Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Boston Chris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct. EITMS tries to keep the temp from rising...or at least slow it down. It doesn't cool.

250 to 275 is about right for operating temp. Depends on ambient temp and how much cooling air is flowing over the motor. If the bikes not moving, or moving very slowly things get hot. I've been stuck in traffic at Laconia and things get uncomfortably hot in short order.[/quote]

Laconia....now there is a traffic jam and a half. I dont know how long you have had your powervision so take this question with a grain of salt....

If you are monitoring your temp, what are you seeing in the hottest sumer month for ET with your PV? Im just curious. I have not had a summer with mine yet.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Moneywoes
Can someone explain what the purpose of these checkable boxes on the WinPV menu tree are for. When would you check them and what would you do once you had checked them. It appears to me I can make changes to a table wheather I've checked this box or not?

Hopefully theres a JPEG showing what I'm talking about.
Thanks
Those are for use when saving a value file or reading in specific values from a saved value file. For example, for use with Log Tuner, you'd normally save a value file with you VEs, AFR, and Timing values.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
PIGGI
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laconia....now there is a traffic jam and a half. I dont know how long you have had your powervision so take this question with a grain of salt....

If you are monitoring your temp, what are you seeing in the hottest sumer month for ET with your PV? Im just curious. I have not had a summer with mine yet.[/QUOTE]

I saw 356 last week climbing to 7000 ft @ 25 mph, temp over 90

Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Darke_peak
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeffJA
I've done AT after AT and cant seem to get rid of some decel and in between shift popping, i have no exhaust or intake leaks, i dont know how to adjust things on the PV from my desktop, ive even tried an AT on a fuelmoto map i have..
I'm no expert so I will stand corrected, but here is how I understand it:
AT wont necessarily fix decel popping. By chance it might but don't expect it to. If you are using AT basic (narrowband sensors) it sets the AFR table at about 14.6 for the AT process. So it is possible to have decel popping when running AT and have no decel popping when running normally. Only seek to make changes if you have decel popping when NOT running AT. Learn to use WinPV on the computer. There are two ways to address decel popping on WinPV, either decrease the "decel enleanment" value for all the normal operating temps, or decrease the AFR values on the left side of the table (except the idle rpm range). If you have decel popping at all or most rpm ranges then try adjusting the decel enleanment first. If you have decel popping just in a small rpm range, then adjust the left side of the AFR table for the affected rpm ranges first.

If you don't want to learn WInPV, then you can increase the fuel across the whole decel range using quick tune. Go into quick tune, then to fuel tab, then increase fuel % in the decel box. Just try it in 5% increments. I've never done this, but INCREaSING this should be the same as DECrEaSiNG the Stoich value in the left side of the AFR table.

Finally, increasing fuel (richer) should have a better chance of fixing the decel popping, but it is possible that making it leaner will also fix it. Just make adjustments of 5-10% at a time.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Darke_peak
Advanced

Originally Posted by goats
i really dont care what my VE graph looks like but i am wondering if CDE (charge dilution effect) is something a person can feel.

i am finding things smooth below 2000 rpm and after 2500 rpm and 2800 seems to be the smoothest. 2200-2400 not smooth, can feel it and see it in my mirrors.... this is consistent in most gears.

the rough areas seem to be around the peaks on my graph and the smooth 2800 seems to be the bottom of a valley (not sure if it is related).

is this something i would use CDE to address, and if so how should i go about doing that?
Hey goats, I am also curious about CDE. The base tune I was using after I got cams fitted had a big flat spot area (or rough area) in low rpm under acceleration. Like taking off from a standing start. I then got a custom tune from Dynojet and it was so much better. The two differences between the tunes were CDE and spark advance. The spark advance differences were relatively minor vs the change in CDE.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 AM
kranky
Advanced

I could use some general interpretation on my AT results. I do not understand the color coding on my VE tables. I have done 8 AT runs and applied the results each time. The riding was highway, town, and some hot rodding. I slow rolled the throttle on and off in all gears quit a bit. On win pv I compared my original FM tune to the last AT file, and did a delta. My front cyl VE delta looks basically blue....while the rear cyl VE looks basically green. Now the really confusing part is that the same number -5.5 for example is a different color on the graph.
Green on one and blue on the other while the color scale for the graphs is the same. How does that work. Thanks, Kranky.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Darke_peak
Advanced

Originally Posted by kranky
I could use some general interpretation on my AT results. I do not understand the color coding on my VE tables. I have done 8 AT runs and applied the results each time. The riding was highway, town, and some hot rodding. I slow rolled the throttle on and off in all gears quit a bit. On win pv I compared my original FM tune to the last AT file, and did a delta. My front cyl VE delta looks basically blue....while the rear cyl VE looks basically green. Now the really confusing part is that the same number -5.5 for example is a different color on the graph.
Green on one and blue on the other while the color scale for the graphs is the same. How does that work. Thanks, Kranky.
Are you sure the color scale is the same between the VE front delta and the VE rear delta? The color scale auto adjusts to the highest and lowest values. Red is the highest positive delta value and blue is the lowest negative delta value. So unless you have fluked it and your max and min VE deltas are identical between front and rear, then you may see different colors for the same value on the two different tables/graphs.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 PM
kranky
Advanced

Originally Posted by Darke_peak
Are you sure the color scale is the same between the VE front delta and the VE rear delta? The color scale auto adjusts to the highest and lowest values. Red is the highest positive delta value and blue is the lowest negative delta value. So unless you have fluked it and your max and min VE deltas are identical between front and rear, then you may see different colors for the same value on the two different tables/graphs.

OK on closer inspection, I see that the indexes are slightly different. Wow! It seems like they have gone out of their way to make this more difficult than it needs to be.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Boston Chris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PIGGI

If you are monitoring your temp, what are you seeing in the hottest sumer month for ET with your PV? Im just curious. I have not had a summer with mine yet.
I saw 356 last week climbing to 7000 ft @ 25 mph, temp over 90[/quote]

356???? wow. That is the highest i have ever heard of a bike running. Kinda shocking to me but it might be normal in your area of the country.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

There comes a point that the electronics take the fun out of the ride. I ditch the PV into saddle bag and ride..... These modern bikes run just fine at hotter temps then we often percive. However I worried at one time to its all part of the learning curve.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread