Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Boston Chris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strobe
Great collection of information in this thread. Picked up the Powervision a little over a week ago. Bike is running very well after AT runs. And I've been able to get rid of most of the decel pop. Still reading and rereading thru all this.

Question, What does the abbreviation CDE refer to ?

Ok i cant spell it but i will try my best.....Charge Dillution effect....it is exhaust reversion.

Some have made changes to it some have not. i dont think for the most part it needs to be changed for most aplications but some here have had good results i believe.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 PM
tcrideshd
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok after making an autotune run I need to load the tune again or is this done as im running it?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tcrideshd
Ok after making an autotune run I need to load the tune again or is this done as im running it?

You need to "export" the tune, then load it back in. This can be done as many times as you want to get the best balanced tune. It all depends on how **** you are

You don't actually run the autotune until you load it after the export. The autotune run only creates the map.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Anyone know what was in the latest PV firmware upgrade released over the weekend? I updated my current maps and did a compare and did find anything different. Where can you go to read what uopgrades there are to each version?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:36 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Anyone know what was in the latest PV firmware upgrade released over the weekend? I updated my current maps and did a compare and did find anything different. Where can you go to read what uopgrades there are to each version?
I'll have to check when I get home......

If it was a firmware upgrade, this does not change your maps. Firmware is the software the PV uses.

The website lists 2.0.0-1197 as the latest firmware version 10/29/2012.

Here's the history

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...FW_Read_Me.pdf

Old 06-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

I downloaded it last night. It has a version date of 6/6/13 and I believe the last 4 digits was 1252.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter5074
I'll have to check when I get home......

If it was a firmware upgrade, this does not change your maps. Firmware is the software the PV uses.

The website lists 2.0.0-1197 as the latest firmware version 10/29/2012.

Here's the history

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...FW_Read_Me.pdf

Some of the updates have made previously un accessible tables accessible. I think that was what heatwave was inquiring.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Lancemchn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-posting from the Touring section...

So I installed the FM107 awhile ago, went back and forth with FM a couple times and then had it tuned locally. (an hour and a half away) The problem I'm having now with temps getting warmer is some serious pinging especially under load and below 3k RPMs. Engine temps are running between 260-280 with 80 degree temps and in stop and go hitting 300. Seems way high to me and I can definitely feel the motor between my legs being hotter. I'm looking to try some other maps even though I had it tuned already. My tuner said he'd make it right but I have a trip coming up and can't get in soon enough to have it tweaked. My set-up is the 107 with TW-555 cams, Big Boys Street heads, open K&N filter with backing plate, PowerVision and true duals w/ 4" Rineharts. My email is lfkwende@comcast.net if anyone can help me out. I'm thinking the timing may need to be retarded but not savy enough with WinPV to mess with it myself. Need to get this fixed before I do any real damage. Appreciate in advance...

Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lancemchn
Re-posting from the Touring section...

So I installed the FM107 awhile ago, went back and forth with FM a couple times and then had it tuned locally. (an hour and a half away) The problem I'm having now with temps getting warmer is some serious pinging especially under load and below 3k RPMs. Engine temps are running between 260-280 with 80 degree temps and in stop and go hitting 300. Seems way high to me and I can definitely feel the motor between my legs being hotter. I'm looking to try some other maps even though I had it tuned already. My tuner said he'd make it right but I have a trip coming up and can't get in soon enough to have it tweaked. My set-up is the 107 with TW-555 cams, Big Boys Street heads, open K&N filter with backing plate, PowerVision and true duals w/ 4" Rineharts. My email is lfkwende@comcast.net if anyone can help me out. I'm thinking the timing may need to be retarded but not savy enough with WinPV to mess with it myself. Need to get this fixed before I do any real damage. Appreciate in advance...

Contact dynojet. I was having trouble with pings at around 3K. I also was not comfortable with WinPV to mess with the maps. They retarded the spark in a curve in the 3K range and it stopped pinging. Took them 3 tries to nail it.

Have you tried doing some autotune runs? That might actually be all you need.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You could load the map you have then go to quick tune then timing and retard the med load by 3* and see if it helps.

Last edited by Crazylegs; 06-19-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread