Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4
I do agree with you about DJ needing to develop a how to tune your bike from scratch instructions similar to TTS. Any progress on that front?
I understand they're working on a real manual, and Jamie is writing a tutorial on setting-up the AT-100 and running PV Tune. When I hear more I'll pass it along.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:03 PM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i for one can't wait. When I called DJ for tuning how-to info they said to have the dyno operator do step runs but use the map value in lieu of throttle position. The dyno guy said whaaaaat is a step test! Give me the use of my AT100. Please soon.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

This long for AT-100 I have to wonder how long after that for the Basic? Happening slower than I thought it would.

I need some tweeks for sure I have roll on pinging.

I need to do some data collection and see if I can figure this out I am going to end calling fuel moto before to long.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:44 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sam2010
This long for AT-100 I have to wonder how long after that for the Basic? Happening slower than I thought it would.

I need to do some data collection and see if I can figure this out I am going to end calling fuel moto before to long.
Datalog for knock retard front and rear and see what it shows. If you are detonating it should tell you where so you can adjust. The AT-100 only shows the Lambda signal, AFAIK.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:33 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010

Sam2010,

Just curious as to what you are running. Did you do any engine work, cams?

As a general comment, I am a TTS user, but I think the solution you are looking for is the same. I run a FM 107 build, but I started with a canned TTS map, not from Fuel Moto. As I followed the process in the TTS manual, I developed a timing curve custom for each cylinder. Not only did knocking get tuned out, I believe I found a significant performance improvement; at least that is what my butt dyno says. I like the fact the process develops a curve custom to your individual bike. No doubt PV can do the same.

Short story long, if the PV documentation does not yet provide a good tutorial on setting your timing, then refer to the TTS manual.

I'm still following this PV thread with interest. Lots of potential here!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:53 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can a person d/l a TTS manual?
thx

Old 05-21-2011, 09:41 AM
dropone
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captdave221
Where can a person d/l a TTS manual?
thx
http://www.mastertune.net/files/calibrations.asp

Last edited by dropone; 05-21-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the pointers to the TTS manual - let the fun begin!

In the image below I am comparing the AFR tables from my FM map for my CAM addition to my 'stock' tune. The purple area shows where the AFR for the FM map has been reduced from 14.6 to 14.5. According to the TTS manual this change has dramatically reduced the region in my map that I am running in closed loop.

Am I reading this correctly? Is a setting of 14.5 in the AFR table indicating open loop operation?

Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ratbob
In the image below I am comparing the AFR tables from my FM map for my CAM addition to my 'stock' tune. The purple area shows where the AFR for the FM map has been reduced from 14.6 to 14.5. According to the TTS manual this change has dramatically reduced the region in my map that I am running in closed loop.
I can't see any image. Can anyone else?

Am I reading this correctly? Is a setting of 14.5 in the AFR table indicating open loop operation?
That's correct.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I can't see any image. Can anyone else?
Might be because I had that album set as private, I changed it to public. The image is here.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread