Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
JeffKill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMCsteve
Hi guys, this might be a dumb/lazy question but is there a quick link to the latest autotune documentation and firmware? I havent done mine since autotune was just in beta.

I searched through the thread but with over 400 pages I couldnt find the current info.

thanks in advance
-Steve
Everything you need can be found here:
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...Power%20Vision

Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKill
Everything you need can be found here:
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...Power%20Vision

exactly what i needed. thank you!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Ok, I read till I got an headache and have most the stuff I need, I downloaded the stuff from Moto that JeffKill posted and I am down to one question.

I bought the Power Commander 5 and the Auto tune add on, I did not buy the Power Vision, and am under the understanding I don't need it for me.

I am wondering how you keep the original map in case it's needed??

Can you do the same stuff as the Power Vision only on a laptop computer??

Ok.Ok. two questions.

TIA

al

Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Ok, I read till I got an headache and have most the stuff I need, I downloaded the stuff from Moto that JeffKill posted and I am down to one question.

I bought the Power Commander 5 and the Auto tune add on, I did not buy the Power Vision, and am under the understanding I don't need it for me.

I am wondering how you keep the original map in case it's needed??

Can you do the same stuff as the Power Vision only on a laptop computer??

Ok.Ok. two questions.

TIA

al

The PC V is a piggy back unit and doesn't write to the ECM so the map on the ECM doesn't change. All the programing is done on the PC V itself, then it fools the ECM into doing what you want is my understanding. That is the way the PC III worked which is what I had before the PV.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Watchfuliz
The PC V is a piggy back unit and doesn't write to the ECM so the map on the ECM doesn't change. All the programing is done on the PC V itself, then it fools the ECM into doing what you want is my understanding. That is the way the PC III worked which is what I had before the PV.

Thanks much.

Al

Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Watchfuliz
So I got a note from Jamie at FM a week or so back and he said we needed to address my map after the Dynojet rep made some changes via remote PC link. I don't know what needed to be address and I have not heard back from him yet either.

I did some data logs and I still have some knock events, but I don't hear any pinging. Most of the knock events are 2* or less on the front cylinder only in the 60 kpa column from 1750 to 2750 rpm. I had one 7* pull, but it was getting pretty warm in stop and go when that happened so I think that was just an anomaly.

Question is, what is considered a minor knock event and what is considered a major knock event? What should I ignore and what should I worry about trying to fix? I have done auto tunes and I have done Log Tuner tunes. Both say my VE's are no more that 2-3 off so the VE's are dialed in and when using Log Tuner it doesn't ever want to pull more that point 2 or point 3 degrees of timing in a few places.

I have created several new tunes using the Lot Tuner allowing it to pull those small amounts of timing, but I still keep getting the knock events in the same places. I even allowed it to readjust the VE tables in the last two Log Tuner maps, but no real change in knock events and again the VE table changes were less than the 5%.
Maybe FM has something to tell you about the changes that will affect the pinging.

To me, pinging is pinging. Any amount needs to be addressed. I don't consider the severity in degrees. I want it all gone.

Could this be a false retard from the ion sensing?

Try taking it out closed loop and run a log in open loop at say 14.0. Do the knock retards disappear?

Do the retards happen every time you're in this map and rpm? Or is 1 out of 20 times (example)?

Does the retard show during steady cruise or when you get on the throttle? If it's when you get on the throttle (log should show map increase), would a slight increase in AE help knock it down?

I don't know all the answers but maybe knowing this would help FM with diagnosing the retards.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by goats
when i look at a pvv log for spark i see positive and negative numbers as well as a few zeros

do the zeros mean no change, positive numbers represent advance and negative numbers represent timing pulled ?
You shouldn't be seeing any timing being added. The system is designed, as far as I know, to pull timing when a knock is detected. I'm not aware of any way the system can add timing. Are you sure you're looking at the timing and not the VE's?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
ssmith579
Tourer

Where can I find the Spark adjust by Air Temp table? That's not one that I've seen in WinPV.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ssmith579
Where can I find the Spark adjust by Air Temp table? That's not one that I've seen in WinPV.
In the winpv software open options and make sure to set it to pro mode, then you should be able to see it. It will be in the spark directory listed as spark by air temp or engine temp or head temp. From my understanding engine temp is for the vrods since there liquid cooled.

Last edited by Raccerx67; 04-03-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raccerx67
In the winpv software open options and make sure to set it to pro mode, then you should be able to see it. It will be in the spark directory listed as spark by air temp or engine temp or head temp. From my understanding engine temp is for the vrods since there liquid cooled.
If you still can't see it after selecting Pro Mode, leave the tune open in WinPV, Go to the upper menu bar, PowerVision/Update Tune using PV. You will have to have the PV connected to your PC. This adds all the new tables to the tune you are using. Keep track of what you are updating.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread