotunes. If you are running 93 octane consistently I think you'll find that autotuning will eliminate most if not all pinging.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:03 PM
kranky
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AT glitche loading file. "preparing ECM failed". I have to power down and retry. Sometimes it takes 3 tries to go thru. This is not flashing a tune, but enabling AT.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kranky
AT glitche loading file. "preparing ECM failed". I have to power down and retry. Sometimes it takes 3 tries to go thru. This is not flashing a tune, but enabling AT.

Call DynoJet.

Mine does that if I have the kill switch off.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:57 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Stupid question about auto tune. So I am compairing my FM base map with my 14th auto tune run and the only change is the front and rear VE's? Everything else is the same.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Boston Chris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Stupid question about auto tune. So I am compairing my FM base map with my 14th auto tune run and the only change is the front and rear VE's? Everything else is the same.
Yes sir that us all your going to see changes too if you left the AT setup as default settings.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Try using the Quick Tune feature. It doesn't permanently change the tune. You target specific load areas. I would reduce the High Load area by a few degrees first and see how it runs. If you still have ping, do the same thing to the Med Load area. Easy enough to experiment with to gauge immediate results.

Taken from the manual: "Quick Tune allows you to alter the last tune flashed to the vehicle's ECM without requiring a computer and WinPV software."

Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Thanks guys. I didn't want to screw something up. I finally was able to send my latest run to FM in hopes to get a better map to tune from. Goimg to be putting a few thousand miles on it in a few weeks.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:01 AM
Darke_peak
Advanced

Originally Posted by Darke_peak
Does anybody know if you can access a locked tune? I got my bike dyno tuned with the power vision and I have since tried to view the tune on WinPV (by getting tune) from the PV. WinPV won't let me import it, says the tune is locked.

I haven't talked to the dyno guy to see why it is locked, but I presume he believes he owns the "tune", I'm just allowed to use it.
Bump...... Hoping someone can provide some insight.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 PM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default spark adjust by air/engine/head tables

Anyone have any insight to these three tables in the Timing section? On the surface, it seems if a bike tends to ping when hot, then proper settings here might help address the problem by pulling timing in those conditions. There are values in air temp and head temp, but only zeros in engine temp.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Boston Chris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mcw999
Anyone have any insight to these three tables in the Timing section? On the surface, it seems if a bike tends to ping when hot, then proper settings here might help address the problem by pulling timing in those conditions. There are values in air temp and head temp, but only zeros in engine temp.
The air temp table is what it says it is. i cant remember where it gets its reading from. Maybe IAT. head temp is engine temp on newer bikes. So i assume your bike is newer than like an 07 or 08. I think that is when it switched over might be even earlier. Some one with an 07 or 08 can answer that. It does not use the engine temp if so and that is why zeros in engine temp table. I have a 2012 and my tables are like you stated.

Sometime back in the thread there are some posts about using these tables after you get your VE and timing set up. Then when the weather gets hot use the air and head temp tables to fine tune for summer conditions if ping comes on with the hot weather. i wish i could remember who it was that posted the info. It would make it easier to find.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread